So who won the drag??

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
stan

if u entered, i think u can go 2nd place la. hahahaha.. titan power maaa! hahaha

anyway, I got to the event just as the REDSun skyline burst into flames. haha... but kudos to the fire marshalls... very fast reaction leh.

BTW, the whole event was quite a mess. there's very little, if none, crowd control at all. As if they didn't have enough marshalls to go around but i saw like at least 5 marshalls directing people in the car park!! wrong place dudes!.. they should've been at the pit lane.

Also, about burnouts.... they should only allowed the cars to do burnouts at pit exits!! not at the pit lane itself. damn scary la to see the Thai RX7 and the VIS RX7 doing burnouts at pit lane... while hundreds of people standing just inches away!!

One more thing, What's with the DJ? they should've done a bit of homework and get the list of the cars that participate in the event, so that they won't give out wrong informations to the crowd... Pink RX7 from Thai? Please la... that car is a 200sx/180sx Nissan la. Oh... also the crowd favorite, the old skool 120y datsun with supra engine.... errr... which supra is that?? 1jz? 2jz? 1g?

Another thing that was missing, how did the calculate the timing? is it just lap times? or including reaction time? From the big screen, i can see the cars are like easing off on the start line and WOT on 2nd... 3rd... the rest of the gears. Suddenly, 9.077sec? is it really? Also, the times should've been displayed so that the crowd will know it. That nite, nobody knows anything until the DJ announced the times, and that was towards the end of the race. I wonder if there's anybody watching how the timing was done because for all the prize money given out, it should've been audited... i mean the timing. :D hehehehe

I don't mind the loud music, eventhough they should've mix it up a bit instead of just playing technos only, but please get the facts straight. Ok la, it's an event sactioned by AAM and FIA but i never knew FIA did anything for drag racing... someone please enlighthen me. I thought drag racing rules were always sanctioned by IDRC, International Drag Racing Committee. i think IDRC is a part of FIA but correct me if i'm wrong.

Personally, i feel that the event wasn't a success that it should be. It was all good until the implementation. BTW, please accept my sincere apology if I rubbed u guys the wrong way with these comments. Congrats to the organizers and those involved in making this event. There are certainly some rooms that need improvements.

It's just that for an event that's sponsored by some big name companies, it's nothing short of just another Drag race. The "after event" event that took place outside sepang was quite interesting until the blue lights started to flashed. hehehe...

:D

chew118

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
nismo yeah my mistake.. just remember the nos tank i saw was in the red wira.. the steve mah car ... i hope i get his name right

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
Originally posted by chew118@Oct 18 2004, 01:31
nismo yeah my mistake.. just remember the nos tank i saw was in the red wira.. the steve mah car ... i hope i get his name right
yeah he uses nos
didnt get to finish the race though....
i think his valve gone...

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
was fun nite..things were good..
kinda happy manage to do low 11's on my front wheel drive satria..
:)

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
guys,

we were there for the whole night since 5pm to help up the pink 180sx and we din bring any car to the race...can;t really make it this time..
team Nitto (the pink car), was built and developed since about 16months ago when i got to see thier chasis at first, they even have another r32 chasis building up..
a lil' info about the car,

chasis: full space frame with fibre body
engine: RB26 with full stock bottom, ported head, Nitto custom made cams, T88-34D turbine, and some other bits

Tranny: stock standard RB26 gear box with ATTESSA working
Rear axle: from Isuzu 6 wheel truck
ECU: Apex'i PowerFC

the engine was dyno'ed to have about 480hp on all wheel, with around 1000kg chasis...the suspension setup of the car was superb..
the car will be back here again during the december BFGoodrich drag event...

SpeedD din bring them down...they were brought down by thai ppl together with their very famous MoTeC tuner Mr Don in cooperation with ST-power as he is the tuner for them...

oGGy

Nov 17, 2003
:o :o a 9 sec car actually runnin on stock bottom and apexi power fc? this is crazy.

anyways, congrats to vteckiller a.k.a joshua for doing low 11's.he won aganist the apollo cefiro. :P :P :P

MRMIC2

1,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2004
Originally posted by DRiftAGster@Oct 17 2004, 12:26
chew, the pink 180 sx is powered by RB26, not v8 la, it is a complete Skyline GTR (with 4 wheel attessa) on a 180sx tube frame chasis.

the pink 180 sx lost in the final bcos he missed his 3rd gear, he was leading by about 3 car's distance when they reach the 200m point - the launching was superb, you can see the car leading the evo all the way from starting line until when he missed his 3rd gear, then the evo catch up and won.....
Hehe...u guys missed the start line where the 180SX does wheelies at launch there.....Chun man!

MRMIC2

1,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2004
Originally posted by topui11@Oct 17 2004, 23:01

It's just that for an event that's sponsored by some big name companies, it's nothing short of just another Drag race. The "after event" event that took place outside sepang was quite interesting until the blue lights started to flashed. hehehe...

:D
When I left I saw the 'blue lights' waja stopping at the road side.
Looks like overheated after chasing all those naughty-boys...hehe :P :D

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
I think they stopped those mat rempit lah. Saw one of the them by the roadside with his buddies waiting at the roundabout,

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mazda recently aired the upcoming Skyactiv technology that would be debut in their upcoming Mazda car line-up. The commercial showcases the upcoming all new 4 Cylinder Engines, New Chassis Designs and Manufacturing Methods and all new Skyactiv Transmissions. Check out the breath-taking video.

YouTube - ‪Mazda Skyactiv Technology TV Commercial Japan 2011.‬‏
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience