Serious vibration - what does it mean?

K_rulez

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2006
KELANA JAYA
bro.. i already refer ur problem to my mechanic... and the answer is same like ur mechanic said... clutch cover need to change...

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
I did what you said, this doesn't happens all the time, only after some driving or during traffic jam : its not only jerking sound, but the whole car jerks, so I have to put in more gas than usual in order to move the car without jerking.
Mine same like you also.1st gear while long driving plus with traffic jam, jerking like hell...what i did was, change to 2nd gear...hehe....

viper5965

Known Member
Oct 6, 2007
hello to all frenz..
i had problem like that...my problem is when i`m revving around 3.8k rpm above my dashbord n clutch padel got vibration..this happen when cruising n every gear changed on that rpm..:bawling::bawling:

can any 1 help me to rectify the problem?:adore:i`m headache to think about that coz this happen to me a week ago b4 that is ok..:bawling:

mitsu4G

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Johor Bahru
to all bro's.i encountered the same problem,1st gear need to step on the gas more,if not the whole car vibrating,n then it always happen when on the reverse gear..the whole car vibrating like hell..got confuse now..izit the gear lever bush kong or my clutch worn out..when speeding at 100km/h the rpm needle clocked at 3000rpm..not more n not less..my mech said the clutch not that good anymore..my office mate said might b the mounting kong..so,which is which now??:hmmmm::hmmmm:

sub8evo

Known Member
May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
Looks like this is quite a common problem.... :hmmmm:

Don't think its the engine mounting bro, otherwise it would vibrate all the time, not only engaging 1st gear or reverse.

Most likely its the clutch cover worn, apparently quite a common problem if the drivers have the habit of "riding the clutch" while driving. I know I used to do this, but has since tried to kick it off...

Try google it and you will be able to find lots of explanation on this.

patjinamtiga

Nov 8, 2010
Perlis
hello to all frenz..
i had problem like that...my problem is when i`m revving around 3.8k rpm above my dashbord n clutch padel got vibration..this happen when cruising n every gear changed on that rpm..:bawling::bawling:

can any 1 help me to rectify the problem?:adore:i`m headache to think about that coz this happen to me a week ago b4 that is ok..:bawling:
i've got same problem also before. when the rpm reach 4,000 there got hell vibration. i refer to my mech and he try to check the timing belt marking for the 5 marks(2 on the cam pulley, 1 crankshaft, 1 balance shaft, and another 1... forgot already). after adjusted the marks on the belt, the vibration was gone. very smooth ride.. :driver:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Hi guys, just bring up the old topic.
Since I experience the same situation, is it a problem?

sub8evo,
Kindly share, did you solve the problem or what are the reason causing it?

The ride are all stock condition

Last edited:

sub8evo

Known Member
May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
Hi guys, just bring up the old topic.
Since I experience the same situation, is it a problem?

sub8evo,
Kindly share, did you solve the problem or what are the reason causing it?

The ride are all stock condition
Bro,

Did you experience on all gears, or like my case when shifting 1st and 2nd gears only?
This is likely an indication that your clutch is worn, and its time to change.

My car is in the process of changing to a new clutch now, will know the result next week.
Stay tuned...

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Bro,

Did you experience on all gears, or like my case when shifting 1st and 2nd gears only?
This is likely an indication that your clutch is worn, and its time to change.

My car is in the process of changing to a new clutch now, will know the result next week.
Stay tuned...
Just happened on 1st gear, especially on traffic jam. There rest of the gears still ok & no slips.
Waa... changing clutch la soon :banghead:... thinking to use the original stock pad...
Since my ride very slow & stock...

Thanks for sharing...

Last edited:

lalu

Known Member
Dec 20, 2008
It may (or may not) reoccur once new plate in i'm afraid due to the fact that e7-9 oem clutch is considered heavy duty hence juddery on initial, behaving almost similar to a racing plate but no noticeable slips AFAIK but who knows...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello ..... can i ask weather there is anyone who knows how to change the meter lights ...... my meter lights doesnt function anymore ...... wira ...... anyone knows how to change the lights ? ....... can i change to another colour ? so does the lights on the a/c switch ? thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience