Since Alza handles like a boat, some say even worst....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yea for more comfort and better balanced ability, PS4 seems like a good option, i’ve tried it on my previous car before. Another super value for money tire is the eagle F1 asymmetric 3.

I’m probably looking at RE71R since it’s as good as the AD08R in dry and better than it in the wet. Preparing to hit Sepang to test out the car next year but preparation is going to take a while.
Best value for money UHP now is Hankook V12E2 and Falken FK510. F1A3 is good but more expensive and might as well just buy PS4 coz better and might be cheaper too coz already made in Thailand as opposed to F1A3 still made in Germany or Europe.

Where to buy RE71R btw? I've seen plenty shops selling AD08R but never seen any selling RE71R (but I haven't really look around for it though)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haha.. serves dual purpose. Son got sporty car to drive and daddy can get to enjoy it too.
Yeah pleasantly surprised that I can enjoy that little car that much. Better than buying some junk car that none of us like just for the sake of learning, so might as well buy something that we both may like.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yea for more comfort and better balanced ability, PS4 seems like a good option, i’ve tried it on my previous car before. Another super value for money tire is the eagle F1 asymmetric 3.

I’m probably looking at RE71R since it’s as good as the AD08R in dry and better than it in the wet. Preparing to hit Sepang to test out the car next year but preparation is going to take a while.
RE-71R have less thread pattern then AD-08R, in tire rack review marginally loose out to AD-08R in wet but best in the dry due to plenty rubber contact. Wet seems RE-11 is best, but then more grooves less rubber, in dry loose to RE-71R, but all are marginal only....

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Best value for money UHP now is Hankook V12E2 and Falken FK510. F1A3 is good but more expensive and might as well just buy PS4 coz better and might be cheaper too coz already made in Thailand as opposed to F1A3 still made in Germany or Europe.

Where to buy RE71R btw? I've seen plenty shops selling AD08R but never seen any selling RE71R (but I haven't really look around for it though)
Haven't gone around asking but i have a friend on this tire, will have to ask him about it.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Yeah pleasantly surprised that I can enjoy that little car that much. Better than buying some junk car that none of us like just for the sake of learning, so might as well buy something that we both may like.
Yea, better buy something enjoyable than waste money on a eyesore sitting in your parking lot. The ZC31S is a well balance car that is fun and relatively easy to drive/push. I wouldn't mind taking one up for a weekend spin to genting or cameron highland. Speaking of it, i am driving up to genting tmr :biggrin:

Haven't gone around asking but i have a friend on this tire, will have to ask him about it.
yea, i would have guess its marginal since both are probably highest performance summer street tires. My current ones are AD08, lacking of some grooves of the AD08R which helps to cut water better. Changing to wider tires will also increase chances of hydro planning during wet.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Do share with us here once you got info on where and how much the price range is.

Yea, better buy something enjoyable than waste money on a eyesore sitting in your parking lot. The ZC31S is a well balance car that is fun and relatively easy to drive/push. I wouldn't mind taking one up for a weekend spin to genting or cameron highland. Speaking of it, i am driving up to genting tmr :biggrin:
Yeah planning to try it out to Genting also sometime later, should be fun! :biggrin:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Do share with us here once you got info on where and how much the price range is.

Yeah planning to try it out to Genting also sometime later, should be fun! :biggrin:
Yea sure, will share once I have more details.

By the way, what colour is your ZC31S? Any pics you posted on this forum for us to see? :biggrin:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
It's pearl white. I've posted some photos in the Discussion For Daily Ride topic.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/forums/index.php?threads/discussion-on-your-daily-ride.466685/page-9
Nice white car! Enjoyed reading your review on the car as well. :driver:

Anyway I was finally at genting last night after over 5 hours drive from JB. The traffic wasn’t the smoothest since it’s a Saturday especially the portion where I have to drive pass part of KL before hitting the Ipoh highway to reach genting.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
The fog was nasty last night, had to drive really slowly. Visibility was as Low as 5m for some stretch, saw a myvi went into the gutter and it had to be towed

The fog from my hotel room this morning...

E99B67B6-DDFA-4BE5-8CAE-B9DA736B2D4D.jpeg

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nice white car! Enjoyed reading your review on the car as well. :driver:

Anyway I was finally at genting last night after over 5 hours drive from JB. The traffic wasn’t the smoothest since it’s a Saturday especially the portion where I have to drive pass part of KL before hitting the Ipoh highway to reach genting.
Yeah initially I was thinking to get yellow coz more stand out and specific Sport color but then after getting this pearl white we like it more now than the yellow coz easier to match with rims, suits the current sporty trend of white//black/red combo, and perfectly match with the red & black interior. Anyway this car is so rare now that buyers cannot be too choosy anymore with colors and we're lucky we got this pearl white instead of yellow.

Hope you enjoy your drive and your stay there. Don't gamble too much though. :biggrin:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Yeah initially I was thinking to get yellow coz more stand out and specific Sport color but then after getting this pearl white we like it more now than the yellow coz easier to match with rims, suits the current sporty trend of white//black/red combo, and perfectly match with the red & black interior. Anyway this car is so rare now that buyers cannot be too choosy anymore with colors and we're lucky we got this pearl white instead of yellow.

Hope you enjoy your drive and your stay there. Don't gamble too much though. :biggrin:
Both the yellow and white looks great on the SSS. Well... when buying for a used car, can’t be too choosy since it’s more important the condition of the car is good than the colour.

Yea just stayed a night. In KL for next 2 days then back. Not a fan of gambling, just up there for the drive and cool weather.:driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Both the yellow and white looks great on the SSS. Well... when buying for a used car, can’t be too choosy since it’s more important the condition of the car is good than the colour.

Yea just stayed a night. In KL for next 2 days then back. Not a fan of gambling, just up there for the drive and cool weather.:driver:
Yah! saw a yellow one before, very nice.

But is rainy season. Hope you get to enjoy and not too much rain....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
@Izso

Sometimes I feel you are overly harsh on poor little Perodua. Not everybody got money to buy cars to park in the workshop. Most of us need the car to bring us from point A to point B.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, i need some advise with "this problem"

I drive a proton satria 1.6 (m), my power steering belt comes out of the pulley and tears a little. So I

changed the power steering pump last year. Today morning the same problem paid a visit again. CAN

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY POWER STEERING PUMP AND WHY IT MAKES

THE BELT RUN OUT OF THE PULLEY. I need the help, thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience