so who is going Super GT this year?

chin2862

Jun 22, 2009
Japan GT just finished... now another one more year to wait ... wait for one year then 3 days pass so fast.... yay....:bawling::bawling:

williamclw

Known Member
Apr 13, 2004
DU
Visit site
kosong cause this year no nearby school kids. they got no free entry. which is gooooddd!!!!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I saw not much car clubs join also. Mall area was quite empty....sad...

Don't know about you guys..I felt that this year's crowds is lesser...I feel that way because when I was on stage getting the Michelin T-shirt and I looked down on the photogs...I was like..Eh..why so less photog compare to last year one....I'm the guy wearing the red Nismo shirt with glasses...hahahaha....

Even at pitwalk....(I saw photog with DSLR...but those using digital cam is more than photog....)

But I was quite angry at the people that keep pushing me from behind even I'm kneeling down to give some space on top of me for other photogs to take pic...why keep pushing!! can't even cross the line bah....and I saw some of those people using Hp to snap pic...snap already then go lo...still stand there no snapping pictures....stand there to look only...(no offence to HP cam users) I mean you go to pit walk is to snap pictures of RQ but if you are not snapping pictures please move out of the crowd and make way for others.

The start of the pit walk was new this time, they separate those with Pitpass and GT club aside then let those with Pitpass and GT club in 1st...

1 thing though, pitwalk this time not much RQs was at the their designated pits even the RQs that came also very less. Anyhow I got freebies I needed and a picture with Chika Tono. I'm very happy already..:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
TitanRev:
I can't even remember their name haha! I like one of them but later only show u the photos. Chika Tono? The one that I snap for you? I don't see it in my camera leh bro...:biggrin:

Anyway, It was fun and great event but can see a lot of ppl taking advantage by holding on to the GT Girls waist during photoshoot. Some even lower than the waist man...:banghead:

There was a few who kena from the GT models. Told them that they can't touch or some can see from their expression like really pissed off by pushing off their hands (softly la). By right can't touch them lo. They are just here as models.

Some of u there might not notice, I did noticed that the model actually push his hands away. Then he just stood they without touching them for photoshoot.

williamclw

Known Member
Apr 13, 2004
DU
Visit site
this year not much RQ, i got almost all their signatures except for mach gogogo and mutiara M7

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Wah...william you are geng....

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
This year not many ppl went because of a few reasons:

1) World Cup Fever overshadowed any SuperGT roadshow/promotions
2) I heard this year the job to promote SuperGT was given to somebody else and u can see the result for yourself
3) Price went up.
4) No more discount unlike previous years for early birds

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
InitialD, but i can see cut cost here and there....pitpass this time is paper printed and laminated...not like last time....there's no early bird tickets but the price went down from normal price of MYR150 to MYR100...

Roadshow is not much this time...

ipohboy

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
Early bird tickets got lerr. RM85 for MGS. It was 6 weeks before the event.

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
This year not many ppl went because of a few reasons:

1) World Cup Fever overshadowed any SuperGT roadshow/promotions
2) I heard this year the job to promote SuperGT was given to somebody else and u can see the result for yourself
3) Price went up.
4) No more discount unlike previous years for early birds
Hi Initial D,

Agree with point 1 and maybe 3 and 4.

But the no went down mainly due to lack of promotion, and that is not because it was hand to others.

The only thing handed out is the corporate suite sales, which was filled up with 350 guest from car clubs and corporation.

I know this because we manage the corporate suite sales, while SIC manage their usual thingy..

In any case, hope to continue have your support for it next year and onwards!

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Every year Autovention handles the promotions and roadshow. This year due to budget cuts they were NOT given the task to do so, instead JPM was given the task to handle this. They were quite strict. Even me, who has WORKED FOR FREE .. for 2 years handling and arranging cars for this said event, when i asked for a place to display my ride and to participate in the parade .. they told me to refer to JPM and even that, JPM says not fair to let me go in as the rule of purchasing a corporate suite ticket applies.. RM800+ per ticket. Fair? i've worked 2 years for free.. and i was told NO.. where's the fairness?

No car clubs? yep.. none.. why? must buy tickets mah.... so those who can afford the 800-900 tickets park there lo... u see Lotus, Z4s and a few other conti makes...yep.. hurray to SUPER GT spirit..

I am not saying JPM did not do a good job but based on what people are highlighting here, it's a far cry from the word success.

Dennis: trust me, it has got nothing to do with World Cup. There are 2 types of men, first, they like to see 22 sweaty men chasing after a ball.. then there are those who like to see 11 gals with sweaty 22 balls...

-------

I heard next year, the no. of gals will decrease and perhaps will not be any RQs at all. How far true? i dont know but one thing's for sure.. chicks and cars goes hand in hand.. If it's just a bunch of oiled up sweaty men with cars and tools.. it's just plain gay.

For those organizers or 'bosses' who thinks IT'S EITHER MY RULES OR NOTHING... well, consumers always has a choice...

----

As for photographers, I heard from certain groups of 'journalists' that it was monopolized by ONE group of media while the rest of the publishing house only gets to have 1 photographer inside. Yep, all of them have to send flash gordon in.. they run faster than the super gt cars .. can cover every corner of the shots with just 1 fella... right... How true? i oso donno la.. i heard only... at least 1 is better than some... who cant even get passes or told if u cant afford, fuck off...

----

Last edited:

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
Hi Blackhowing,

Hi there, I am from JPM fyi. From the post, I think there are some misunderstanding so I would like to clear the air.

First, YES the mall area and corporate suite area is for our guest to place their cars. It was part of the package Sepang sold to us.

Second, even so we have told our guest until they drive a sports car or a performance car they cant place their cars there. Therefore even though with we have 350 guest, quite a few of them walk in instead of placing their cars there.

Thirdly, it is also true that most cars are conti makes. Then again, you have to clarify WHAT conti makes, they are LAMBORGHINIS, FERRARIS, PORSCHES, ASTON MARTIN to name a few. They are as you would know, car types that compete in Super GT too therefore there are some linkage to it. Another reason they are there is also for the spectators to take photographs with them. As they are not exactly the most common cars around.

Forth point is, FYI this promotion thingy that we HELP Sepang with was given to us 3 weeks before the event. Therefore, we insist our role is on Corporate Suite only. Roadshows and sort, we VOLUNTEER to help. As Sepang also drop it from their promotion due to lack to resources.

Fifth point, I dont believe we have got any calls or contact from you. Should you have done so and we did not response to it, I apologize on behalf of my staff and JPM. Honestly, if I have heard it I believe we would work out the situation. In any case, maybe you should PM me your contact and seeing that we at JPM got quite some events coming up there might be chances to work together.

Last point, I agree with you in terms of spectators at Grandstand is not a success. It is due to many reasons and not only world cup. But as I mention in forth point, our role is Corporate Suite, and based on the attendance and limited time frame I believe it is a reasonable success for us (JPM) but of course, not entirely true for Super GT.

Sorry for being long in reply. Just drop me a PM. We will discuss about it.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ermm...from what I heard previously there were more booths set up and more stuffs are for sale last year. Is my 1st time to Super GT 2010 this year and I indeed looking forward for next year's Super GT 2010. Hope it will be much better than this year's 2010 Super GT.

I went there but I couldn't find much merchandise for sale. I mean in terms of varieties and brands. As for GT Girls, is consider moderate to me. Food wise, satisfactory but hope to see more good food next year hehe!

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
Hi supra fanatic,

Yup I think aside from the standard of racing, professionalism of the GT team and of course corporate suite pax.. Everything else decline in numbers this year.

Of course, if you are keen on the Races. I believe it is still value for money as no where else in the world u can look at this caliber of racing at such low cost.

Personally, even looking at the honda hsv itself is a good return. The car looks great

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,
I need some recommendations on workshop that are able to do out of normal engine transplant with good workmanship and reasonable price, around Selangor or Melaka.

Im thinking to change my Kia Carens year 2002 engine to Mitsubishi GSR auto engine and another one is to put a supercharger for my Kia Spectra 5 year 2009 ( small one just to help the car to push a bit faster only, not aiming at any high HP).

Hope Sifus here can point me out the right direction. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience