Starting a car restoration..plz help with jpj

t_3ayeah

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi folks...i planing to restore a car from scratch so iv ady found the body of the car but sadly the engine is not there...iv got all the documents and grand of the car but i dont know how do i proceed for transferring ownership since the car is not running and i cant get the approval from puspakom...on the other hand, i dont want after i finished the project under the previous owner name then later he report the car as stolen or etc....what about the engine transplant since im planing to put the new engine...how it can be done at this stage??...anyone done it before??...ill appreciate ur help....tnx

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi folks...i planing to restore a car from scratch so iv ady found the body of the car but sadly the engine is not there...iv got all the documents and grand of the car but i dont know how do i proceed for transferring ownership since the car is not running and i cant get the approval from puspakom...on the other hand, i dont want after i finished the project under the previous owner name then later he report the car as stolen or etc....what about the engine transplant since im planing to put the new engine...how it can be done at this stage??...anyone done it before??...ill appreciate ur help....tnx
I had never done a restoration car before, but many years ago, I did a single digit number plate interchange from a junk, not road worthy car....

The plate was so beautiful, single alphabet and single digit but I cant reveal it here.

I bought the car from Siliau, Negeri Sembilan, took the risk of losing my purchase money but managed to get it done after more than 6 months....

All I can tell you is that I used the Malaysia Boleh ways to get it done....:listen:

t_3ayeah

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i totally get u bro...malaysia is bolehland...but in my case the car dosent have any fancy plate or whatsoever its jst a normal plate...so u think i should done everything then go to jpj for engine transplant registration and owner transfer?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i totally get u bro...malaysia is bolehland...but in my case the car dosent have any fancy plate or whatsoever its jst a normal plate...so u think i should done everything then go to jpj for engine transplant registration and owner transfer?
You said you have got all the documents....

Is the owner still alive?

You have 2 ways or more to do it.

Either you do everything, then do the transfer (its quite risky as you may have some hiccups problems
later)

Or you can do the transfer first, then do up the car.

If you want to do the transfer but do not have the

"SIJIL PEMERIKSAAN TUKAR MILIK - B5" by Puspakom

Then your only hurdle is to obtain this B5

So you see its only ONE document short...

So make special arrangement to get it, other than that you also need the Commissioner of Oath to endorse both the seller & buyers IC

Let your runner do it if you dont want the headache...:listen:

t_3ayeah

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yup... fortunately the owner is alive and he gave me some documents including original grant
basically the documents are jpj forms signed and thumb printed by owner + borang akuan paper and ic copies...and he said if i get the puspakom b5 then everything is ready for transfer....but, since the car is not running and im planing to downgrade the engin for sake of cheap road-tax and better fuel economy but it seems its going to be a hell lot of headaches...if u know a good and trustful runner can u recommend who?:confused:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
yup... fortunately the owner is alive and he gave me some documents including original grant
basically the documents are jpj forms signed and thumb printed by owner + borang akuan paper and ic copies...and he said if i get the puspakom b5 then everything is ready for transfer....but, since the car is not running and im planing to downgrade the engin for sake of cheap road-tax and better fuel economy but it seems its going to be a hell lot of headaches...if u know a good and trustful runner can u recommend who?:confused:
I wouldnt recommend my runner because he does things in a slow motion way...

Try locate the runners at JPJ office, the authorised by JPJ panel list is available for your selection...

Select those whom are more matured & elderly ones, they are more pro and experienced.

If you need to get cheaper roadtax, there are ways of doing it, but too bad the engine is not around, so you got to get an engine anyhow...

If I were in your position, I would negotiate further with the owner, as its problematic and cost money to settle...

Who knows, he might have sold the ori engine for a couple of thousand bucks already....:smokin::listen:
BTW what car is it? Dont tell me its a Merz 380SE ?

Last edited:

t_3ayeah

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yup...gotta go to jpj office to find our more about this situation...btw the car is a old xj6 sovereign...2.9liter model...someone told me to put 2jz engine from supra..but thats also need lots of modification n cost lots of money...but who knows maybe at the end i come to this decision to downgrade the engine to 1jz 2.5...anyone got experience with these swaps?does it worth doing it?the original engine is so underpowered 170bhp only...

kyokonitori88

Nov 13, 2012
Osaka, Japan
Wow this is the best car improvement programme i have ever seen. Its funny its got 2 comedians and excellent team of mechanics and these guys are the real buisness

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, it is better you get the grant transferred to your name first, but you mention the engine is missing? What does the grant mention? engine still there? Not sure how you can get Puspakom approval in this case....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yup...gotta go to jpj office to find our more about this situation...btw the car is a old xj6 sovereign...2.9liter model...someone told me to put 2jz engine from supra..but thats also need lots of modification n cost lots of money...but who knows maybe at the end i come to this decision to downgrade the engine to 1jz 2.5...anyone got experience with these swaps?does it worth doing it?the original engine is so underpowered 170bhp only...
might be better with 2jz upgrade with 3.0liter displacement....

u can do the conversion...just makesure there is no obvious driveshaft cutting/welding (must do nicely-formen must have very nice welding job) including all the mounting....

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Got to enquire JPJ for approval first, especially you are going to do new spacing for the engine mounting...

Dont do everything, spend lots of money and at the end cannot approve by JPJ.....:mad::rofl::banghead::hmmmm2::hmpf::thumpdown:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car stranded yesterday infront KFC...car cant start...when turn the key no whining sound from the pump...try to shaken abit the the f-pump relay..but not working like b4 as what i always did..., left the car whole night there..nxt morning came with my mechanic.. they give a try and suddenly the car can start...can hear the f-pump whining when put car key to 'on'.. the question is...what happen to my car?? izzit the fuel pump relay going bad or that the sign of my fuel pump will gone after...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience