should i get civic type r fd2r or integra dc5?

Which is the Type-R to Buy?

• FD2 Civic Type-R

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • DC5 Civic Type-R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FN2 Civic Type-R

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
agree with Nic..less converted ITRs around, but then again LESS integras to start with....:P

deus2122

Oct 19, 2008
For practical reason, i would go for fd2r. But i think its important to test drive both car to hv a feel before deciding. Fd2r can be a harsh ride but some may like it.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
If looking for 2 door the DC5 is the best choice.
If looking for 4 door CL7 is a good choice. All rounder.

FD2R is very harsh....

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
you know, alot of people here have mentioned that the FD2R is harsh, but have you all ACTUALLY driven the car and appreciated it BEYOND it's harshness? I wouldn't even call it HARSH. But rather, it is FIRM - but NOT MUCH firmer than if you were to buy a set of D2 coilovers and bolt them onto your Satria and Wira. The diff is that on an FD2R the suspension is actually working with proper spring rates, just that the rebound is a lil quick (or at least i feel it is) to be benificial on kampung roads, but then again WHY would you drive your FD2R through kampung roads FAST? Lembu semua ada....muahaha

Case in point - if you were to buy a stock CL7 and not like it's handling, there's a high chance that you'll end up with a set of aftermarket coilovers and make it just as harsh. Or DC for that matter...

dro

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
....you know, alot of people here have mentioned that the FD2R is harsh, but have you all ACTUALLY driven the car and appreciated it BEYOND it's harshness? .....
+1 on this bro
the best way is probably by testing it out yourself
then decide which suits you better :driver::driver::driver:

bluesub81

May 7, 2006
test drive the FD2R and ultimately you can make the decision which one is better. I dont have a FD2r but I have the chance to try it..its worth it. even more this car is much more better than europe type r the FN2R. you have to test first before buying bro..people can only give informaton based on own assumption..but the choice is yours..spend wisely..no need to regret later..

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
FD2R' s ride is very firm for a reason. It lacks sophistication & design of earlier Type-R i.e EK9, DC2 and DC5 or even a CL7. For that reason in order to live up to the Type R name the
the FD2R suspension had to be set very firm. Good or bad depend on the buyer tolerance level.

Buying aftermarket coilovers can make a car very harsh if you dont understand spring rate and damper setting. You can setup a car with good handling and some decent comfort.:biggrin:

Then again it is your choice......our opinion is based own individual experience .
You need to experience it for yourself....Either way test drive all models and see which suits you.

Last edited:

killer_V

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2004
Selangor
N
if you still can't make up ur mind, i suggest u get urself the GODZILLA...GTR..nyeh3x....still 'R' kind of car & will easily outcome any other 'R' cars..keh keh keh...

But,as for me, i'll vote for FD2R lah....of course when Honda produce Fd2R, they will use DC5R or any current technologies they had as a benchmark...ehehehe..by the way, just try both cars by urself, then make ur choice le...easier...."tepuk dada,tanya selera...tak kenal maka tak cinta"..PEACE...

Last edited:

Fitri Hasan

Jul 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
a stock FD2R and DC5R has the same K20A engine with almost the same performance but different weight. The FD2R is +-200kg heavier than the DC5R. So what do you think?

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
a stock FD2R and DC5R has the same K20A engine with almost the same performance but different weight. The FD2R is +-200kg heavier than the DC5R. So what do you think?
bro, same engine = yes
but FD2R got different tuning setup and got some improvement on Intake manifold. I'm not sure about the differences in gear setup/final drive.

Terms of "faster" is quite subjective here. But in standard forms, circuit run = FD2R much faster than DC5R, and in highway run = FD2R is also faster than DC5R. :driver:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
yes at first i had the same assumption as yours that DC5R is faster than the heavier civic. but after owning both cars i can tell you in term of performance (speed and handling) the civic clearly is the winner.

but my friend's modified DC5R tapau my civic like my car has no engine!!!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I'm soon to be in receipt of a Suzuki Vitara - not the best of cars i know, but beggars can't be choosers.

Basically, it's got an amp, sub, alpine MP3/iPod player, but i want to go a lot further than this.

I'd like to know if anyone has a built in computer (not a car computer, a real one, like "Shuttle" which do small cube PC's). http://www.microdirect.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?ProductID=14767&GroupID=0...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience