SDB 2009 Event Date, RnR, FAQ etc..

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
huh...it would be gr8 to see foreigners participation...more challenging:driver:

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
helo guys, off topic.Is it possible an outsider to join the sepang drag battle? my friends told me they dont allow foreigners..i would like to try my machine if possible ( hopefully )
foreigner's car can join... but driver must be malaysian... if not mistaken....
last 2005 we can saw many foreign competitors came to SDB especially from Japan like Honda Top Fuel Racing Team, Nissan Duke Racing Team etc...also many cars from S'pore

also in 2004, BF Goodrich was held 2 times drag event at SIC which ever we can saw many drag cars from Thailand...that time RM5000 for the winner each category and RM10,000 for who make the quickest time

but from 2006 until now, no more foreigner...:bawling:

why not AAM allowed to those foreigner who got International competition License as same as the Sporting Regulations for MME ?

I quote from their website http://www.sepangcircuit.com/files/u1/pdf/MME09-Regulation.pdf

5. ELIGIBLE COMPETITORS
Each entry will comprise 3 drivers OPEN to all categories

5.1 Malaysian drivers must be holder of a competition license for circuit racing issued
by Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM) or Motorsports Automobile of
Malaysia (MAM) – Minimum competition licence required : National “C” (Novice)

5.2 Foreign competitors must be holder of International C (minimum) grade licence
and obtain a letter of permission from their respective ASNs issuing their licence

Bump: but for SDB, the regulations was stated that only for Malaysian drivers :stupid:

http://malaysiangp.com.my/files/u1/pdf/Drag09-Sporting-Regulations.pdf

9. ELIGIBILITY OF COMPETITORS

9.1 Competitors must be a member of Sepang Circuit Motorsports Club.

9.2 Competitors must also be Malaysian drivers holding of a competition license for circuit racing issued by Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM) or Motorsports Automobile of Malaysia (MAM) – Minimum competition licence required : National “C” (Novice).

9.2 The organiser reserves the right to reject any entry in accordance with the NCR of the AAM. There is no appeal against this decision.

Last edited:

jada_bloom

Known Member
Jun 1, 2009
thank you mr SRF for explaining the details....its ok, i understand. Who knows in the near future Sepang would open the drag competition internationally. :itsme:

Bump: thank you mr SRF for explaining the details....its ok, i understand. Who knows in the near future Sepang would open the drag competition internationally. :itsme:

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
they should open another catagory liao..which allowed outsider to participate..like class X,
no matter u r allien or from no where as long has drag car n interested bring u car and race.:biggrin:

Last edited:

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
they should open another catagory liao..which allowed outsider to participate..like class X,
no matter u r allien or from no where as long has drag car n interested bring u car and race.:biggrin:
not agree...
already got 7 + 1 categories bro...too many laa

so if class X, what type of engine ? 4WD turbo, 2wd turbo, rotary , NA/Vtec together race in 1 category?...not practical laa

that's why i said before, allowed to them participate in any category at SDB for those who have international competition license :driver:

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
hahaha...there is 1 or 2 catagory which not really suit at sdb but afterall
this is no pure motorsport spirit la but depend on interest and profit minded.
btw its only suggestion from small fry like me.sure a lot ppl not agree..thai
supra was supervb...hahaha

Fussion_R

Known Member
May 15, 2005
east side
really miss the foreigner drag like the BF Goodrich drag on 2004.
i like the bronze EK with NSX engine and lowered the roof...
:love:

Bump: really miss the foreigner drag like the BF Goodrich drag on 2004.
i like the bronze EK with NSX engine and lowered the roof...
:love:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The country's most famous tuners were all present in the main stand area displaying the latest tuning parts and merchandise.

Nismo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience