ST 150 & AT 151 Corona

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
hey2.. im a new owner of 84" 1.8 corona ST150.. hehe.. just bough it Feb 2011.. i buy cheap2.. hahaha.. currently smooth condition alrdy.. hehe.. planning to lower my car.. any ideas what type of spring i shud use? what brand?
Hi & welcome to the Corona thread, mebontot.

Just check with the Corolla LE gang coz the Corona & the LE share the same suspension parts; yes incld. the springs.

Just a word of caution: watch for the rear wheel fouling the fender if you're using bigger than standard sized wheels/rims.

I come around visiting but can't post much cuz I'm separated from my car now :(

So anything significant happening back there? Even our TCO page is pretty quiet nowadays..
It's really quite these days, both cyber & virtual. I thought of joining the Toman gang for TT yesterday but to my disappointment, not even 1 person showed up !

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
2 old 2 rusty.. thanks for the info.. soon im going to put a set of vios 1.5g rims to my car.. the 15" suites enough i think.. i watch ur vdeo on the DYNO test for ur corona.. damn nice man.. cant stand da sound of da BEAMS.. u sold the car alrdy?

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Thank you for the kind compliment, I'm still having the car.:biggrin:

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
nicee... if me, wont sell it.. such a masterpiece.. can i knw when u install da engine, do you modify the mounting or is it the engine "ngam2 masuk"? and what model of bumper u use for front n rear..

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
WOOHOO!!! rage is back!
dei bro... car with or without still post la... well once u come back i think u need to install e manage ady la... coz vince car flying like crazy ady... yesterday he said on highway ady potong e7 lor!!! but when i sit in his car i did like the pick up... so u next than me lah!
for me can cucuk mr.yau also good enough....

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haha, so I read, bro Shan. Seems like we're gonna have a hard time keeping up with Vince!
Emanage is definitely among the plans, but I only plan to install that after completing the hardware upgrades. As such, I'm just wondering whether I should do a top overhaul or engine rebuild before installing emanage. You know the condition of my engine, don't you? :(
Well, all these plans will have to wait till I'm back! What about you guys? Bro Shan, mr Yau, any new upgrades?

Last edited:

vincelee1981

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
seremban
WOOHOO!!! rage is back!
dei bro... car with or without still post la... well once u come back i think u need to install e manage ady la... coz vince car flying like crazy ady... yesterday he said on highway ady potong e7 lor!!! but when i sit in his car i did like the pick up... so u next than me lah!
for me can cucuk mr.yau also good enough....
aiya just like u vs subaru on kesas last time ma........nothing ma!keekekekekekeke still aware of bt 6speed

but for me i like to install the emanage first coz i will feel the different each time i done the upgrade just like shan said feel it not enough then upgrade:nurse:,my car now should be in maintain condition and no more upgrade for now......maybe will go for camshaft next year...

overall my car now boost lower @ 0.8 bar but felt it run faster especially catch up:smokin:,next we will see the BT 6speed upgrade when he is back,btw i ask the tuner and he said u upgrade the AFPR,exhaust(2.3") and emanage would be enough to play play:driver:

when would be the next TT huh or do u all guys coming down for the oldskool TT @ PD?

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
im in need of a set of 1S carburator.. my stock engine carburator.. at my place here so hard to find.. =.=

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
aiya just like u vs subaru on kesas last time ma........nothing ma!keekekekekekeke still aware of bt 6speed
that fella let me go coz see my car jumping like wanna jump on his car!
when would be the next TT huh or do u all guys coming down for the oldskool TT @ PD?
i'm coming!!!
im in need of a set of 1S carburator.. my stock engine carburator.. at my place here so hard to find.. =.=
aisey bro, i don't know what the mec did with my engine otherwise, carb and electronic distributor also got....

mebontot

Jun 25, 2011
MY
aiyoo.. sayang oo.. i tink i just go cci da carb la.. cci bersih2.. but the cost of the carb kit oso @.@ hahaha.. thinking of mod ma stock engine oni for the moment.. kinda like da 1S engine.. hehe..

vincelee1981

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
seremban
if u wanna service the carb is good make sure u find a mec does really tune for carb perfomance coz last time when i with my iswara i go for tune the carb,they look like pro la tune it with the air fuel ratio sensor input @ exhaust it will more accurate for fuel save..just what i did last time..kekekekeke

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
anyone pls help me with the petrol float!!!!!!!!!! toyota stt150!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
don't bang ur head so much... after get headache.... just replace only la... go to jalan ipoh...can buy new summore...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HotBits Suspension system...for cars & suvs.
I'm planning to change my stock absorbers and the stock springs, because my front stock absorbers are partially not working well already.

I'm considering HotBits, as they offer adjustable coilover suspension (front & back) for my car.

Has anyone installed products from the HotBits suspension range?
Any good or bad comments?

I would appreciate if current or ex-users can give their opinion on HotBits products, before I actually make my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience