ST 150 & AT 151 Corona

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Do whatever you guys want but just make sure no kepala putus, tangan & kaki putus :nurse: or badan putus. Come back in 1 piece, k.:biggrin:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
Do whatever you guys want but just make sure no kepala putus, tangan & kaki putus :nurse: or badan putus. Come back in 1 piece, k.:biggrin:
in order for this not to happen, we need a chaperone...i can only think of one person:idea:

1 guess who!!:biggrin:

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
that "chaperone" you're referring to will be waiting for us at the finishing line while we're barely halfway through, counting the minutes on his watch and wondering what's taking us so long..

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
in order for this not to happen, we need a chaperone...i can only think of one person

1 guess who!!
that "chaperone" you're referring to will be waiting for us at the finishing line while we're barely halfway through, counting the minutes on his watch and wondering what's taking us so long..

hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

I nominate sifu Levin92 because he used to be from the mountains, so he should be the best person for the job + he has a 3SGTE under his hood; just like the hero in Initial D. He delivers tofu using the hilly roads everyday !

black910

Known Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
We all nominate the Orange Corona with the Red Beams ......

:party:

I have noted one issue during our last gathering in Kajang. Me, Vince, Manson & shan have a similar problem at the Absorber section. All 4 people in the hood got colorful engines, however lacking on handing parts.

2o2r based on your experience, please advise what would be the best plan for us? I need the car to be in my control, not the car control me.
:driver:

Last edited:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006

I have noted one issue during our last gathering in Kajang. Me, Vince, Manson & shan have a similar problem at the Absorber section. All 4 people in the hood got colorful engines, however lacking on handing parts.

2o2r based on your experience, please advise what would be the best plan for us? I need the car to be in my control, not the car control me.
I'm no expert but I'll share what I know. So what do you want to know ? "Best Plan" meaning ? I need more details,

black910

Known Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Best plan meaning :

a) Any specific brand u recommend us to go with for coilovers
b) Any custom made sets or friends you known selling certain sets in setiawan
c) Go for the normal sets sold in sparepart shops or aftermarket used adjustables
d) Any specific Kilos for the absorber front and rear for optimum handling depending the weight of the heart in the hood?
e) Why the famous Tein have slim center tube and consider as racing spec, while i have notice some Cusco / race types have center tube as thick as a house steel water pipes...

I also dunno la sifu, u let us know what you done before , how you find it working for you.... i remember you posted a few coilovers sold in setiawan for AE101 if i not mistaken... any good comments? or go for the jap used aftermarkets...

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city

i guess u guys guessed the correct guess that i ask to guess to.....:hmmmm:

and a very good observation black910!:adore:

but personally i don't know how 2o2r gonna rectify what we need as we all carry different loads!

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah.. diff engine on diff car needs diff suspension setup. even sifu 2o2r has diff suspension setups for his 2 coronas because they're running diff engines and are meant for diff purposes!

as for me, i'm happy with how the kayaba gear climb shocks with the stock springs are carrying the bt around. i dont use it for extreme driving though so i haven't tried pushing the limit yet.

oh yea, Mr. Yau, when you test drove my car during our last trip there the discussion was focused purely on the engine and performance. did you happen to have any feedback on how the car handled?

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
yeah.. diff engine on diff car needs diff suspension setup. even sifu 2o2r has diff suspension setups for his 2 coronas because they're running diff engines and are meant for diff purposes!

as for me, i'm happy with how the kayaba gear climb shocks with the stock springs are carrying the bt around. i dont use it for extreme driving though so i haven't tried pushing the limit yet.

oh yea, Mr. Yau, when you test drove my car during our last trip there the discussion was focused purely on the engine and performance. did you happen to have any feedback on how the car handled?
Since you don't drive it to the limit, it should be ok.

i guess u guys guessed the correct guess that i ask to guess to.....

and a very good observation black910!

but personally i don't know how 2o2r gonna rectify what we need as we all carry different loads!
What both of you pointed out is absolutely true. I'll just repeat what I've told you guys before. Suspension setting is a very subjective, it's more of a personal signature kinda thing. We don't feel the same on the how hard is hard is hard & how soft is soft. I'll just stick to the general rule.

Best plan meaning :

a) Any specific brand u recommend us to go with for coilovers
Brands don't matter so much as there're so many different models & settings.
b) Any custom made sets or friends you known selling certain sets in setiawan
Nope
c) Go for the normal sets sold in sparepart shops or aftermarket used adjustables
If you want comfort, go for those normal sets sold in sparepart shops & if you want sports, then go for aftermarket used adjustables.
d) Any specific Kilos for the absorber front and rear for optimum handling depending the weight of the heart in the hood?
I don't think you can just specify the spring rate without taking into consideration of the shox settings & spring setting (bump & rebound) & get it right just 1 time. I recommend you to do the trial & error method.
e) Why the famous Tein have slim center tube and consider as racing spec, while i have notice some Cusco / race types have center tube as thick as a house steel water pipes...
Some use the conventional shaft like ordinary shox which very or nothing to their classification on being racing spec or street. The big shaft type is the üpside down type (like the Buddy Club Racing Spec I'm using now). The big shaft you see is actually the housing, the smaller shaft is below,. hence called upside down.

I also dunno la sifu, u let us know what you done before , how you find it working for you.... i remember you posted a few coilovers sold in setiawan for AE101 if i not mistaken... any good comments? or go for the jap used aftermarkets...

What I posted was in Ipoh, not Sitiawan. It's cheap but I've never used them before. So far I've only used potong kereta adjustables. Couldn't afford new ones.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Dr. 2o2r , thanks for the reply, appreciate it alot. I have my eyes on the buddyclub ones as well however just to double check with you, is it priced over RM2k for 2 pair all around?

Buddy club adjustable toyota seg ae101 - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

hehehe... above link for references
Yr most welcome, Black. I paid the same price for my set. Most important is the height adjustable part; meaning not using the spring to adjust the height.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys I'm facing a problem which is my turbo is giving out white smoke after I kill t:rolleyes:he car. When I'm in the jam. Car will getting hotter and hotter until about 100c. Could it be my turbo die?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience