ST check engine light turn on

zerostar78

May 29, 2006
miri/sarawak
hye guys,

my problem start a few days ago.. need some sifu's advice on the matter..here goes..

when i was driving to my destination, suddenly the check engine light turn on, and my car suddenly broke down.. so i just cool becoz i experience it before this probs with my old engine (4afe) which the distributor are faulty.. so, i check the distributor but there is nothing wrong with it.. after a few try my car can start so i quickly go to my mech.. according to him there is no problem wit the car while he check it becoz the light were not on during dat time..ok, so i assume maybe it just coincidence..

i drive back to my hometown and after few days later, the engine check light on again, this time it turn on and off rapidly so again i go to some nearby workshop to hav it check, the mech just reset my ECU n said maybe that will do.. ok, i just follow his advice..

few days later the same problem occur again.. this time i sent my car to another workshop to hav it check again.. just found that my belting are worn so had it change, is dis hav to do wit the check engine light on meh? or otherwise?

plz help me guys, this problem drive me crazy:banghead:...

zerostar78

May 29, 2006
miri/sarawak
have you run ECU diagnosis ?
the mech did run the diagnosis, but i dun know wat he's doing by looking at the blinking light coz he didn't said anything, after dat he just reset the ECU...

btw, after i change the worn belting, it's seem the problem likely solve.. magic? hmm... my next q is, are there any sensor or sort of thing dat can detect loosen/ worn belt there meh? coz i drive all way to my hometown after dat and the check engine light never turn on again...gosh.. bit hepi laa..:smokin:

anyway, thanks bro chinozie for the feedback.. :driver:

cheers..

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
the mech did run the diagnosis, but i dun know wat he's doing by looking at the blinking light coz he didn't said anything, after dat he just reset the ECU...

btw, after i change the worn belting, it's seem the problem likely solve.. magic? hmm... my next q is, are there any sensor or sort of thing dat can detect loosen/ worn belt there meh? coz i drive all way to my hometown after dat and the check engine light never turn on again...gosh.. bit hepi laa..:smokin:

cheers..

Bro... if you saw that blinking... it mean you got error code already...
Try to count blinking slowly then go online search it...

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com

cheers..
which belting ?
when was the ECU has been reset ?

since mech already reset the ECU, maybe that's and old error code...by resetting it, all back to normal...who knows... :biggrin:

try to run the diagnosis again...make sure everything is ok...

you may refer to this page...

Diagnostic Codes

zerostar78

May 29, 2006
miri/sarawak
Bro... if you saw that blinking... it mean you got error code already...
Try to count blinking slowly then go online search it...
owh..ok... so dat blinking is sort of signal/ message like those S.O.S..

tedah, kcian aku...lor, i just know dat...

gud info bro... thanks..

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

which belting ?
when was the ECU has been reset ?

since mech already reset the ECU, maybe that's and old error code...by resetting it, all back to normal...who knows... :biggrin:

try to run the diagnosis again...make sure everything is ok...

you may refer to this page...

Diagnostic Codes
actually the ECU had been reset on last saturday(19.12.09)... then the probs start occur again yesterday..

dis morning i do the same trick by resetting the ECU (in hoping dat some miracle will happen) hehehhe...but the result is still the same dat time...

will run the diagnosis again tomorow wit the mech..dun dare to do it by myself..

thanks for the link bro

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
zerostar78,
It seems that you have a faulty ECU that already reach critical situation.
Do you experience high fuel consumption, bad smell from exhaust, or unstable idling lately?
Suggest to check the ECU immediately.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
zerostar78 - ah ha...soo it seems, the mech just reset the ECU remove temporarily the error code...just try to get the error code...at least all of us know it as a referral ...

then give levin818 a call...he'll be happily to check on your ECU ...

zerostar78

May 29, 2006
miri/sarawak
zerostar78,
Do you experience high fuel consumption, bad smell from exhaust, or unstable idling lately?
thanx 4 ur call yesterday regarding the matter. I just experienced unstable idling. I will have my ECU check and send u the photo soonest.

Thanx again bro.

SE.G

Known Member
Nov 24, 2006
Sarawak
time to change the ecu....toyodata mwahahahahaha:biggrin:

zerostar78

May 29, 2006
miri/sarawak
time to change the ecu....toyodata mwahahahahaha:biggrin:
ya lor, but i'm still not satisfied until its 100% confirm faulty.. and my car broke down again today, sighhh..WTF...:banghead:

btw, will buy another ECU from bro levin 818 n the ori will be spare..

tomorow hav to go to w/shop again... haiya...

RedD

500 RPM
Dec 19, 2004
anywhere..
zerostar78,
hi bro, i'm driving a 4g13 n im havin problems which u mentioned, high fuel consumption, bad smell from exhaust, unstable idling lately.. so, that are the symptoms of a faulty ECU?

thanks.. =)

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
hi bro, i'm driving a 4g13 n im havin problems which u mentioned, high fuel consumption, bad smell from exhaust, unstable idling lately.. so, that are the symptoms of a faulty ECU?

thanks.. =)
Hi RedD,
Are you running Satria 1.3L carburator? If it is a carb engine then you do not have ECU.
For the above symptom, it can be easily diagnose and resolve at any workshop.
Hope this help.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi RedD,
Are you running Satria 1.3L carburator? If it is a carb engine then you do not have ECU.
For the above symptom, it can be easily diagnose and resolve at any workshop.
Hope this help.
Maybe he using 1.5 injection wiring and ECU le?:rofl:

zerostar78

May 29, 2006
miri/sarawak
ya lor, but i'm still not satisfied until its 100% confirm faulty.. and my car broke down again today, sighhh..WTF...:banghead:

btw, will buy another ECU from bro levin 818 n the ori will be spare..

tomorow hav to go to w/shop again... haiya...
fyi my ride is still not ok..

tomorow hav to go to another w/shop again to hav itcheck again..... the prvious mech is not so terrer to solve the probs..haiya..very sad....

hmpp.... hopefully luck r wit me 2moro..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Garmin Mobile XT In Your Car~ZTH EXCLUSIVE~

DEMO VIDEO ON NOKIA 5800 ...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience