Society Newbie seeking for help! Myvi or Iriz?

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
I dunno. I've driven both, I've sat on both (long distance drives) and I've tested all variants of the Myvi. I have only tested the Iriz 1.6 CVT. I don't like the Iriz. Granted the seating position is better but somehow the Myvi feels more "airy" and less claustrophobic. But that's just me.

Since you're paying for this yourself and you're a student, I'd suggest you consider the Myvi purely for its resale value. Later on in life when you're more capable you can trade in the Myvi for something better with minimal loss. A 2015-17 Myvi 1.5 manual is RM21-25k atm the moment and in another 5 years it'll at most drop to 15-18k. Then your overall loss will minimal over the 5 years.

An Iriz 2015 is about 26k for a CVT. Protons are not known for their resale value except for the X70. But that's too new to know for sure.

And I know a guy who has a completely stock 1.5 Myvi with 15" rims and tyres that can carry so much speed in touge runs that people with modified cars or with bigger capacity cars can barely keep up with him. I've had the privilege to be in the car during one run and seeing how the car handles the corners and all is pretty impressive. But with the way he drives I can pretty much guarantee the CVT would not be able to keep up. I believe handling for the Myvi and Iriz are both equally good but ultimately it boils down to the drivers skill imho.

The only thing the Iriz has over the Myvi is the aircon system. Proton aircon is notoriously good in lasting forever and always being cold.

Iriz Daily Driver for the past 4 years.
Pros
Rigid chassis for sporty driving
Can be remapped now
Good aircond
Good supportive seats especially the passenger seat. Almost all my passengers fall asleep soundly wherever it is a leisure drive with the air cond blasting out cold air.
MT transmission is sublime for a local car Albeit the tall gear ratios between 4 and 5, it is a blast to drive should you know how to use the engine powerband,

Cons
Cramped and Claustrophobic because of all the thick pillars and metal structures. It took me a year to get used to it.
Bad NVH for the first gen
CVT is the limitation of this car that ruined the whole package.
Stock Suspension. It is crappy, a waste that it is in this rigid chassis. Too much body movement and damping is not done well. Less than 50k km, it is giving way already
Fuel efficiency. If this is in your mind as your top priority, better stick with myvi.
Brakes. Expected to be better than myvi, but it turns out that it is not.

Reactions: Ceejay3196 and Izso

Ceejay3196

Sep 27, 2019
Will u be able to live with the feeling that 'I should have follow my hearts' everytime u see car A when u have already buy car B?

If its a war i describe it as 'Its not about killing a man, its about living with it'.

The complications go further when you knew in car you got your own endgame, the ultimate dream car. for me it's STi.

Then you want to keep the car you buy now because of sentimental value or let it go? Or after get married, keep this car as fun car?

If keep it as fun car ain't no spicy nuff
if keep it as daily ain't not practical nuff

ahhhh pengsan

Ceejay3196

Sep 27, 2019
I dunno. I've driven both, I've sat on both (long distance drives) and I've tested all variants of the Myvi. I have only tested the Iriz 1.6 CVT. I don't like the Iriz. Granted the seating position is better but somehow the Myvi feels more "airy" and less claustrophobic. But that's just me.

Since you're paying for this yourself and you're a student, I'd suggest you consider the Myvi purely for its resale value. Later on in life when you're more capable you can trade in the Myvi for something better with minimal loss. A 2015-17 Myvi 1.5 manual is RM21-25k atm the moment and in another 5 years it'll at most drop to 15-18k. Then your overall loss will minimal over the 5 years.

An Iriz 2015 is about 26k for a CVT. Protons are not known for their resale value except for the X70. But that's too new to know for sure.

And I know a guy who has a completely stock 1.5 Myvi with 15" rims and tyres that can carry so much speed in touge runs that people with modified cars or with bigger capacity cars can barely keep up with him. I've had the privilege to be in the car during one run and seeing how the car handles the corners and all is pretty impressive. But with the way he drives I can pretty much guarantee the CVT would not be able to keep up. I believe handling for the Myvi and Iriz are both equally good but ultimately it boils down to the drivers skill imho.

The only thing the Iriz has over the Myvi is the aircon system. Proton aircon is notoriously good in lasting forever and always being cold.
I'm a fresh grad drop out bro. Not a student anymore. dumped the degree and get into USM- University Society Malaysia.

I do like that claustrophobic. It make me feel like in one with the car. the one that I don't like the most on myvi is the "filmsyness" when I'm going fast. But that's just me and it is subjective.

I've driven a myvi for grab and that era is madness. MEX highway go at 170. KLIA to KL Ampang only 20mins. it's a 4AT somemore. That engine pull for such small car is very very impressed.
.However how good it is I will feel like she's just not hot enough. She will cook good food do all your housechores, even allow you to have sex with her whenever you wanted, but she is just not interactive enough to hit your cilmax.

On the other hand proton doing that right. She can make you feel like a damn lion on bed with her on her red hot lingerie when you wanted to bang her, but she won't clean the dishes nor she will help you out.

Ceejay3196

Sep 27, 2019
I'm a fresh grad drop out bro. Not a student anymore. dumped the degree and get into USM- University Society Malaysia.

I do like that claustrophobic. It make me feel like in one with the car. the one that I don't like the most on myvi is the "filmsyness" when I'm going fast. But that's just me and it is subjective.

I've driven a myvi for grab and that era is madness. MEX highway go at 170. KLIA to KL Ampang only 20mins. it's a 4AT somemore. That engine pull for such small car is very very impressed.
.However how good it is I will feel like she's just not hot enough. She will cook good food do all your housechores, even allow you to have sex with her whenever you wanted, but she is just not interactive enough to hit your cilmax.

On the other hand proton doing that right. She can make you feel like a damn lion on bed with her on her red hot lingerie when you wanted to bang her, but she won't clean the dishes nor she will help you out.
But deep down you know you're a very ham sap young man....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Iriz Daily Driver for the past 4 years.
How's the build quality of the car? And also many things rosak or not? How many km you've covered

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
How's the build quality of the car? And also many things rosak or not? How many km you've covered
FYI, mine is the 1st gen so it may not be applicable to the new ones. As of today, it is 65k km
1) fit and finish & CVT gearbox are hit or miss
2) roof moldings are shit, they fly off wherever i replaced them after 3 months.
3) reverse camera and reverse sensors are inconsistent
4) very poor sound insulation
5) inconsistent paint thickness and paint colour
6) fuel smell in cabin after re-fueling
7) poor quality engine mounting and stock suspension.
8) Good build quality of the car are the engine, the chassis, the car panels and the leather seats (if you opt for the premium)

replying ownself? wrong account?
ROFL:rofl::rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

You are one strange dude. But anyway it sounds like you've decided on what you want.

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
You should get this looked at
No proper solution. You can search all IRIZ club page and forums, no one, not even COSE has identified the solution. Anyway, it is just interim with 2-3 minutes of driving, then there will be no more smell.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
No proper solution. You can search all IRIZ club page and forums, no one, not even COSE has identified the solution. Anyway, it is just interim with 2-3 minutes of driving, then there will be no more smell.
That's highly irresponsible of Proton/Cose. Petrol fumes are highly flammable and now you have them in an enclosed space. So how now? Each time pump petrol, have to get everybody out of the car?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
That's highly irresponsible of Proton/Cose. Petrol fumes are highly flammable and now you have them in an enclosed space. So how now? Each time pump petrol, have to get everybody out of the car?
known issue, theres somesort of gap by the back. thats where the stink comes in

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
known issue, theres somesort of gap by the back. thats where the stink comes in
Isnt the fuel tank a sealed unit? They have a carbon canister for the breather right? You are not supposed to smell petrol fumes in the cabin. Does Persona have the exact same issues?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Isnt the fuel tank a sealed unit? They have a carbon canister for the breather right? You are not supposed to smell petrol fumes in the cabin. Does Persona have the exact same issues?
not like super strong smells, its like whiffs you're basically smelling the outside air

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Guia Circuit plays host to the legendary Macau GP. A location that some say is much more daunting than the already very intimidating Monaco street circuit. It's tight corners, steel barriers and no run off areas whatsoever provide for some great racing and one that separates the legends from the men and the men from the boys. It is also the only street race event that features both cars and bike races.

Many...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience