SIC Track Day

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Dawg, don't use the ABC powder fire extinguisher. You may extinguish the fire but the heat will bond the powder to the engine, so in the end you must replace the engine. I don't know how effective the CO2 gas is with big fires, or how many seconds before the extinguisher runs out. Anyway, the 2kg CO2 tank is very heavy and bulky.

Another extinguisher is a 2kg gas propellant called AF11E fire extinguisher. It's a liquid that when discharged turns into gas so leaves no residue. Search youtube for AF11E to see how it works. I bought my AF11E from Newstar Chemicals Sdn. Bhd.(yellowpages search it yourself) One thing they will advise you is the canister must be upright, or the nozzle will clog or get damaged. This is the same with ABC extinguishers. So I made a bracket to secure it to the same bolts for the strut bar in my boot.

Of course the best is a plumbed in fire extinguishing system from Sparco available from N1 Sunway. It would be RM2000+ but it will discharge in both your passenger cabin and the engine bay.

Bernard,

Checked out YouTube about the AF11E like you said and
it appears to be very good as shown in this video.

*the background music is very annoying though. :stupid:*

YouTube- af11e

Thanks for the info Bernard, I'll go get a few AF11E extinguishers as a precaution. :biggrin:

how much is that AF11E cost? TQ
Bluetaxi,

Newstar Chemicals (M) Sdn Bhd

Business Listing
No. 5, Block A, Jalan SS 13/5, Subang Jaya
47500 Selangor

• <abbr class="type" title="work pref">Tel</abbr>03-5621 2168<abbr></abbr>
Fire Extinguishers | Newstar Chemicals (M) Sdn Bhd (Selangor)

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
Look for Farah 012 6202922. Office: 03 78858577
They moved to 22A, Jalan PJU 3/40, Sunway Damansara, 47810 Kota Damansara.

They have 3 aerosol types size up to 1kg. The 2kg one is like the standard extinguisher which is refillable. I bought that one for RM450. It's very much more expensive than the ABC or CO2. The smallest aerosol one is RM100. Aerosol ones are not refillable.

If you say to Farah that it is expensive, she will ask you how much would a fire damage cost your car/house..... :P

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008
amazing. is the Rm 100 got expired date? sometimes after u put it unused for a long time when the time u needed it, it cant works.. and small aerosol enough to kill the fire on our engine?

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
I can't remember for sure now, but I vaguely remember it's something long like 10 years lifespan. Call Farah up to confirm. Not sure if the smallest aerosol has enough to stop an engine fire. Because sometimes it may be too hot to open the bonnet so you may need to release the bonnet catch and spray through the small opening. Farah told me that the 2kg one is rated by Bomba to be equivalent to the 9kg ABC extinguisher. Why not get at least a 1kg aerosol? For a couple of hundred Ringgit, you're buying peace of mind that you'll not run out of extinguishing gas so soon.

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
DD, no, why not keep your car and drive it daily like a taxi...like me.

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Nick,

Most autoracing fire suppression system are AFFF. You can actually get the 2kg variant from Eversafe and it only cost less than RM200. AFFF is non-corrosive unlike ABC powder and you can clean them off easily.

bart.ahmad

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Good Day everyone. There'll be 2 Open TD this February on the 7th and 21st. Be safe. Usual Time. http://www.sepangcircuit.com/story/sepang-circuits-sepang-circuit-track-days

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Anyone has the update/schedule for March '10 open session? Thanks.

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
I think this month SIC need to up-keep the track for the coming F1 race. so I think there will no hv any track day soon.