SNF Round 5 Experience Report from me.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
The Federal FZ201 in my point of view is awsome when properly inflated to about (28-30psi) when hot. So during the 1st lap the tyres seems to be unpredictable. Unlike Toyo R888 it performs when it's cold and start to loose grip when it's too hot. I suppose the tyre choice for SNF would be better used with R888 because of the short 5 laps (half-track).

For those that is curious about my Wira handling mods... I have done the following to improve the handling.

1. Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar, Fr & Rr Lower Arm Bars, Rear 3 Point Bar, 16mm Rear Anti Roll Bar and Fender Bar.
2. 6 Point Roll Cage.
3. ZerOne Fully Adjustable Coilovers with 10kg Springs (Fr) and 8kg Springs (Rr)
4. Pedders bushings for rear adjustable camber kit & steering rack bush.

As seen on many racing videos, handling improvements will usually yield faster lap times compared to a more powerful car with less handling/braking capabilities.

James, as for me I can't start brake at 100m due to my speed at KL straight of 215km/h... LOL! I have to lift off at 200m and start braking at 150m. I am trying to lift off at 150m and brake at the same time and see if I could improve the lap time a little.. but still it's too scary for me to try.. hahaha.

Last edited:

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
HKS, I think if you are talking about racing lines, I guess I've got that covered. But in events like SNF, best racing lines is no longer the decisive factor in winning. Because mostly everyone either is in a defending line or attacking line especially those positioned in the first 3. Utilizing best racing lines is for time attack events.

I am using the Federal FZ201 semi slicks at the moment for SNF. I cannot lighten the car further otherwise I won't be qualified for the category I am in. Furthermore, my car is used daily as well. So making it street un-friendly is out of the picture.
OK boss... Owh btw, you fitted your wira with roll cage & it's a daily drive?! Wow. Never kena tahan before arr?! Btw any review for the FZ202 vs FZ201...?! Was thinking of replacing my T1R with those...

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
FZ201 have hard sidewalls compared to Toyo R888...FZ202 not much review as never seen much ppl using them..

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
FZ201 is only suitable for track/circuit use. Threadwear 60 only... very fast become botak. hehehe.

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
tyre botak nvm..the wallet botak lagi teruk..

ftzone: joining next round SNF?

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
next round sept i'll skip.. i'll come back angry in November...

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I think my Archiles is 100. But car still in workshop with engine out for a rebuild. Will probably take another 2 weeks. And then I need to run in the car.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
HKS, I think if you are talking about racing lines, I guess I've got that covered. But in events like SNF, best racing lines is no longer the decisive factor in winning. Because mostly everyone either is in a defending line or attacking line especially those positioned in the first 3. Utilizing best racing lines is for time attack events.
replied like a true racer. bravo

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
faisal,

you are flattering me ler.. me where got true racer la.. just play play only.. syok sendiri nia.. if true racer surely stand on podium d..

when is the next RCA trackday? any in Sept or Oct? let me know.. some of my friends really need to satisfy their heavy foot addiction.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, Repsol and Pennzoil Carnival sales on from 25th to 28th November 2015.

If you need engine oil, see can get something cheap from there....

https://www.facebook.com/events/151...gular&feed_story_type=263&action_history=null

Just sharing with members.......:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience