Sound come out from suspension

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
sound will come out when i turn left or turn right, a sound like hit something ' taktaktak' when i cross a bumpy road, i try to remove GAB and stock back original suspension, the sound disappear, i install GAB again SOUND AS BEFORE NEVER GONE. change mounting, tighten coil over, remove and install, i have try many method but nothing use..........
A video would be helpful

it'll be best to look for a suspension expert, i can only recommend Nanda Kumar from RCS for this,
you can find him here: RCS - Radical Chassis Solutions | Facebook

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
thanks for the advice tom, but the shop looks exp.. mine only small potato, not any race/track car haha.

the sound on my car getting worst day by day..

mrevo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2008
thanks for the advice tom, but the shop looks exp.. mine only small potato, not any race/track car haha.

the sound on my car getting worst day by day..
You may go to kepong, behind the maybank. There was a shop which doing adjustable repair. They can repair major type of adjustable. The price is reasonable with good wormanship. I sent there last 2 years, and now still good as usual.

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
You may go to kepong, behind the maybank. There was a shop which doing adjustable repair. They can repair major type of adjustable. The price is reasonable with good wormanship. I sent there last 2 years, and now still good as usual.
can give location?

may i know the price?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
im facing the same problem too....front left side, sound appears when braking only.
Wah GAB all make manufacuring defects on one side ar? My GAB mounting broke on the front left too, same noise eactly. Meh. I hate GAB.

Viera Sasaki

Known Member
Feb 17, 2011
Perlis,Malaysia
I'm also facing the same problem with my Monroe shock absorber last year. It always producing a "taktaktak..." sounds at the rear. I was thinking it was the 'shock' itself which causing the problem when I go on a bumpy road or when tackle a corner. Then I change back to APM standard 'shock' and the sound just go disappear. But because I'm not satisfied with it, I installed back the Monroe 'shock' and change my standard stabilizer and camber arm to adjustable one. Problem solve after that.

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
lol, agree with tom, sounds does sometimes coming out from places you rarely would think off.

jess, when you change back to stock abs, did you change the abs mounting as well? if i'm not mistaken, vios07 model were using a single nut bolting type mounting with rubber cushion under the chassis, right?

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
running around forum to forum, i have noticed that almost everyone who owns some coilovers have experienced some form of clunk clunk sounds.......more apparent in the rears.

My car is running tein superstreets and the rears have that annoying clunking sound as well.....more apparent on low speed bumps. So i'd like to ask everyone here who has owned coilovers or are running coilovers........

"do all aftermarket coilovers make noises?"

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
sori coz tumpang this thread... :adore:

currently i am also encountering this problem...
da rear absorber on the left/passenger side is having some klok, klok, klok sound.
it getting more visible day by day...

usually the sound appears when i was driving slow at speed below 30kmh coz bad road condition...then can hear clearly.and its getting annoying now! :bawling:

no sound when turning hard or over bump or hole...

btw its a hwl absorber for myvi install to my cute little viva...

anyone knows wats the culprit and any solutions?

dun wan wasting my time goin to workshop and wait helplessly and the prob still persist.
already went twice to kakimotor at sunway and now they ask me to bring my ol absorber and install it to check if the prob still persist...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Could anyone advise me on how I could wire or "add on" something that will make my side mirrors open when I switch on the engine and close when I switch off..

found this cool video on youtube which illustrates what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0LZzKC1bfs

I have been looking long and hard but I still havent found something that is promising.

Please help guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience