Starting a new journey. Tough decision.

Discussion in 'Honda' started by kUmUcHaI 11/1, Dec 4, 2019.

1. kUmUcHaI 11/1

kUmUcHaI 11/1 Senior Member

Hi, Guys. Planning to get a used car for fun drive. I love old honda ( i dont have much money for the newer one ), it is easy to maintain, cheap to take care and i prefer the older design.

Planned to get something lighter and faster beside my daily driven euro r. In my mind, i am thinking of :
    - civic eg 2doors
    - civic ek 2doors
    - crz ( the hybrid )
    - jazz ( ge or gk )
    - dc5

It can carries either b16, b18 or even k20.
    Price range rm60000
    What do u guys think?

Honda forever...classic way better

2. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Don't leave out the EF. It's less targeted by thieves compared to the EG and EK. You'll need to invest in a good alarm system.

I don't like the CRZ, Jazz and DC5 so I can't comment on those. Why not include the DC2 as well? Spacious and prettier than the DC5 (in my opinion).

The EF with a B18cr in manual form is an insane car. It's easy to drive, it's only 800kg heavy and looks fab if done up nicely. Doesn't have the pedigree of the EG or the EK so you don't have to worry about purists cussing you for the b18 swap or anything funny. Parts are easy to source (sort of.. if you know where to look) and it's super nice to drive if setup correctly.

I have a love-hate relationship with the EF. I love to drive the car a lot.. seriously nice to drive. But I hate it in jam situations but that's purely because the EF I have access to is track focused. If it were stock I'd seriously love the car.

3. kUmUcHaI 11/1

Dc2 and ef, both are nice. I am just worry about the exterior spare part. Otherwise, i prefer dc2 over ef.

Izso likes this.
  4. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

but EG and EK exterior same dilemma what. You like which one just buy but EG and EK are the most expensive la.

5. lsm1991

lsm1991 Senior Member

This was my reaction when going through your list

- civic eg 2doors
    =arite good choice nais
    - civic ek 2doors
    =Whoa these cost a bomb
    - crz ( the hybrid )
    =ookay strange choice given the previous 2, but I get the appeal
    - jazz ( ge or gk )
    =Wth.... A random jazz? Kswapped I guess?
    - dc5
    =Ah back to sanity

You already have a euroR (I assume cl7?) , u still want another k20? Or u gunning for something old-school? Cause your list above is real confusing

6. kUmUcHaI 11/1

Yes. A stock engine cl7. Daily driven to work.
    Am always thinking of getting a classic light weight civic or maybe a newer version like jazz or crz with k20 for a weekend drive.
    Hahaha. The feeling of " it is not complete if u dont own a fast modded honda "

7. kUmUcHaI 11/1

I dont have much experience of driving other honda except for a 4doors ek. Before i buy another car and not regret about it later on.
    Hope that maybe u all can give me some opinion if u have an experience of driving a krz, jazz with k20, eg or ek with either b series or k20?

Btw, my cl7 is 1390kg stock before i put in all the speakers and woofer

8. brokenjars

brokenjars 5 Year | Silver

Ever considered nissan cars? Like the nissan sentra b13. The advantages are its cheaper and parts are plenty too. Plus you dont have to worry about theft. Like my project car a nissan sentra b13 with 6mt gearbox and engine swapped with the nissan sr20ve 20v engine (have vvl system almost same like vtec), its a blast. The car is quite light at 1040kg and after full overhaul and tuning the engine, i got 230hp.
    Zerotohundred in 5.8 seconds. All these include overhaul for 20k. Including new rims, tires and new headunit and speakers.

Mitevo7 likes this.
  9. sweelt

sweelt Well-Known Member

Wahhh boss, pls plan meets. Hahaha....

10. brokenjars

Hahaha. I wanted to meet but mot ngam time only. I dunno your car spec yet though. Care to tell? Haha

11. sweelt

sweelt Well-Known Member

Stock gsr only lah 5mt. Enough for me to daily. lol..
    U must let me go 5 tiang.

12. brokenjars

Lol yours also around 220hp la if stock. Should be side by side. Mine also currently use for daily. Waiting new proton x50 next year.

13. alcyon

alcyon Active Member

In simpler terms, great value for money.

14. brokenjars

Haha need to elaborate, or not people wont get the idea ha. This is call marketing lol

15. kUmUcHaI 11/1

Wah. 230hp and 1000kg+.
    Have u tried civic, maybe b16 or b18? How does it different?

But i think i am going to stick to eg or ek 2doors.

16. brokenjars

Tried as in friendly drag or driving it? Haha. Well i rode in a civic eg with b18cr before. When vtec opens, can feel the kick more as compared to my car. Most probably because during tuning my vvl opens at around 6.8k rpm and my cutoff is at 8.3k rpm. The b18cr vtec opens at 5500rpm if not mistaken. I wanted a smooth curve all the way up instead of a kick (there is a drop when stock vvl opens at 5600 rpm before it pulls up according to the dyno graph), so it was set at 6.8k rpm instead. Hence less kick feeling when vvl opens.

If drag..mine wins la. 2L vs 1.8L ma.

17. brokenjars

Btw to ts, u said you wanted a faster car than your euro type r engine.. i dont think a b16 is faster even on a civic eg chassis. How much hp and how fast does your car goes from 0-100km/h?

18. kUmUcHaI 11/1

I have a thread before about my cl7 long long time ago. Posted my dyno sheet with open pod intake, mid till end stainless exhaust and k100, i think around 210+.
    0-100 slow lah - best 7sec+
    Maybe i should just mod my cl7...haha...felt really not appreciating my cl7 sometime...

19. kUmUcHaI 11/1

This is the sheet.
    Waoh..year 2012..
    Initially was going to mod the cl7 but it going to be daily driven. Somemore got 2 children already...so...became dream.

Attached Files:

20. brokenjars

I see vtec opens at around 5500, the graph become steep suddenly. 210 whp is already a lot, plus yours is a heavy car so 7+ seconds already quite decent.
    Perhaps your project car should be a b16 turbo in a civic eg. Engine is quite solid and many are still around in case you blow it during boost lol.