Seriously considering a ITr

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Hey guys,

I'm new to the ITr thread but been on ZTH for eons, ever since my Satria days.

I'm currently driving an Alfa Romeo 147 and as much as I love my bella, I think it's time for a change.

My thoughts were actually to get a Golf Gti MK5, but I'm kindda done with hatchbacks for now and don't really wanna deal with anything turbo (which crosses Evos and Scoobies out of the picture).

The RX8 and its rotary is too much of a hassle...and after the nightmare that an Alfa Romeo is...I just want a car that does the job, looks the part, and doesn't really need alot of TLC.

So in conclusion, I'm back to a Honda. :biggrin:

I've previously owned a Prelude H22A and an Integra Type-R DC2 when I was back in the states. I've always had a soft spot for high revving engines...

Anyways, to cut the story short, I'm looking into getting an ARTIC BLUE ITr DC5 (preferably face lifted, which I assume is yr 2004 and beyond right?) for around 140k - 145k.

Any advice on where I should be looking? I've been through Motor Trader and Mudah.com.my and there are a few enticing deals there, but would like to widen my options.

Also, I heard that the tax laws will be lifted sometime mid this year...So would that affect the price of the ITr...? Should I wait till then?

Do advice...

Thanks in advance! :driver:

p.s. The ITr really holds its price well. Compared to a 350z and the RX8, those 2 are practically going for a little over 100k now...but the damn Honda is still hovering around 135 - 145k!! Amazing!

Sucks for buyers like me though.

Last edited:

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
since u drove dc2 before , u might need advice from owner who change from dc2 to dc5..i heard alot of them , even in the hot version video,said that the handling wise..dc2 is better, and its much harder to tune the handling on dc5...

i guess u better test drive dc5 before u make decision to buy.

dc5 has more powerful k20a engine..and has better looks and interior ,but
for me the aftermarket parts is quite expensive though..unless u decide not to mod..
the maintenance wouldnt be that expensive.

hope this helps.good luck

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
Facelifted DC5 comes in new VIVID BLUE PEARL color which is nicer than the arctic blue. From my observation it's a bit hard to get 2004 facelift DC5 as many of the grey importers are bringing in 2005 and 2006 models. Price for 2005 DC5 and 2006 has also increased compared to last year. I think if u check around prices vary from 160k to 175k... And this will most likely maintain for sometime since the AP price has increased by 10k.

Do look around for best offer and ensure the car is genuine type-r. year of mfg can be seen on the lower bottom of the seat belt (there's a white tag that shows the date; in which many shops cut it off to declare the car 'newer')

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
thanks for the replies guys. budget is definitely an issue...looking around the RM140k price range.

also...not really a big fan of the FD2R...just doesnt spark my interest.

anyways...the DC5 really is holding its value quite well...a 2004 is still going strong at RM140k - 150k which is really high considering its a Jap car.

i've always loved the Integra...and its true that when compared to a DC2...the older teg does out perform the DC5 in terms of handling...

i'm looking for something abit more modern thats why i'm considering the DC5...has anyone heard any news on the import tax being lifted middle this year?

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
I won't comment on the dc5 itself as many can provide u with input here. But I give a bit of comment on the rumors of car taxes being uplifted this mid-year. These kind of stories have been ard for quite some time and there's really no use in believing any of it. 1 thing for sure it's not going to happen just over night or even after a few months for that matter of fact. If such abrupt action was done, just imagine the huge impact it would have on the millons of cars with existing loans. People will be stuck with huge loans backed by an asset half the value... So if and when it happens, it will have to happen gradually probaly spanning over at least a couple of years...

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
I won't comment on the dc5 itself as many can provide u with input here. But I give a bit of comment on the rumors of car taxes being uplifted this mid-year. These kind of stories have been ard for quite some time and there's really no use in believing any of it. 1 thing for sure it's not going to happen just over night or even after a few months for that matter of fact. If such abrupt action was done, just imagine the huge impact it would have on the millons of cars with existing loans. People will be stuck with huge loans backed by an asset half the value... So if and when it happens, it will have to happen gradually probaly spanning over at least a couple of years...
totally agree with you. just that this time around it kindda seems more "real" than previous rumors.

anyways...i'll keep looking for that DC5 and if one really catches my fancy then i'll put the downpayment for it then. :biggrin:

also...any other advice on what to check on when looking at a 2nd hand DC5?

and if anyone has any info on price range it would be great..

whats the difference between a unregistered car and a 2nd hand and a recon?

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
just be sure u check the vin code is written Type R instead of type iS or something else..its on the left side of front suspension area ,inside the engine bay..
coz there's ppl bought dc5 and only found out his car was converted to type r..
also check the chasis number as well .

hahf

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
KL
there is a blue 2005 FL DC5R at Mofaz. however the price is on the high side though. it comes with some modded stuffs.
if u buy from mutiara u got some freebies, so it may worth for u to look there as well.
happy searching.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
there is a blue 2005 FL DC5R at Mofaz. however the price is on the high side though. it comes with some modded stuffs.
if u buy from mutiara u got some freebies, so it may worth for u to look there as well.
happy searching.
Mofaz prices are really high. Did you manage to see how much the car was?

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
open price 178k....
Yup saw this unit late last year at Mofaz sungai penchala (opposite the curve). Artic blue NFL year 2006 i belive. COmes with aftermarket Titanium Exhaust system, aftermarket rims and its an unregistered unit. Superb condition and milage was at 24K KM.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Yup saw this unit late last year at Mofaz sungai penchala (opposite the curve). Artic blue NFL year 2006 i belive. COmes with aftermarket Titanium Exhaust system, aftermarket rims and its an unregistered unit. Superb condition and milage was at 24K KM.
can someone just roughly explain to me what "unregistered" unit means? is it used? :confused: