Nov 18, 2008
Shah Alam
bit.ly
its not a GT-R, its a GTS with RB26DETT

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, eye witness mentioned the car zip pass his....:smokin:

Slightly fast in nothing compared to going all out like when TTA time....:driver:

Yup, public road surface and race track totally different......:rolleyes:
Ya, sometimes those uneven road give me a scare during corners...bump steer....:afraid:

I thought is BCNR33 because he is using TOMEI RB26DETT if I am not mistaken. I guess I was wrong then...
Ya is not a BCNR33.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
still, 4 person at the rear seat is still a squeeze....and 2 at the front.
Possibly case of overload? Regardless of high hp car, overloading still can upset the handling of a car. Much worst if the road condition/weather/visibility isn't favourable.

JPJ typically categorise a sedan (4 door type) as 5 seater passenger cars.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I won't make assumptions like that, would look bad on the deceased if people start jumping to conclusions.

What I can say, for sure, he exceeded the legal speed limit. Impossible for the car to be crumpled up that bad.
Not jumping to conclusion, just pointing out some other possible cause. Surely he drove way too fast for the car, for him to handle, and/or for the road condition, which means it was reckless driving. Why so? Can just be underestimating the road condition, overestimating his skill and car capability, or DUI, or maybe some other causes. Unfortunately we may never really know. If he's always clean and doesn't drink then surely DUI will not be the case then.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Not jumping to conclusion, just pointing out some other possible cause. Surely he drove way too fast for the car, for him to handle, and/or for the road condition, which means it was reckless driving. Why so? Can just be underestimating the road condition, overestimating his skill and car capability, or DUI, or maybe some other causes. Unfortunately we may never really know. If he's always clean and doesn't drink then surely DUI will not be the case then.
And I don't disagree with you. Just that I feel assuming DUI would paint the driver in a very bad light. Considering he is deceased.

It could have been so many possibilities.

Another car could have swiped the Skyline
The Skyline might have tried to avoid another car/object
There was oil on the road
Something was wrong with the car
etc. etc. etc.

I think the important take away note for everybody here is that, regardless how good a driver you are, public streets is not a race track, there are no race marshals, the tarmac may have debris, there are other cars on the road with noob drivers etc.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Too much of initial D can be bad at times...especially for genting. :hmmmm:
Still agree track race is much better than risking it on the street.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Too much of initial D can be bad at times...especially for genting. :hmmmm:
Still agree track race is much better than risking it on the street.
You gotta tell that to pot and his gang of friends. Remember the recent video about genting uphill? And that powerful Satria GTi as well...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You gotta tell that to pot and his gang of friends. Remember the recent video about genting uphill? And that powerful Satria GTi as well...
Pot went missing for quite some time now and he has split personality. One minute you see him bashing other cars for driving like idiots up genting and one minute you see him supporting such drive up genting is good just because they are using Evolutions.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Pot went missing for quite some time now and he has split personality. One minute you see him bashing other cars for driving like idiots up genting and one minute you see him supporting such drive up genting is good just because they are using Evolutions.
Whenever there is Evolution, a WRX STI is needed to counter it. Any WRX STI owners at here to teach pot and the gang to drive properly? :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That Satria GTi already teach them to drive properly LOL! :laugh:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That Satria GTi already teach them to drive properly LOL! :laugh:
That Satria is part of their gang. I mean teach them to drive properly in a sense that they should not drive recklessly on public roads but really smoke them inside track. :rofl: