minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Hi All,
Seeking for some advice.
I have an old proton Wira and thinking of giving it a refresh. I would like to do 1) sound dampening (floor and door) and 2) spray a new paint.

Which one shall I do first?

Thanks in advance.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Are you planning to do autofoam? If yes might be a good idea to collaborate between autofoam and paintshop. Strip the car down bare, foam it, paint it, then put everything back.

If no autofoam then paint first, then do dampening.

Reactions: minibeany

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Are you planning to do autofoam? If yes might be a good idea to collaborate between autofoam and paintshop. Strip the car down bare, foam it, paint it, then put everything back.

Not autofoam. Just normal sound dampening material. Saw a great Raya offer :-)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
it would be better if able to strip the car for paint first... then sound dampening..then only re-install everything in the car

Reactions: minibeany

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

Interestingly, I went to search and read more about autofoam. Is it true that it can harden the frame?
you know la... C97 body is like tin milo... now about 20 years... maybe need some hardening?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Interestingly, I went to search and read more about autofoam. Is it true that it can harden the frame?
you know la... C97 body is like tin milo... now about 20 years... maybe need some hardening?
yes it can. but don't ever get into an accident as it will be impossible to straighten again.

parakey

1,000 RPM

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You want to pump autofoam into your doors?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
uh... I don't think you're supposed to do that.

ok but it will make the car panel workshop curse because adjusting a foamed chassis is not simple.
Talking abt repairing chassis, there is this guy on YT repairing totalled cars and recently he did a Lambo.

In one vid, i did saw him cutting away a sill plate and remove some foam which comes stock from factory. I believe its on a BMW. Foam is there for comfort as i dont see any way it help strengten the chassis.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience