Some joker rear-ended my Coupe

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
I was on my way home after breakfast with some friends on Sunday and had to queue up behind a long line of cars on a busy intersection and some guy who was driving a Wira aeroback did not notice everyone have stopped and ran right into my butt.

The 'good' thing was he wasn't going fast and he had beforehand got on the brakes and scrubbed off some speed before rear-ending my car.

My initial thought was it's going to be a mess. But when I got out to inspect, my only damage was a slightly scratched rear bumper and one of the licence plate lights in the bumper had popped out of its socket. Other than that, the car is fine.

On the other hand, the Wira's nose is crumpled. Not significantly, but very noticeable. I told him to pop the hood and check his radiator but the hood is stuck from the damage. He apologized and everything is cool.

Makes me wonder....is a Hyundai Coupe that strong or is a Wira that weak ?

Guys...a reminder....when you drive, don't just look at the car immediately in front of you. Try to look far ahead and be aware what the traffic is doing. You are less likely to be surprised if you look far ahead. It's an obvious thing to say but you'd be surprised how often people do not do this (including me). We drive along and sooner or later our mind starts to drift and daydream.

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
nothing to do with weak front or strong rear end...its just the Wira's crumple zone doing its job. :bike:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Heard this many times , it happens on other car too..like one case ( real experience , was in the car ) , a perdana knock a saga bumper to bumper , the saga behind bumper was alright , no scratches AT ALL , but the perdana radiator , hood , etc got damage....Maybe because backside are stronger than the nose just like human..its not as painful if our ass is hit compared to our nose..haha..