Silvia S15 a nice car to drive?

rogz

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
Need some advice from Silvia owners about S15 handling and comfort for driving because i heard there are Silvia owners that claim Silvia is not a nice car to drive . Easy to lose control on wet roads , very dangerous car to own . Pls Any Silvia owner or car Sifu can advice me about this car . Thanks

rogz

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
Thanks bro ... i am a good driving citizen so i think it should be ok

LizTina

Known Member
Nov 17, 2006
S15 is easier to "buang" than other cars if you make mistakes,or if the performance has been modified.

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
Need some advice from Silvia owners about S15 handling and comfort for driving because i heard there are Silvia owners that claim Silvia is not a nice car to drive . Easy to lose control on wet roads , very dangerous car to own . Pls Any Silvia owner or car Sifu can advice me about this car . Thanks

as a long time owner of an S15, I would beg to differ and go on to say that the car is one of the sweetest handling FR machines around.

owners who say it's not a nice car to drive, need to learn how to drive 1st ;)

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
sorry could be a bit of a off topic....

S15 are sweet sleek FRs.....just been wondering....how's the maintenance like?
izzit pricey to own and maintain one?...say for daily use?

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i've driven a couple of FR cars before and im driving 2 now

to tell u guys the truth, S15 is the easiest to handle ... but be a bit careful on wet road if u've modded it

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
S15 to me is a nice and easy driving car. Handling wise, well, is depend on how you judge it good or no good, To me the handling is good , but i will partially agree that during the wet, things are a bit off-hands. For starter, you wouldn't want to go full throttle when overtake car in wet condition, that might make u end up in tiang, dinding, or lorry backside, You seriously don't want to do a big sudden turn on your steering unless, you try to do sideways. Then on normal brake system, you would just want to allow yourself a bigger gap between your car and the front car cause the braking power is a bit less in raining condition. Other than that, when is on dry surfaces road, it is just a superb car to play with...

Maintenance is slightly higher than a normal car, let's say a protong. First, the engine oil that you would use will need to be better, the cheapest but good engine oil will cost between Rm 230 to Rm 250. But if you use a fully synthetic oil on a proton it will also cost around RM 160 (I guess only) . Saying so, you would have to change the oil for a turbo car at the max of 7000km where else a protong can be done at 11000km . ( P/s One could also changes the oil for S15 at 10000km but is seriuosly not recommended)
Engine oil filter cost alsmost the same, gear oil around there , brake fluids, you can use normal brake fluids as use in protong (but again seriously not recommended) so is about the same. The only additional oil that one need to pay is the LSD oil that I don't think a Protong FF car got.. Spark plug, the stock standard are using No 6. plug and it can last the same as in protong car .What else......I think that's it. So the major price different to own a S15 and a Protong is (A) the engine oil (B) the LSD oil

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
sounds cool....thanks for the tip guys...really appreciate the quick response

honestly my 1st ride was a FR, though nothing fancy...i drove it thru my high school, college and early working years.....hence, i fully agree on being careful on wet track...just hasn't tried a turbo FR b4...FF yes, currently on one..

so the engine oil, how many liters does it need to fill that SR20 motor?
besides that?....does it run timing chain or belt? LSD oil....how much does it cost usually?...Kaaz?

lastly, any known problems or production faults on the S15 especially the spec R?

thanks in advance..

rogz

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
I have already booked one ... so just wan to know how the car in term of handling and control .. maybe i wont take it sideways for the first year .. sayang mahhh .. kumpul money so long now only can buy ..keke

thanks to all the sifus

speedydemonz

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
S15 no doubt is a great car but neva made it big time compared to cars in its categories...not till drift came into trend...u cant really set-up the car properly if u dun have d funds to adjust ur suspension settings on the rear shocks strokes & front dampings trying not to get the car to oversteer when u accel...but one thing i luv abt the SR20s are their ability to withstand boost & high revs...gotta give dat a 9 star scoring...

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
^^ Not sure what you're on about on that one but if s15s aint big in its categories, what is?

s15s can be widely adjusted to grip or drift. You just need the right settings. Then again, with so much power to the rears, ANY FR cars will oversteer.

And no SR20s dont like revs. Unless u want to break a few rocker arms.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Before the hype surrounding Gran Turismo 5 has even began to fade, its arch-nemisis, Forza, has released the trailer for Forza 4 that will find its way to all X-Box consoles next year.

While it took six years for GT5 to come about following the last version, Forza has really stepped on the gas pedal to bring us the fourth instalment in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience