Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
so clean ur car..very shinning :party:

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
aycy,

Nice stance shot, I'm guessing 9.5 width +22 TE37. Any rubbing issues?

Sometimes I wish I can bring my car that low, but can't be daily driven if I do, especially in KL

aycy

3,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2006
Penang / Butterworth
www.facebook.com
Nice wheel u have bro. Is that TE37SL?
no bro.. only normal te37...

so clean ur car..very shinning :party:
haha thanks...

aycy,

Nice stance shot, I'm guessing 9.5 width +22 TE37. Any rubbing issues?

Sometimes I wish I can bring my car that low, but can't be daily driven if I do, especially in KL
ya bro. running on 9.5jj +22 with 245/40 tires. rolled the rear fender. can clear bump without any issue. only facing rub at rear if high speed on highway with uneven bump....

sub8evo

Known Member
May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
hi guys just want to share my Evo IX MR. I received it last friday and it is a very very fun car to drive. hope to join u guys hanging out some times.
Bro, first of all congrats.

Hope you don-t take offence, May I knOw how are you sure its an MR besides the emblem & the shift panel?

just want to learn more, so I won,t get conned.

Thx.

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
no worries bro.

believe me that was the first question running through my head. i will not pay something which is not as claimed until i have all the evidence and proof.

as you know, the red lining Recaros, gear console and the emblem are all changeable, therefore the only point i shall look at is the model no.

after doing some intense study and searching through websites and forums, these are a few points i can share.

there only a few MR for 2005 Evo Ix model. For 2006 model after june or august, the mitsubishi produced only 2 models. Evo IX GSR MR and Evo IX RS MR. they are a few last unit before it stopped production to give way to Evo X.

if you do a search in lancerregister, the model no for SJGFZ is Evo IX GSR for 2005 model. and SNDFZ is the MR version. and i almost canceled by booking since i felt cheated by the dealer because of the model no. i do found that the rims are not BBS as what MR should be. I did some searching and email mitsubishi japan and ask dealer to reconfirm with Japan, the model number is the same but for 2006 model, as i said, 2 models area available, MR GSR and MR RS. Mine is MR GSR

please click here for refererence.

http://http://www.tradecarview.com/specifications/mitsubishi/lancerevolution_ix_mr/gsr_4wd_mt_2.0/31895/

the rims also not BBS but mitshubishi enkei rims.

the most important and easist thing to look out is the front hood, roof and boot. They are made of Aluminium for light weight. we can hear the different of sound by "jentik" it. yeah hood and boot can change but the roof?

there a few arguements regarding the roof design. Some says only MR will have the "fin" like on it while some says all evo IX have the fin shapped. But i do search and PM members in evolutionm and lancerregister, they said only MR roof will have the fin shapped or tanduk on it.

hmmm i think these are what i have remembered at this moment of what i have been searching before buying my Evo.

please correct me if i am wrong since this information are only based on my searching through forums and internets and emails to a few parties.

sub8evo

Known Member
May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
Very good info, bro. Thx for sharing !

I recall from somewhere I read, the MR also uses another suspension, not Bilstein? :confused:

Another question : Do you mind sharing the price you bought your MR for? Unregistered 06' ?

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Bro sub

MR still use the same Bilstein suspension. I believe it is tuned a bit. MR not much different from normal evo IX. Some accessories and the light weight which results in better handling. For me i cant feel any different since i drive very sopan santun only hihi.

Price is RM187k on the road.

I can see you own evo x as well from your avatar. Mine same color like yours.

sub8evo

Known Member
May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
Bro sub

MR still use the same Bilstein suspension. I believe it is tuned a bit. MR not much different from normal evo IX. Some accessories and the light weight which results in better handling. For me i cant feel any different since i drive very sopan santun only hihi.

Price is RM187k on the road.

I can see you own evo x as well from your avatar. Mine same color like yours.
Yup, mine is a silver e9 as well, with the two finS roof as well - from your description, mine could be an MR ;-)

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
Bro, first of all congrats.

Hope you don-t take offence, May I knOw how are you sure its an MR besides the emblem & the shift panel?

just want to learn more, so I won,t get conned.

Thx.
EVO IX vs EVO IX MR(Applies to JDM only):
1.)EVO IX is 2005MY and EVO IX MR only 2006MY
2.)EVO IX MR only have RS and GSR while EVO IX have RS,GT and GSR
3.)EVO IX MR GSR come with deviating stitching interior(Red colour)
4.)The a/c vent adjuster is chrome in colour
5.)EVO IX MR have Bilstein shock + Eibach spring and EVO IX have Bilstein shock + Normal spring
6.)EVO IX MR use 15G compressor wheel while EVO IX use 16G compressor wheel
7.)EVO IX MR have different front lip

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all, got this problem after transplant to 6a12TT. My car now like not enough voltage, everytime I open door, my alarm system auto switch on hazard light (both signal lamp blinking)..when that happen, all inside-car lamp,clock,warning light keep fade in-fade out following that hazard light.According Volt meter in my Apexi TT,reading are 13.5-14.0 with engine idling. And when I keep pressing my auto window..voltage drop 1 by 1 till 13.0...I got pivot raisin VS installed but no G-cable as my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience