frycrack

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi all

sorry to disturb u,
i plan to buy silvia s15 or celica gen7

but still not sure yet..
can all of you let me know the best of silvia s15 compare to celica?
fule..
style (ofcourse silvia)
maintenance..
spare..

etc....

thanks..
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
silvia
- rear wheel drive = fun, fun, fun!
- 2 litre turbo engine made out of metals found on planet zoltan - easily jumps to 300hp from the base 250hp with just bolt ons
- spare parts can be found almost anywhere, from the depths of klang, to the high rise areas of ampang - chassis is popular so aftermarket support is immense
- bodywork - its a damn sexy car you can't deny that, an immediate lady killer cause the car's face is prettier than her's

celica
- front wheel drive = boring just like every other daily pusher, no drift, no homer simpson favourite donuts
- 1.8 naturally aspirated engine made out of peanut shells and a block of cheese - dull and lifeless, your grandmother snores louder than that
- spare parts also easily procured, but specific upgrade parts are harder to find as compared to the silvia
- bodywork - you either hate it or love it. Some say it looks like a missile, some say it looks like a jagged edged penis

Judging by a verbal survey with most common car lovers, the last gen celica is one of the most looked down upon cars that toyota ever gave birth to because they completely bastardized the celica name with this incarnation. The older celicas had four-wheel drive variants with forced fed engines, and were rally bred cars. The last version of the celica was produced as a 'everyday people's sporty car', which cements its reputation as the 'pussiest' version of all (sorry to all who own it, but seriously i can't understand you bought that car)

Out of the 2, get a REAL sports car with a REAL engine. Get a Silvia.

or face being called pussy. :smokin:

Last edited:

jim260184

1,000 RPM
Jul 19, 2005
Seremban
www.meshio.com
yeap. u do own a FF NA car.. . Potential pumping out 190hp also on ur 1.6cc.. Y u need 2 FF NA car??
Just bought a FR charged car n enjoy the pleasure of it la...

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
are all silvia s15 turbocharged? sometimes i see a white silvia around my taman but it is NA, so just wondering what is the difference in spec? does the 2.0l NA have at least 200hp?? the new civic type r having just a 2.0l powerplant is pushing 240hp. Was wondering if the NA silvia can rival that.

frycrack

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
u all burn me out....
silvia 90% already..
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

oh man..
i know that already ... but just wanna get info before buy it..
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
good good......

the darkside tempts this one.......

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

are all silvia s15 turbocharged? sometimes i see a white silvia around my taman but it is NA, so just wondering what is the difference in spec? does the 2.0l NA have at least 200hp?? the new civic type r having just a 2.0l powerplant is pushing 240hp. Was wondering if the NA silvia can rival that.
There is the spec-R which is turbocharged and the spec-S which is NA.
The spec-R is more common due to obvious reasons. The spec-R also has extra chassis strengthening done.

The NA silvia can only rival the civic if there are mods done. Base hp is 165hp only stock for the NA version.

There is a convertible variant too called the 'varietta' which is based on the spec-S variant
Please don't buy an automatic cause u might as well kill yourself if u drive and automatic silvia.

Silvia's are tailhappy cars. Just with a little bit of pushing, the car turns sideways easily. Don't drive when you are drunk or on meds. :rofl:

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
...get a REAL sports car with a REAL engine...
hahahahaha...word! it cant get anymore real than an sr20...good for daily duties as well as the occasional spirited driving.

the new celica is pretty much a hairdressers car. all show no go. hahaha

frycrack: why s15 tho? get a 180 and join the dark side with me :biggrin:

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
what is celica compare to silvia...celica wouldnt even come into my mind...

frycrack

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
ok i dump out that celica...
bai bai..
but what about the skyline gtt 2.5 neo engine?
silvia s15 vs skyline gtt?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

some one racun me for gtt...musle car also..:confused::confused::confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i m driving a waja 4g18 (M) 2004 end with minor mods. my version does not have abs and airbags.

currently i want to see if it is possible to retro-fit ABS into my waja. anyone done it before? any realiable service centers?? rouhly howmuch will it cost?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience