Sound Advice Needed, About to spend 125k on Civic

alalio

Nov 26, 2004
Aetobatus > A fine site. Getting modification ideas on the car now.... oh man getting bitten by the modification bug again... not good :o Thanks for the site btw

scudracer > In regards to the car above, is that a manual ES that you are driving right now?? Also, is that the stock bodykit and rear wing? Your black ES looks very nice (if thats yours), i might do it up similarly :D

alalio

Nov 26, 2004
Btw, I have been warned by the Honda sales rep that putting rims larger than 17" may void the warranty of the car because the added weight of the said rims may not be supported by the car suspension etc etc... is that true?? In my opinion, its a freaking 04' Civic! She says 18" and above would be too heavy and may damage the car in some way?! Fibs or facts? Please do tell me.

Power OfDream

Known Member
Apr 2, 2004
Originally posted by alalio@Nov 28 2004, 23:56
Aetobatus > A fine site. Getting modification ideas on the car now.... oh man getting bitten by the modification bug again... not good :o Thanks for the site btw

scudracer > In regards to the car above, is that a manual ES that you are driving right now?? Also, is that the stock bodykit and rear wing? Your black ES looks very nice (if thats yours), i might do it up similarly :D
i dun see any pic? mind sharing the pic of ur car scduracer...

Aetobatus

Known Member
Jul 30, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by alalio@Nov 29 2004, 00:02
Btw, I have been warned by the Honda sales rep that putting rims larger than 17" may void the warranty of the car because the added weight of the said rims may not be supported by the car suspension etc etc... is that true??
False. And the sales lady is retarded.

Simple logic, wheels stay on the road. How can 18" wheels add any weight to the car in general? (though it does give the engine some tension due to larger diameter of the wheels = heavier) Tell her you're not carrying the wheels in your trunk, but rather mount them on the car. :D

Now it'll be a complete different story if you were to replace your stock springs but i don't think that was the question.

Bottom line: put whatever you like on your car. Just be sure you keep the stock parts so you could swap them over when you bring the car in for major maintenance.

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
Another pic: http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrides/sho.../cat/500/page/1

1) Front Under Spoiler - Honda Access Corp. (Japan)
2) Rear Under Spoiler - Honda Access Corp. (Japan)
3) Front Grille - Honda Access Corp. (Made in USA)
4) Trunk Spoiler - HMSB original (Local)
5) Wheels - Honda Access Corp. 16"

Springs - Eibach has European Civic Diesel springs which are closest to 2.0 requirements. The springs for 1.7 are not the same.

Honda Access and probably R&D do not recommend anything larger than 16" for the 4-lug hub. The HAC wheel has proper offset and size, and even comes with a door pillar sticker for pressure/replacement tyre size. Remember that the 17" wheel on the DC5 is 5-lug.

If you want bigger it has to be for a reason. If its for braking, then its better to convert to DC5 like on the MME winning car.

http://asia.vtec.net/article/MME2004ET1/index.html

alalio

Nov 26, 2004
I take it that HMSB is Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd? Therefore I should be able to option the rear spoiler right? Where do i get those Honda Access Corp. parts? Can I option it as well when i purchase the car from Kah Motor KL? Also, am i able to option Xenon headlamps with the car a.k.a those found on an Accord Euro? If that is a possible option, how much will it cost? If it is not a viable option, are there any aftermarket Xenon kits available out there for the Civic? If yes how much? Thanks for all the info guys.. it looks extremely likely i would be getting the car. Cheers

Power OfDream

Known Member
Apr 2, 2004
Originally posted by scudracer@Nov 29 2004, 06:42
Another pic: http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrides/sho.../cat/500/page/1

1) Front Under Spoiler - Honda Access Corp. (Japan)
2) Rear Under Spoiler - Honda Access Corp. (Japan)
3) Front Grille - Honda Access Corp. (Made in USA)
4) Trunk Spoiler - HMSB original (Local)
5) Wheels - Honda Access Corp. 16"

Springs - Eibach has European Civic Diesel springs which are closest to 2.0 requirements. The springs for 1.7 are not the same.

Honda Access and probably R&D do not recommend anything larger than 16" for the 4-lug hub. The HAC wheel has proper offset and size, and even comes with a door pillar sticker for pressure/replacement tyre size. Remember that the 17" wheel on the DC5 is 5-lug.

If you want bigger it has to be for a reason. If its for braking, then its better to convert to DC5 like on the MME winning car.

http://asia.vtec.net/article/MME2004ET1/index.html
which one is ur car SCUDRACER?

Aetobatus

Known Member
Jul 30, 2004
Visit site
alalio,

You can option everything as you see on his car. The rims are exactly the same as RX Civic produced in the previous year. For front/rear lip, Kah Motor should have them and they come painted. Basically, all you need to do is to pay for the labor.

HID is not a possible option from the dealer. You can always get a set of aftermarket projector and retrofit the hid kit on. Or buy those universal H4 kit and install them on your stock housing.

There are plenty of HID manufacturers/brands out there but from what I heard, those taiwan made ballast doesn't last as long as the manufacturer's claim. Replacement cost a bomb so the best option is to get those with Hella or Philip's ballast (at least I heard more +ve review than the taiwan made ballast). And you will want to get the H4/9003 kit... for your low beam. you should be lookign to spend about 1000-1600 depending on the brands plus labor. If you're a car nut like me, you can diy too. It's not that hard.

Check out the site I just posted. His car is exactly the same as that. He probably bought the so called "concept civic" from HMSB since its 100% alike. I wonder what's the price like.

alalio

Nov 26, 2004
Just got quoted from Kah Motor.. Full Xenon upgrade is about RM2500, the rear wing is RM700, and the VKool tinting is a massive RM1700-1800. Sigh~

Aetobatus

Known Member
Jul 30, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by alalio@Nov 29 2004, 19:35
Full Xenon upgrade is about RM2500
Do they really?

Whole headlight system or just the kit? High & Low beam?

If they are offering you the kit that you can get anywhere else then RM2500 is wayyyy too expensive. Then again, I would do it for warranty sake. maybe i won't <_<

speedydemonz

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
just a few ques..how interested r u in getting this car?

to be honest, its a good basic car to start wif if u wan to be a leader in the coming modding age of honda's...the powerplant used in that 2004 civic is only found in thai n m'sia..ok, the engine..K20A3..small pistons compared to the DC5 or EP3 type r and no oil squitters in it..lower compression as well, correct me if i'm wrong, but this powerplant is found in that of the RSX Base model not the Type-S and same goes for the 5 speed auto gearbox..

for future mods, u can just get the gearbox of the Honda Civic SI of the US or Europe market and bolt on and a bolt on gearbox dash on the Civic..if u plan on using forced induction on that engine for future mods, but if u plan on going NA all the way then dont bother coz the auto tranny in the Civic is not build to take the traction produced from turbo's or superchargers..

and its also up to ur budger too..haha..cheers mate!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

come here to give tips and hints about the 2way alarm.

i am using King Eagle. Functional wise is pretty good though the communication range doesnt seems to be as far as stated.

- Question on remote start.

My system crank 'abit' longer than normal turn-key start. Is not axactly overcranking. During normal key start my car only require half second crank whereby the alarm system crank for a second lo.

currently the 'stop-cranking' sensor is connected to 'Check oil pressure'. So i wonder...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience