Show us your lancer/evo pics!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Mahal la, rm1500+. Last time got used ones at rm1100, should have bought it.

Anyway I found already a mechanical Defi 52mm from a Swift Club member nearby my house.
mechanical is big and clumsy. I find anything on the A-pillar kinda blocks your view. The other day a full grown woman was hidden by the A-pillar when I was driving and I don't usually miss pretty fully grown women!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
mechanical is big and clumsy. I find anything on the A-pillar kinda blocks your view. The other day a full grown woman was hidden by the A-pillar when I was driving and I don't usually miss pretty fully grown women!
But this defi one I bought seems responsive enough based on the video I saw on the previous owner's car. Size 52mm hopefully not too big, matching my AEM AF meter. I try first on the A pillar, already bought a casing too for 2 meters. The thing is I don't like cables showing up too much and I want neat looking dash so pillar installation seems to be the tidiest way. Another option is to put them with stands on top of the steering column cover angled sideways so won't block the other instrument cluster but not sure if can do with just double tape coz I don't want to drill and screw it.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
But this defi one I bought seems responsive enough based on the video I saw on the previous owner's car. Size 52mm hopefully not too big, matching my AEM AF meter. I try first on the A pillar, already bought a casing too for 2 meters. The thing is I don't like cables showing up too much and I want neat looking dash so pillar installation seems to be the tidiest way. Another option is to put them with stands on top of the steering column cover angled sideways so won't block the other instrument cluster but not sure if can do with just double tape coz I don't want to drill and screw it.
there are 4 ways imo that looks ok
1) flush molded pillar mounts
2) those single din brackets
3) on the steering column (wire kene hide neatly)
4) right on top, on the window below the visor, wiring can all hide (mechanical gauge, susah sikit)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
there are 4 ways imo that looks ok
1) flush molded pillar mounts
2) those single din brackets
3) on the steering column (wire kene hide neatly)
4) right on top, on the window below the visor, wiring can all hide (mechanical gauge, susah sikit)
No.2 I don't consider anymore coz don't want to change to single din audio.

No. 4 is also my consideration, just worry it may fall off.

Btw who wants stock Evo 9 turbo?? Also the stock metal BOV, 560cc injectors, and fuel pump?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
No.2 I don't consider anymore coz don't want to change to single din audio.

No. 4 is also my consideration, just worry it may fall off.

Btw who wants stock Evo 9 turbo?? Also the stock metal BOV, 560cc injectors, and fuel pump?
my friends pasang in pos 4, it will hold, just your tint je maybe kene sacrifice (when u mau cabut, it might pull the tint as well). Your case, mechanical gauge, that vac line has to go all the way up there, come out of the headliner and angle into the gauge... erm duno if viable

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
my friends pasang in pos 4, it will hold, just your tint je maybe kene sacrifice (when u mau cabut, it might pull the tint as well). Your case, mechanical gauge, that vac line has to go all the way up there, come out of the headliner and angle into the gauge... erm duno if viable
Ya that's the thing also, don't want to ruin my tint since it's not cheap ones that I usually use.

Well I try the pillar first. If cannot probably try the steering column.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ya that's the thing also, don't want to ruin my tint since it's not cheap ones that I usually use.

Well I try the pillar first. If cannot probably try the steering column.
Removing from tint do it properly. Instead of yanking out the meter - use dental floss to "saw" it out then just clean up the remaining residue with goo-gone or something. Come come I'm good with removing stuff. Hahahahah

Free? :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Removing from tint do it properly. Instead of yanking out the meter - use dental floss to "saw" it out then just clean up the remaining residue with goo-gone or something. Come come I'm good with removing stuff. Hahahahah

Free? :biggrin:
ur method seems viable :anguished:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, got a weird problem now. The car cannot start, just keep cranking but not on if already left dead for just 10-15 mins. It will only start if got jump start by another battery BUT note that this is actually still a very new battery, less than a month old. I have tried switching with my Mark X battery which is the same age and size and still the same. If after jump start then I off then immediately start it's fine but if I wait for 15 mins then crank, it won't start.

Btw the car now already converted to using MAP sensor and no more MAF. Fuel pump already using Walbro 255 and injectors using Bosch 800cc. Cam using Greddy 264, EGR taken off, and BOV now vent to atmosphere since no more MAF.

Any ideas? I will send back the car to my workshop but just in case anyone has some bright ideas, please let me know.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Since it starts with a jump start, you have narrowed it down to an electrical problem. The fuel pump and injectors are new. I would look at those first. I suspect a bigger capacity battery will start it

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I bought one piece headlights from this great seller :http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...l-city-and-vios-fog-lamp-complete-set-10.html
this headlight can fit to evo 5 and 6 only.

Allow me to share my experience how to install this headlights, maybe somebody can use it as reference.

Step 1: Preparation...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience