Simple Exhaust Question

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Guys a question for to ponder, what if your japanese exhaust system mid box died on you and needs to be refibered? The exhaust already has a bullet but will it be sufficient to silent the noise? What would your choices be?

A) Refiber the midbox
B) Buy a brand new taiwan/local midbox
C) Forget about the midbox and replace it with piping

Last edited:

alan_ee90

Known Member
Oct 4, 2009
cheras
hello bro, u need performance or need silence?
if can but 1 set 2nd performance exhaust, some branded is silence, but still can get the performance.... i will not advice to do the 3 selection......

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Oops Alan edited my posting already, its a 2nd hand performance exhaust. The exhaust comes with a mid box and bullet so actually quite quiet.

alan_ee90

Known Member
Oct 4, 2009
cheras
bcs the mid box is work as a silencer, so if u sure ur muffler is reallt quiet, then u can try replace with piping, sure u can get more performance, but, no matter how silence b4, now sure will loud a bit....

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
I will choose "C", because I want performance. I will choose "B" because I love to silence. I will choose "A" because it cheap, but won't long lasting too... LOL

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
I will choose "C", because I want performance. I will choose "B" because I love to silence. I will choose "A" because it cheap, but won't long lasting too... LOL
yeap...mid-box not that expensive as well.. not worth to refiber in my opinion... :)

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Guys a question for to ponder, what if your japanese exhaust system mid box died on you and needs to be refibered? The exhaust already has a bullet but will it be sufficient to silent the noise? What would your choices be?

A) Refiber the midbox
B) Buy a brand new taiwan/local midbox
C) Forget about the midbox and replace it with piping
...If you got a hard to find exhaust system that is....

at least that's my option if my current midbox died on me :banghead:...

but do it at place that reputable such as JFA etc...

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
How much does JFA usually charge to refiber? How about rear s-flow muffler?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
How much does JFA usually charge to refiber? How about rear s-flow muffler?
not sure... i've seen it done though at JFA.... dare not to ask price...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Want to be among the first to own the Toyota 86? Well, better put down your orders down now as the bookings for the Subaru BRZ’s twin is now open! According to the indicative on-the-road price released by UWM Toyota Motor, the 2.0l FR machine’s price will be at RM 243,000 for the manual transmission, and an extra RM 6,000 if one fancies the automatic. But there’s no further word yet on whether there are any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience