Skyline History 101 #1

.S K A G E E.

Mar 12, 2004
Its been used since the second GTR in Nissan's line up , the KPGC110 and still being used till today; the famous GTR emblem has not changed much for the last 30 over years. However, during its initial introduction , another car manufacturer had also lanched its car with a logo quiet similar to the GTR's.Though the acronym may be a bit different but they looked remarkably similar ,even down to the color scheme. As I'm unfamiliar with the other car manufacturer , I can't tell for certain who had copy whom...

Any guesses what manufacturer and what car am I talking about??

MrNismo

Hmmmm.... let's see... we have:

1) Toyota Celica GTR (or izit GT4?)
2) Mazda Familia GTR
3) BMW GTR (can anyone confirm this?)
4) Iswara GTR
5) Perdana GTR
6) Wira GTR
7) Kancil GTR
8) .... (add on)

Supremus

Merchandise
Feb 19, 2004
I have personally seen the 'GTR' emblem on:

1. Proton Satria GTi - USJ 2, Subang Jaya
2. Impul March - SS 15, Subang Jaya

DarkChild

Badge or Logo, dunno ler .S.K.A.G.E.E. ...but alot of cars have GTR editions....

Maclaren GTR

Lamborghini Diablo GTR

BMW M3 GTR

Mercedes AMG CLK-GTR

Carrera GTR

Ultima GTR

Mustang GTR

MAZDA FAMILIA / 323 GT-R

and a whole lot more.... :lol:

Jebu

wuaaarrrghhhhh....
the mustang looks fierce!!

B) B)

.S K A G E E.

Mar 12, 2004
Hi Guys, I not refering to the acronym 'GTR' as a lot of other car manufacturers do use it for their 'souped up' models. What I'm saying is the actual emblem we see on our GTRs..as I have said ;the acronym is slightly different but the color, letter placements and overall design is really similar.Ie: it doesn't say GTR but looks almost exactly like a GTR emblem.

Darkchild: Nice pics :). Is the porshce carrera GTR a flat nose version or is it a non 911?

.S K A G E E.

Mar 12, 2004
Aw..come on guys..no takers?.. alright, maybe a little insentive ; whoever gets the right answer will get a free lesson from supremeous on how to do a no handed bunny hop!

hint #2: The car in question still exist bearing the same acronym ( with a different emblem) and could be seen on Malaysian roads in some form or rather

Jebu

Ford Focus - GTR ??

dunno la ... come on.. tell la :P :P

Supremus

Merchandise
Feb 19, 2004
The day will come when i have broken jaw, fractured my ribs, sprained my limbs an lose my mind attempting the infamous NO HANDED BUNNY HOP.

Thats the day SKAGEE will show sympathy...

Thats the day he will tell us

Victim of a NO HANDED BUNNY HOP.

Jebu

dats sum farnee sheet bro

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

space_cowboy

Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
SKAGEE..

I'm not sure which car is it. then, i find ou and inform you yea...hehehe..let me and #1 do sum searching...

Supremus..

U mean u cant do a No Handed Bunny Hop, i've seen #1 doing it..Hehehehehe...See u dis saturday man...

Lets all search for the car with similiar GT-R...

cheers'

It's hard to describe how the new 5 look. Is it a stunner? Not exactly. It doesn't look particularly thought provoking does it? Much less in photos to be honest. But as I approach the brand new 530i M-Sport for first time in the wild, the visibly larger, more expensive looking physique gave me something else to think about...