silvertop timing belt kit complete set

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
besides that, during u all changes timing belt. did the spare part available for the part like timing belt tensioner pully,oil seal etc for the silvertop engine?
well it depends on your luck actually...some shop sell kits (include all the item needed for the job)...some sell loose part (you have to purchase item per item)...some require you bring them sample (particularly if buying oil seals and bearings)...just ask around and dont forget...insist on original item and keep the receipt just in case and for future reference...happy shopping... :burnout:

ps://i'll ask the shop near my place whether they got st timing belt...going there tomorrow to buy some stuff...

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
update :

just came home from the spare part shop near my place...they say the got it (timing belt) for silver top...but other part like tensioner and stuff i simply forgot to ask...sorry...

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
bro,
new updated, today i tries to survey regard the timing belt kit which include the oil seal, tensional pulley, they quote me the price rm170. but the boss spare part shop told me that silvertop engine have 2 version.
1st version
yrs make silvertop before end of yrs 93 consider used 111 pcs tooth on timing belt
2nd version
after yrs make 93 till 95 consider similar with blacktop timing belt, used 110 pcs tooth on timing belt

after they told me, i really confused and how to identify what version of my currently silvertop engine? do u all any ideal or method to differential this 2 version? for those silvertop users, please share.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
hehehe... i thought you settle this issue already...i ran a search...yes st does come with 2 type of timing belt...

these are the st timing belt part number...

13568‑16030 (06/1991 - 04/1992)
13568‑19035 (05/1992 - 04/1995)

even though the teeth are the same...the part number is different...

13568‑19185 <---bt timing belt part number

just to be safe i suggest that you take out the old one...and copy down the part number written on the belt...better yet...bring it to the spare part shop as a sample...

you can search all the parts here...

http://www.toyodiy.com/

jimmylai3333

Jun 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi all,

i am a new user who using blacktop auto engine.

which shop do you guys can recommend to service engine like changing timing belt , oil seal, water pump and etc ??

do you guys have any idea ekzos pipe should i use ?? 2 inches or 2.25 inches or 2.38 inches??

pls advise ... tqvm ..

from
jimmy

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi jimmy,
for workshop, u may search thro the forum. because already a lot of ppl post. for blacktop auto, better used 2.25 inch as your piping setup. because more commercial and economy and suit for auto.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
hi all,

i am a new user who using blacktop auto engine.

which shop do you guys can recommend to service engine like changing timing belt , oil seal, water pump and etc ??

do you guys have any idea ekzos pipe should i use ?? 2 inches or 2.25 inches or 2.38 inches??

pls advise ... tqvm ..

from
jimmy
i think the stock exhaust is good enough.. since u have an auto transmission.. i think it's 2.25 inch

bigger exhaust tend to push the power band upwards.. so, u'll feel lack of power if in stop & go traffic..

workshop have a lot in klang valley.. which area r u?

:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

if in KL.. HAZ Garage..

u can google it :wink:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to share some pictures of some Extreme Engine Mods....
All from Tom Yam Land....

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience