corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
good question... but i don't think u need it! :biggrin:

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
hurmmm... just bought the clutch pump this afternoon.. waiting for free time to install it.. hmm.. ssh at sarawak here.. not so many ppl want make old car.. if sndri buat ok la.. most of da workshop prefer to repair new cars.... aiyoo.. i go halfcut shop, the taukey tutup mata tgk my st150.. hahahaha... hurmmm.. now, my engine always kurang minyak hitam.. change every gasket n seal alrdy.. maybe my engine need to overhaul? when i drive my car, especially during accelerate very fast, white fume come out from my exhaust.. hurmmm.. haiyoo.. hahaha

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
i ask several mechanic alrdy. they recommend me try to change my engine oil first. because currently im using the Shell 15-40 engine oil.. they say mybe the minyak too nipis for my engine.. they recommend me to change to 20-50.. a bit thicker.. see what happen.. what do you guys think? hurmmm

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
If burns engine oil that much, I dont think changing oil would help much.. it would helps very little at most .. change piston ring better ..

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
what i learned when running my old 1s engine...
1) boss u change thinker oil can kautim one! (what happens is that when running on thinker oil, it is harder for the oil to reach the piston ring and enter the combustion chamber, but there still will be oil leaking in to it and so u will still be smoking)this cheap rm45
2) boss u fix the sparkplug adapter for sure no need to change plugs so fast( plugs still get black oil on it and take out every 2 days for cleaning) rm 60
3) boss u change electronic distributor can kautim ur hard to start(but due to oil on plug no difference)rm250
4) boss bcoz this 3 piece block u do top overhaul can kautim the engine smoke( did top overhaul twice engine overheat fast)rm1800 x 2
5) boss ur tappet must do setting onliiii( after that car overheat in 10km of driving) rm408
6) boss like this i think must do overhaul again... (i said f**K you!!! kiss my a$$) free
7)sifu 202r said i told u so many times don't waste ur money doing all this for ur engine if u really like the car change the engine (i never listen and wasted all my money now i finally listen and for the past 8 month driving with a :biggrin: on my face everyday....) priceless!!! and actually cheaper than maintaining the old engine...

this is just what happen to me, up to u what u fell like doing...

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
hurmmm.. xmika n corona ice... thanks for the advise.. im thinking of doing overhaul.. general overhaul.. port n polish sumore.. hahahaha.. im thinking of changing to new engine.. considering 3S or 4AGE.. hurmmm.. the halfcut easy to find at my place here.. but to find ppl to install n setting it very hard la.. i wish im still living at kajang or cheras.. got few friends up there.. here... haiyooooo..

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
hurmmm.. xmika n corona ice... thanks for the advise.. im thinking of doing overhaul.. general overhaul.. port n polish sumore.. hahahaha.. im thinking of changing to new engine.. considering 3S or 4AGE.. hurmmm.. the halfcut easy to find at my place here.. but to find ppl to install n setting it very hard la.. i wish im still living at kajang or cheras.. got few friends up there.. here... haiyooooo..
well just remember the golden rule for toyota, if ur car body came with a 4a engine change to any 4a series engine, if it came with 1s series change to any 3s series engine...u would not need to mod any engine mounting so it will pass any inspection...

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
well just remember the golden rule for toyota, if ur car body came with a 4a engine change to any 4a series engine, if it came with 1s series change to any 3s series engine...u would not need to mod any engine mounting so it will pass any inspection...
hahaha.. yaa2.. many of ma friends recommend me the 3s engine.. 3S-GTE.. is this good enough? hahaha.. i think its hard to find it at my place.. if there is any, mybe a bit expensive. do you knw hw much is this engine at your place? so that i can compare the price.. thanks

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

better go for 3s no need to think 4a oledi coz ur engine bay will smile when u put beams inside wkakakakakaka:thefinger:
hehe... beams? the 3S beams engine? i wanna smoke those 4A guys.. HAHAHAHAHA.. :driver:

vincelee1981

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
seremban
hehe... beams? the 3S beams engine? i wanna smoke those 4A guys.. HAHAHAHAHA.. :driver:

Try catch me after install.......wkakakakakaka:beer:(only in town area):rofl:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
wooooo...pancing lor!!!!!:nurse:

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY

Try catch me after install.......wkakakakakaka:beer:(only in town area):rofl:
hahahaha... either i go down seremban or u come sarawak. we drag test.. hahahahhahah :wavey:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
hey guys anyone else coming down to pd for the ol skool gathering???

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

i'll be down on saturday, but the event only start on sunday bro...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

Since my Lancer Engine swap I feel I should do a brake upgrade.

I am lucky that my lancer already has fairly good brakes, with rear disks but I now have about 60% more BHP.

On the back I think I can just put upgraded brake pads but I would like to go bigger on the front.

Current standard set up is 276 MM vented as per here:

I am running 16 inch wheels (which I would like to keep)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience