SIC Track Day

cataphrax

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
at the end of the day, if they want to increase the track fee, theres nothing much we can do. all we are asking for is that SIC management consider all other options before imposing such a sudden hike in track fees. and also, as someone else pointed out, i think alot of us are interested in knowing whats the justification behind the sudden increase in track fees. just saying 'because maintenance fees have increased' and 'other regional venues are charging way more' is just not going to cut it. there are so many full blown motorsports events (f1, supergt, afos etc.) and also private events (private track days, corporate/media events, private demos etc.) that are scattered across the annual SIC calender and youre telling us you still cant cover your maintenance costs?

all i'm saying is that if youre gonna be imposing such a high entrance fee, patrons would like to see something tangible in return to justify the extra 100. be it providing an additional 1 hour to the existing 3 hours or providing free tire changing machines on site, jack and air guns or even a mobile petrol pump so that some of us don't have to drive all the way out to the petronas station to top up fuel and come back. even the last time around when SIC increased the entrance fee from 150 to 200 they started providing free towing services within the track as opposed to charging for it on a per tow basis right as they used to previously right?

were just trying to find middle ground here.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
if this is the case....then charge the singaporean more....i couldn't care less!!!

.....but charging the singaporean more is not the definate solution right!!!??? akuma if we all united and work together we can take on the SIC!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

but we need a leader...a spokeperson...!!!! who ah???:hmmmm:
Yeah bro Calvin is right...they overcharge malaysians for so many things...entrance fee into their country also bloody expensive(after the 1st 10 times no more free) .... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Spokesperson = Cataphrax

mamba english veli powderful and communication skills veli good also...the SIC ppl sure cant fight back...hahahahha...Dai Loh we support you !! :adore::congrats:

Last edited:

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008
I think they increase the entrance fee is due to many track participant nowsaday.
think about it, if my restaurant food is tasty and good. I increase the price, people will still come because I'm the only 1.
SIC think the same. You cant afford? still many people hand itchy and can afford. monopolize track. they want to earn more. that's all.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
subcon,
well,if u 1na form a group i'm in..but dun look @ me as a spokesperson..i gaduh2 ajer i pandai!hahaha

morpheus,
u haf a very valid point der..sumhow,i too think dat d SIC management is thinking of d same thg...

cataphrax

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
ad_eg,

i'm just a small fry, not spokesperson material :biggrin: . i'm just voicing out the concerns of my friends and i who are avid track kakis. however like a substantial amount of people here, most of us within the group run on a tight budget. as you pointed out, each time we make our 'pilgrimage' to sepang, on top of the track fees, we have to fork out additional cash for:
• alignment, balancing, camber, swapping tires
• regular service and generic check up
• petrol
• toll
• standby towing fees if anything unforeseen happens (not including the guys who tow their track cars to and fro SIC)
i know all the above items incur different costs for each one of us but the total it still comes up to quite a substantial amount regardless of what make or model you drive.

whatever it is we'll have to wait and see what the final verdict is. as bart pointed out, nothing has been made official yet. we are just speculating based on insider information but hopefully all the comments here will be taken into consideration before they make their decision instead of merely falling on deaf ears.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
ad_eg,

i'm just a small fry, not spokesperson material :biggrin: . i'm just voicing out the concerns of my friends and i who are avid track kakis. however like a substantial amount of people here, most of us within the group run on a tight budget. as you pointed out, each time we make our 'pilgrimage' to sepang, on top of the track fees, we have to fork out additional cash for:
• alignment, balancing, camber, swapping tires
• regular service and generic check up
• petrol
• toll
• standby towing fees if anything unforeseen happens (not including the guys who tow their track cars to and fro SIC)
i know all the above items incur different costs for each one of us but the total it still comes up to quite a substantial amount regardless of what make or model you drive.

whatever it is we'll have to wait and see what the final verdict is. as bart pointed out, nothing has been made official yet. we are just speculating based on insider information but hopefully all the comments here will be taken into consideration before they make their decision instead of merely falling on deaf ears.
well said bro.

A lot of us have the passion or the urge to experience racing in the track....its a great experience(although costly) and you can learn so much about your car's characteristics....can improve your driving skills, makes you a safer/better driver .... the biggest + point ,is to fully unleash your cars potential after all that $$$$ and to "lepas gian" without endangering innocent lives on our roads....hopefully one day,when sepang track days are a little bit more affordable...we will come and try....for now pasir gudang is all we got...*they might be closing the track next year for renovations..so i guess we are pretty much F@#$ed la ...*

for me the biggest killer is the tires....this i really find it difficult to cope with when it comes to track.Tires+Track Fee's...That's why usually go play drag ..not so costly :biggrin: ...You small fry ? hahaha...i beg to differ... hehe...Maybe in size...but not in knowledge or experience.

*offtopic* you still chill in kajang?

Last edited:

SnooPDoGGY

1,500 RPM
Mar 23, 2005
TwoForties
Visit site
if this is the case....then charge the singaporean more....i couldn't care less!!!

.....but charging the singaporean more is not the definate solution right!!!??? akuma if we all united and work together we can take on the SIC!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

but we need a leader...a spokeperson...!!!! who ah???:hmmmm:
U la...

coz u no more Subcon...

u r a wealthy main Con now...

so Con la SIC...

miahahahahahhahahahahaha...

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
Q? if SIC up the track fee can the Gov allow to open another low budget track in Selangor area?

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008
why not allow? this is a business ma.. think about it blue taxi. ask ur subaru gang to build 1 so that u can earn money we can play cheaply..

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
Haha... I do hope I hv those spare $$$. May be get some APs 1st... hehehe.

Last edited:

bart.ahmad

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, we can discuss and validate our point here till cows come home but I think it is better if we make use of email address that I've provided earlier to channel out our complaints meaningfully. : [email protected]

Or, write it on the form which is already in this page: Enquiry Form | Sepang Circuit

Among person who'll read it is the CEO himself.

On another note, Sepang Circuit Motorsport Club (SCMC) will be revived next year. Once everything is sorted out we will announce the details. For the time being, what I can say is (if everything goes according to plan), with SCMC, Open TD will have it's fixed dates throughout the year, be more organized and with extra value added services.

Cross finger.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
bart.ahmad,
browsed thru d form....category of enquiry,whc shud i choose 2 enquire abt d hiking of track day fees?

h3id3rn

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
sent mine in through the enquiries form. Let's hope the CEO does really read it. :P It would be great if we have a greater voice that can be heard with more people sending in their thoughts on the price increment and hope that the management of SIC really do hear us or else we will just have to resign to our fate of having to bear additional cost or quitting open track days altogether. Fuel and tyres already had a price hike now open track day also wants price hike apa pun mau naik. sienzzz....