Shell introduces new V-Power 97 - Same price, improved performance

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Shell Malaysia just now launched the latest addition to its high performance Shell V-Power fuels – Shell V-Power 97, which is designed to give motorists improved power and performance for any car they drive, at the regulated RON 97 pricing. The Shell V-Power family of fuels is the culmination of over 60 years of innovation and shared passion for performance with Ferrari in the motorsports arena.

New Shell V-Power 97 was launched today, by Encik Azman Ismail, Managing Director, Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn Bhd. “Contrary to popular belief, not all fuels are the same. At Shell, we are committed to making better fuels for our customers and their cars. With over a century of experience in fuel development, the experts at Shell have introduced Shell V-Power 97 to meet the Malaysian customers’ demand for a performance fuel.

“Today we are proud to make available to Malaysian motorists, Shell V-Power 97 which is designed to help your car achieve its performance potential whatever car you drive at the same regulated price for RON 97 that motorists are familiar with.,” added Azman.

Shell V-Power 97 is now available at more than 750 Shell stations nationwide replacing the regulated RON97 fuel grade at the pump for the same price of RM2.05. Shell V-Power Racing, the premium fuel, though, will continue to be sold at over 40 sites in the city centres at the Klang Valley and Johor.

The Technology Behind Shell V-Power 97
The new Shell V-Power 97 boasts the same Friction Modification Technology (FMT) additive used by Shell for Ferrari in Formula One (F1) races. Proprietary to Shell V-Power fuels, FMT has been uniquely developed in Shell’s research laboratories and in participation with its long-term technical partner, Ferrari.

Formulated to ensure a cleaner engine in any car you drive, FMT also helps engine parts work smoothly to deliver improved responsiveness. The friction reduction properties of the new Shell V-Power 97 are designed to improve acceleration by reducing friction between moving parts in the engine, thus releasing more energy of the fuel to drive the vehicle. All this, at the price of a regular RON97 petrol.

Ahead of the Shell V-Power 97 launch, Shell deployed its Men in Red teams around Klang Valley to give motorists the excitement of pit stop crew in action. Dressed in red overalls, Shell Men in Red gave Malaysian motorists a quick car pampering session absolutely free as a prelude to the launch of this exciting new breakthrough fuel. The services of the Men in Red are still available at selected Shell stations nationwide until end July for Shell V-Power 97 customers.

In conjunction with the launch of Shell V-Power 97, Shell will be unveiling in weeks to come other exhilarating Shell V-Power experiences for Malaysian motorists. For more information on how to fuel your driving passion or where to catch the Men in Red teams, visit www.shell.com.my/vpower.

Last edited:

jpoplover

7,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2009
Nilai
today filled rm5 for my rempit bike (mix with normal ron97 shell )......

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
so there will be no normal RON97?

flanker c

Known Member
Jul 24, 2007
no more normal ron97...i filled today..performance still same previous v power

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
felt almost same as v-power racing, much better than the standard 97, i drive a levin black top and an RB, can instantly feel the response. Especially the 20valve, oooh the response is so good.........

for normal cars maybe no difference at all but for performance engines / cars it will (a bit), at least u get more for the same price, i say it's totally worth it

15 years in and out of petrol stations and this is the first time i really feel good about paying

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
my orange petrol icon juz come out on my meter, going to feel the different later on my mod mivec. i support mobil/esso from 2003 until now, maybe time to change.

-DaRReN-C-

RE
Oct 28, 2005
Penang
will give a try....since its time to refill some gas for my car dee =D

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
shell vpower has always been a ron97 fuel wit unjustified price, whats wit all the hype ler? now they come wit a new name, just to lower the cost? all-in-the-pocket tactics, lapok.. weve tested fuel of different brand on the dyno, and the best fuel from way back then, and still is (before dis so-called vpower 97 come up), is the esso ron97

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
no wonder, it was a transition of discontinueing the V-power and removing its subsidies so that they can rebrand the normal ron97...previously the v-power is also ron97 with additives...i think its a way of marketing so that they can re-sell the v-power with a new name...anyway, for shell ron97 of rm2.05, im up with it...been paying nothing less than 2.05 all these while

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
shell vpower has always been a ron97 fuel wit unjustified price, whats wit all the hype ler? now they come wit a new name, just to lower the cost? all-in-the-pocket tactics, lapok.. weve tested fuel of different brand on the dyno, and the best fuel from way back then, and still is (before dis so-called vpower 97 come up), is the esso ron97
Very meticulous about fuel? Too bad for most of us then, we hardly dyno our cars. But good for you.

Jutan Supplier

Known Member
Aug 27, 2007
www.facebook.com
now Shell station have 2 types of petrol.. v-power 97 and v-power racing

for years.. I'm a regular shell v-power racing user (company subsidi...hehehe)

- quieter engine
- smoother acceleration

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia have just launched the Lancer 2.0 GT CBU from Japan with a properly amazing price of RM115,980 OTR!

With an impressive spec sheet and a price tag that seriously undercuts the competition, especially its direct competitor the Honda Civic, the Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 GT is a fantastic proposition for Malaysia buyers. Definitely makes the CKD Civic look overpriced to hell.

Looks pretty good...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience