Shipping Wheels to the Philippines

slack3r

Known Member
Mar 10, 2010
Manila
Want to get options for shipping a set of wheels to the Philippines..

Anyone have any ideas on cost? Best Courier? Maybe someone here has experience shipping a set of wheels overseas, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Wheel specs 15x6.5 so not sure about the diameters of the box. Do I ship them on individual boxes?

Thanks

whizzzer

Jul 20, 2008
Already did once before.

I used 2 boxes, 2 wheels each box with other stuffs to fill in the empty space on the box.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
better use wood crate, instead of box.

I've seen a lot of rim/tyre shops using wood crate to ship variety of rims to other places.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Want to get options for shipping a set of wheels to the Philippines..

Anyone have any ideas on cost? Best Courier? Maybe someone here has experience shipping a set of wheels overseas, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Wheel specs 15x6.5 so not sure about the diameters of the box. Do I ship them on individual boxes?

Thanks
Can send by original boxes. If 4 boxes, then mention on the Invoice. Much cheaper to send by sea if not urgent...

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

better use wood crate, instead of box.

I've seen a lot of rim/tyre shops using wood crate to ship variety of rims to other places.
Probably they crate because they bring in large quantities and to prevent pilferage.....

slack3r

Known Member
Mar 10, 2010
Manila
Thanks for the inputs.

I was thinking shipping them using individual boxes like those brandnew rims which ship using individual boxes and just put enough padding on the corners of the wheels. How much is the price difference by sea? Any recommended shipping companies?

I tried to calculate via UPS,FEDEX,DHL online using estimated box diameters.

Length 15"
Width 15"
Height 7-8"

Weight total around 28kg all 4 wheels
1 Wheel estimate is 7kg each around 16lbs (so this is the weight per box)

Got the estimated values based on the wheel specs since diameter is 15 box would be square 15"x15" and height with the rim down I calculated based on rim width which is 6.5 end to end should be around 7"

I got calculated quotes from the companies shipping in 4 boxes. UPS being cheapest 8xx, Fedex 8xx and DHL 1xxx not sure if the calculations are accurate though because of all the 3 companies only fedex has the option to indicate that I am shipping used car parts.

Maybe someone can point me to cargo forwarders that uses sea freight?

@whizzzer - what shipping company did you use? and anway you can remember the size of the box you used? were those 15" wheels?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You can try Sea freight by Pos Malaysia. They calculate by weight and have different prices. If not mistaken, 20kg per box is the cheapest, because that was what my wife did to sent her mom's maid personal items back to Indonesia. She sent about 7 boxes and she weigh the boxes using Pos Malaysia weighing machine and she packed the boxes there. Spent two hundred plus on the freight where by air is around RM1.6k.....

slack3r

Known Member
Mar 10, 2010
Manila
Wonder how long it will take by sea freight.. Port is via Klang only? which is on the other side of malaysia which means it has to go around west malaysia to go east for Philippines?

Anyone have tried using those big name companies?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wonder how long it will take by sea freight.. Port is via Klang only? which is on the other side of malaysia which means it has to go around west malaysia to go east for Philippines?

Anyone have tried using those big name companies?
What do you mean big name companies? You mean those freight companies in Port Klang? Not sure if they do personal stuffs as most deals with company account one.....:hmmmm:

slack3r

Known Member
Mar 10, 2010
Manila
What do you mean big name companies? You mean those freight companies in Port Klang? Not sure if they do personal stuffs as most deals with company account one.....:hmmmm:
I mean fedex,ups,dhl anyone tried them?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all,

if you are visiting anyone staying at arena green(if i am not wrong) near the stadium bukit jalil, if you have to leave your car outside the apartment...remember to becareful....

i heard there's a series of cars' windows smashed and things inside got stolen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience