Shell V-Power on Vtec engines

Spoonz

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
did esso and mobil have the same fuel?
I saw a tanker carrying goods for esso and mobil....

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
woodykids said:
Try ProJet, as powerful as the V power. The only difference is V Power have more mileage
but compare the price, its not really "Have More Mileage"...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
murcielago said:
i agree...shell only good in advertising...did they had any prove to claim they had better mileage????? they try to catch ppl need for more mileage by simply quote??? i tried it, no difference in mileage compare to other petrol....v-power also not much difference but price got a lot difference..so i dun bother to pump shell d....bonuslink points also very less...i support caltex n projet, their petrol can feel the car slightly more powerful without extra cost...

this i totally agreed...:_:

gunter

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
Don't u guys think.. regarding Sylkron.. Primax3.. Techron.. Esso F1.. all just a rebranding.. enticing the market exercise.. probably some guys from O&G can enlighten us a bit.. V-Power must be la since price already different..

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
gunter said:
Don't u guys think.. regarding Sylkron.. Primax3.. Techron.. Esso F1.. all just a rebranding.. enticing the market exercise.. probably some guys from O&G can enlighten us a bit.. V-Power must be la since price already different..
i dun think its same, mayb almost same, but not actually same...:_:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Is it really true that these fuels offer more power? Or it is just the masses having the 'placebo effect' since they're paying extra?

Hmm.. all this while I thought that higher RON fuels only offer better power when the car is tuned for it by advancing ignition timing..

Hmm.. I wonder if I put racing fuel in my car, and don't go for tuning.. will feel a lot of power difference ah? A bit maybelah.. but I wonder if can really feel or not?

For me, 1hp difference cannot be felt.. but maybe I have butt made out of concrete.

Hey, can't argue with the majority, right? (O_o)

p.s. hints of sarcasm, don't you think?

Last edited:

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
shiroitenshi said:
Is it really true that these fuels offer more power? Or it is just the masses having the 'placebo effect' since they're paying extra?

Hmm.. all this while I thought that higher RON fuels only offer better power when the car is tuned for it by advancing ignition timing..

Hmm.. I wonder if I put racing fuel in my car, and don't go for tuning.. will feel a lot of power difference ah? A bit maybelah.. but I wonder if can really feel or not?

For me, 1hp difference cannot be felt.. but maybe I have butt made out of concrete.

Hey, can't argue with the majority, right? (O_o)

p.s. hints of sarcasm, don't you think?
If you run normal fuel without knocking,,,then race fuel will slow you down.

Spoonz

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
moral of d story: dont buy fuel which is expensive (nevermind what brand they are)....if u want more power, then tune ur ride....

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Spoonz said:
moral of d story: dont buy fuel which is expensive (nevermind what brand they are)....if u want more power, then tune ur ride....
Moral: If you want more power, buy a bigger engine.

4litres in a tiny civic will make the car super powerful regardless of what crappy fuel you put in it. ROFL!

zaruliskandar

Mar 22, 2006
well guyz, this is what i've heard from a friend of mine which involves in the O&G line...
v-power does have extra additives which could help to clean your engine compared to the normal oils. so it is not advisable to use it as a daily fuel coz in times it could 'eat up' ur engine. u can use it occasionally ie 1 pump after five pumps of normal fuel..

zaruliskandar

Mar 22, 2006
hattech-v said:
aiyaaa... true la... if the engine not power like mine, using whatever fuel ron100ka whatever oso no power... kekekkeke
piiiirah hattech.....
not fast meh?? y every week i saw ur car in somewhere in Negeri Sembilan??? u know what i mean laa :P hehehehehe :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a Nissan NV200 Panel Van. Originally, Nissan only offers them in White. Instead of leaving it stock, we resprayed it black. Why? because black is the hardest colour to deal with, it has extremely visible swirl, hologram or scratches when damaged. On top of that, a repainted paint job does not always show up shiny...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience