Shell V-Power on Vtec engines

SimonsayZ

Dec 27, 2004

Just wanna ask if you can feel any differences when using V-power fuel on your engines. Performance better or just the same? Is it true that V-power is better at higher rpm?

Please do share your experiences.:regular_smile: I tried it on my B16a but don't feel any differences. Maybe it's just ad gimmicks or I'm not sensitive enough to feel it? :Not_Impressed:

sasuke

Nov 23, 2004
V-Power is Ron98. Definately there is difference if compare to normal Ron97. The difference might not too visible in more powerful engine. If u use it on less power engine like auto or older car normally u can feel it. My fren tried it on his stock Saga, last time max speed is 170kmh like that after used V-power is 180+ already.

woodykids

Jun 7, 2005
cheras
Try ProJet, as powerful as the V power. The only difference is V Power have more mileage

Stylites-x

Feb 13, 2006
better pick-ups for myself n iam a regular v-power now for my vtec city.
definetely theres a difference.

Daniel1688

Jun 23, 2005
PJ/KL
there's a slight difference in my vtec but hardly can notice it but as for a normal auto tranny car you can feel it more obvious.just like what sasuke said its Ron98 compare normal petrol Ron97.

TODA

May 20, 2005
downtheroad
when V-power was launched i learned from article that it can actually 'clean' or appropraitely, de-carbonize ur engine parts it comes contact with.....thus giving u better overall engine performance/mileage

whether its myth or not i dunno. But defintely feel the difference of power, low-end till the vtec crossover point

b16a stock std small v here, on a 4 dr EF with 1 passenger easily cruise up genting on 3rd gear

feels jz like u switch to lower viscosity engine oil (eg. 15w40 ->10w40)

SimonsayZ

Dec 27, 2004
The existing price for V-power is kinda pinchy... 2.15/litre. I thought the new Caltex techron also cleans the engine? Anyone tried that one?

kecepuss

Nov 30, 2005
Yup..now i'm consistantly using caltex techron after no more teppet sound from my car compare to Shell coz Shell is only very good in advertising..

A

achor

when i was driving eg with b16a also can feel difference. now driving dc2 with b18c also feel the difference. it feels a bit lighter when vtec is engaged. same as the older projet. the new regener8. nothing la.

Spoonz

Nov 16, 2005
some said that v-power is good for long distance travelling...
give u more mileage...for me I still use esso f1..

murcielago

Jan 19, 2005
i agree...shell only good in advertising...did they had any prove to claim they had better mileage????? they try to catch ppl need for more mileage by simply quote??? i tried it, no difference in mileage compare to other petrol....v-power also not much difference but price got a lot difference..so i dun bother to pump shell d....bonuslink points also very less...i support caltex n projet, their petrol can feel the car slightly more powerful without extra cost...

nashrey

Apr 14, 2004
it does marginally improve the pick-up on auto cars...but nothing much to harp about when considering the high selling price

minivan

Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
yeah... i guess thats the question that should be asked...

Does the increase in power / performance justify the price your paying for it?

SimonsayZ

Dec 27, 2004
Saw the news that Petronas came out with a new petrol PRIMAX 3. They claim that it can clean your engine and give better performance. Sounds like V-power but price is only 1.92/litre. So anyone has tried it yet?

Elf engine oil in malacca?

hi there do anyone knows anywhere got sell Elf oil? semi syn (15W-40) and the pricing as well?

any suggestion for other good and reputable oil brand n model is welcomed...thanks :)