Serious vibration - what does it mean?

sub8evo

May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
To all sifus,

Lately, I've been experiencing quite serious vibration when engaging 1st gear - I got to step on more gas before releasing my clutch to solve this problem.

In the past, a gentle tap on the gas and i can release my clutch and the car moves off slowly without any vibration. This problem is especially serious after driving for for sometime, and during traffic jam.

Does this mean my clutch pad is gone?

Thx for your input...

Azu MET008

May 28, 2009
Bro,

maybe clutch plate uneven - wear off. it happened only when want to start moving?:hmmmm:

Regards

stonebridges

Oct 27, 2005
www.oxiwave.com
what car u drive..? stock clutch or racing..?

from my experience, the vibrate u mention actually called clutch judder.. this could be a few problem of your clutch:

1. your clutch/plate or flywheel plate worn out
2. clutch or flywheel bearing broken/jam

sub8evo

May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
Azu met,

Yup, only when engaging 1st gear.

Stonebridges,

How can I be sure whether its clutch plate worn off?

Can be re-pad right?

K_rulez

Nov 7, 2006
KELANA JAYA
bro... check ur gearbox mounting 1st... might be worn off ready...

if u want to know ur clutch kaput ... when ur cruising with top gear... make sure maintain ur speed at 100 km/h.... and check ur rpm needle... if ur needle past rpm 3000 its time to change ur clutch plate... if ur needle show accurate at 3000 or below... means ur clutch plate is still good... if lebih sikit like below 3500 ok laaa... if more kena tukar la bro....

sub8evo

May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
Thanks bro,

When cruising at 110km/h, rev just above 3000rpm, I think clutch still OK :proud:

got oil on clutch plate+cover+flywheel due tu leaking flywheel oilseal maybe? :hmmmm:

bro... check ur gearbox mounting 1st... might be worn off ready...

if u want to know ur clutch kaput ... when ur cruising with top gear... make sure maintain ur speed at 100 km/h.... and check ur rpm needle... if ur needle past rpm 3000 its time to change ur clutch plate... if ur needle show accurate at 3000 or below... means ur clutch plate is still good... if lebih sikit like below 3500 ok laaa... if more kena tukar la bro....
bro...im having the same problem too....
1st gear car jerking
when engaging into 3rd gear, there is a sound 'krak', like gear x masuk properly....

could it be my clutch plate worn out? or how to determine whether my gbox mounting kong already
or not?

K_rulez

Nov 7, 2006
KELANA JAYA
bro...im having the same problem too....
1st gear car jerking
when engaging into 3rd gear, there is a sound 'krak', like gear x masuk properly....

could it be my clutch plate worn out? or how to determine whether my gbox mounting kong already
or not?
bro... if ur clutch plate betul2 kong... ur car kenot move ready... in think ur gear lever bush might be worn out... try check 1st...

if u want to know ur gearbox mounting kong... when ur engage into 1st gear... release ur clutch pedal slowly slowly until ur car move... if got sound gerk gerk gerk jerking sound then its time to change ur mounting... that is my experience la bro... because it just last week i kena... refer to mechanic n checking... my gearbox mounting pecah liao...:bawling::bawling::bawling:

sub8evo

May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
bro... if ur clutch plate betul2 kong... ur car kenot move ready... in think ur gear lever bush might be worn out... try check 1st...

if u want to know ur gearbox mounting kong... when ur engage into 1st gear... release ur clutch pedal slowly slowly until ur car move... if got sound gerk gerk gerk jerking sound then its time to change ur mounting... that is my experience la bro... because it just last week i kena... refer to mechanic n checking... my gearbox mounting pecah liao...:bawling::bawling::bawling:
I did what you said, this doesn't happens all the time, only after some driving or during traffic jam : its not only jerking sound, but the whole car jerks, so I have to put in more gas than usual in order to move the car without jerking.

silverchair

Apr 20, 2004
i think my situation same with u.. but its is not everytime, it only occur especially after drive long distance or traffic jam...

first gear jerk heavily, other gears are ok..:hmmmm:

time to change gearbox oil oredi? :hmmmm:

sub8evo

May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
Nope don't think is the gear oil - just changed recently.

My mechanic says most likely its the clutch cover worn off. This is going to cause some damage to my wallet again... Ori evo clutch cover only cost around RM1500-1700 :bawling:

Nope don't think is the gear oil - just changed recently.

My mechanic says most likely its the clutch cover worn off. This is going to cause some damage to my wallet again... Ori evo clutch cover only cost around RM1500-1700 :bawling:
as long as good mech...everything will be fine...just some time & money spent lor..

basically im driving a 1981 toyota corona(TT-132).. i have been told tht cars tht were produced before 1985 are non-galvanized metal.. so the metal will degrade dractically over time and become soft... is this true? and will it be worth it to maintain and mod my car? i've spent about 10k so far restoring it cuz it was a mess when i got it.. i want an engine transplant but im not sure wht to get.. AE101 and AE111 is front wheel drive.. mine is a rear wheel drive... and my surrent 3T engine is...