Should I get a GPS or a GPS with DVD player?

Justin220

Jun 9, 2009
Wanna have a GPS lately for my car. I have to take long distance business trip from now on. So I’m wondering to buy a simple GPS only, or also get a DVD with GPS together to have more fun? I’ve found this Eonon 7 inch car DVD gps Navigation with USA-CANADA Map seems quite good, cool featured but not so expensive. . But the problem is, is it illegal to set the DVD when driving? If I can’t avoid this problem, should I buy this GPS only? Or do you have any other good items recommend? Urgent for your kindly advice. Thanks in advance!

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
Wanna have a GPS lately for my car. I have to take long distance business trip from now on. So I’m wondering to buy a simple GPS only, or also get a DVD with GPS together to have more fun? I’ve found this Eonon 7 inch car DVD gps Navigation with USA-CANADA Map seems quite good, cool featured but not so expensive. . But the problem is, is it illegal to set the DVD when driving? If I can’t avoid this problem, should I buy this GPS only? Or do you have any other good items recommend? Urgent for your kindly advice. Thanks in advance!
hi justin personally i think buy stand alone GPS is better than DVD build in,..why, is independent unit so u can bring here & there even u can borrow to ur family member when needed or even u can bring out to oversea for travel purposed.

secondly, what maps are the 2din dvd GPS unit they use?? is easy can get or update.
thridly what are the GPS chip they use & how many channel for GPS SAT**

lastly here are the recommendation good GPS u can buy:
1. TOM TOM they claim is the best in the world.maps are very rare for asia site.
2. NAVIGON same as above.
3. Garmin maps are easly to find, if u know the source.

if got budget punya hal, then use handphone GPS is well good enough.

worth 2 cent niah , hope it help.

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
hi justin personally i think buy stand alone GPS is better than DVD build in,..why, is independent unit so u can bring here & there even u can borrow to ur family member when needed or even u can bring out to oversea for travel purposed.

secondly, what maps are the 2din dvd GPS unit they use?? is easy can get or update.
thridly what are the GPS chip they use & how many channel for GPS SAT**

lastly here are the recommendation good GPS u can buy:
1. TOM TOM they claim is the best in the world.maps are very rare for asia site.
2. NAVIGON same as above.
3. Garmin maps are easly to find, if u know the source.

if got budget punya hal, then use handphone GPS is well good enough.

worth 2 cent niah , hope it help.
Thats right xtec,i also recommended to buy gps unit it self coz its portable and have a easy to use interface..:idea:

If u buy it at garmin shop,i think they will provide u a maps and update..

Some more gps unit can be detach from your car and avoid ur window being crash by a thief..

DVD type gps commonly use in continental car like BMW,Mercedes and etc because the car already equiped with high end anti thief security so that should be no problem to put RM15000 dvd Navigator inside..:biggrin:

If u still thinking,just go to garmin websites and read the spec that suit you..:proud:

For demo,just write the garmin model on the youtube..i bet you can find it..:burnout:

Gudluck!:biggrin:

Justin220

Jun 9, 2009
Hi guys, many thanks for your professional advice! Now I have a solution, for GPS, updating map is a sofisicated stuff and really need my lots of devotion, TOMTOM may fit, since I don't wanna pay for software in the future. In addtion, I wanna a portable one, and also lower price, haha :proud: But I still think Eonon is quite OK for me, cos I've got advice from other's review that Eonon's stereo is good to use. Maybe I'll consider buy this one E1062 for my Mazda-3! how's your opinion?

gavinchong

Known Member
May 31, 2009
GPS Stand Alone
Advantage: 1)cheap 2)can bring here and there 3)prevent theif
Disadvantage: 1)battery problem (i know got charger but charge and use sure "kong" sooner or later) 2)small screen

DVD + GPS
Advantage: 1)feel DVD with gps @ the same time 2)BIG screen. clear roads 3)No worries bout power supply 4)very stylish.. have u tried a Porshe Cayman staring the interior of you car with 7DVD GPS (branded unit i mean)?
Disadvantage: 1)theif will notice that for you

PS: Map updates are all using memory cards

Bump: GPS Stand Alone
Disadvantage: 1)battery problem (i know got charger but charge and use sure "kong" sooner or later) 2)small screen

DVD + GPS
Advantage: 1)feel DVD with gps @ the same time 2)BIG screen. clear roads 3)No worries bout power supply 4)very stylish.. have u tried a Porshe Cayman staring the interior of you car with 7DVD GPS (branded unit i mean)?

Justin220

Jun 9, 2009
GPS Stand Alone

DVD + GPS

Bump: GPS Stand Alone

DVD + GPS

Many thanks for your detailed info. I've bought a car dvd player from Eonon, and the pics and showed in this post! :biggrin: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/ice/290696-hows-my-new-eonon-stereo-system-in-car.html

gavinchong

Known Member
May 31, 2009
More questions on GPS can ask me..
I own:
1)Nokia N95
2)Nokia N82
3)Nokia N97 mini
5)Garmin nuvi 205
5)Kenwood DNX 7320 7" Built in Garmin

Last edited:

GAC-GPS

Apr 11, 2010
Melaka
PND>Mobile Phone>DVD player

Reason:
1. PND is best, smooth, More map choose, special for car. No more other fee.
2. Mobile phone save cost. but small screen, waste battery, lag and Need GPRS fee to run
3. DVD player, I think is worst. DVD is out, got someone buy DVD to play in car? or download movie to PND to play. Download is free!! DVD with GPS also 7' LCD screen, it do not support most of Map software. Expensive!!

I think you know the choice.

GAC GPS System with Papago SE malaysia

Last edited:

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
i just bought a samsung omnia, using garmin now. very good phone with AMOLED technology, the standby time is longer than non-Amoled screens.

gavinchong

Known Member
May 31, 2009
Agreed

Idiotic to carry two devices
1) Did u know the different between a phone gps and a garmin gps on its receiver?
Answer: Definitely the garmin gps captures the satellite FASTER + its more accurate!

2) Using Ovi maps on E66?
Answer: Did you know once you open Ovi maps, you are being charged for the data usage packages. When your montly phone bill comes, do not cry for what you have used.
Gamin GPS devices / Garmin Mobile XT has a pre loaded map and you only use those satellite signals (NO 3G/EDGE/WAP charges applicable)

PowerMonster

Known Member
Nov 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
1) Did u know the different between a phone gps and a garmin gps on its receiver?
Answer: Definitely the garmin gps captures the satellite FASTER + its more accurate!

Its fine with me.. i am not looking for a pin in a haystack ... and a few more seconds make no difference to me.

2) Using Ovi maps on E66?
Answer: Did you know once you open Ovi maps, you are being charged for the data usage packages. When your montly phone bill comes, do not cry for what you have used.
Gamin GPS devices / Garmin Mobile XT has a pre loaded map and you only use those satellite signals (NO 3G/EDGE/WAP charges applicable)
Nope i dont get charged. Better look at your settings.

Nokia OVI made most handheld GPS a sunset product... EOUL - End Of Useful Life

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

There are a few friends of mine who are interested to learn automotive engineering/technology. They said they're interested to work in a tuner shop or motorsports team someday. Any local college/university that you guys can recommend? :smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience