Sound come out from suspension

jesslim1981

Dec 12, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i install gab ss series about two year, after i install ss series, it got a sound kakakakak............. come out from my car left suspension area,
i try to repair, take out-install many time, change mounting, send back to gab sevice center, but result come out is same, who people face a same problem, or which shop can help me to solve the problem????

jesslim1981

Dec 12, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
my car is new vios07, sound come out from front left hand side. try to change mount, try to send back to GAB service center, repair many time, but problem cant solve also.

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
im currently facing similar problems to you too. but mine is front ride side. tried servicing but the noise still come back. but after driving for a long time, the noise become softer..

the sound is only very noisy when wanna start the car n drive. sounds like 'tak tak tak tak' when bumpy roads..

really unbearable.. already tried going to a few workshops but they take out suspension and check still nothing. any foreman here can help?? desperate for help here

Last edited:

mrevo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2008
try check your pillow ball. I was facing same prob last time. now the prob gone after changing the pillow ball.

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
sry for hijacking thread starters topic, but since we facing the same problem. perhaps we can share the topic :p

try check your pillow ball. I was facing same prob last time. now the prob gone after changing the pillow ball.
thanks for the input! but i think my adjustables doesnt come with pillow ball.. just the adjustables top mount fix back to my stock mounting on the chassis

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
i wonder if it could be the absorber mounting? read from some forum that the rubber might have 'kecut' or spoil d, then kenot absorb when impact when absorber move during driving on uneven/rough roads..

but mine when i press the car down on the front fender can hear the knocking sound.. but not coming out from the top mount..

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
suspect manufacturer defect.......maybe changing the springs could help perhaps...?
hmm but mine i use for quite some time already.. perhaps need to go check on the absorber mounting rubber or the mounting itself.

usually if spring sound will be more like a 'lighter' sound, more like sounds of bell ringing "ching ching" like that wan.. can be solved if balut the springs with rubber hose.. can try use normal rubber pipe hose, use razor blade and cut small slit. then wrap at the bottom and top part of the springs as mostly the coils at the bottom or top of the spring more prone to hitting against one another.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

im facing the same problem too....front left side, sound appears when braking only.
hmm if braking only could be other problems like wheel bearing perhaps? hows the sound like?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
i install gab ss series about two year, after i install ss series, it got a sound kakakakak............. come out from my car left suspension area,
i try to repair, take out-install many time, change mounting, send back to gab sevice center, but result come out is same, who people face a same problem, or which shop can help me to solve the problem????
hi, in order to help us help you, can you describe the symptoms with more detail?
- like in what situations does the sound seem to appear?
- do you get it when turning or turning hard
- going over bad roads or a hump or a hole

this may or may not be due to the coilovers

you may want to film the situation with your phone and post it on youtube for us

im sure its the springs...
when i brake, sound like metal twisting...suspect the springs pusing during braking...
kinda irritating though..
sometimes, wear and tear can cause the spring perches(the circular items that holds the spring) rub against the springs when turning the steering wheel. and may emit a loud "tap" at the end.

in your case, it's during braking, which i'm guessing should be the common anti roll bar bushings, which in our weather, with constant rain and dry would quickly de-grease the bushings against the metal bar cause squeaks under stress

a quick fix is always WD-40. a better quick fix is some good lithium grease or similar. the best fix is to hoist the car and remove the bushings and apply some real grease.

hope this helps

sometimes, we learn through experience that certain sounds may not be what we think it is or where its from

jesslim1981

Dec 12, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
sound will come out when i turn left or turn right, a sound like hit something ' taktaktak' when i cross a bumpy road, i try to remove GAB and stock back original suspension, the sound disappear, i install GAB again SOUND AS BEFORE NEVER GONE. change mounting, tighten coil over, remove and install, i have try many method but nothing use..........

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone teach me how to spray the engine cam cover?

need to remove it from engine before spray?

need to peel off the original coating before spraying? <_<

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience