sc12 charger

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Anybody try to dismantle this unit before? can describe any type of damage inside? can this unit recondition back? just try to save this unit for future user..

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
i have encountered sc12 damaged before...clunking sound one unit and another unit boost very low due to teflon seal already melted away and loss pumping power. i don't think it can be recondition and it is better to find a replacement unit.

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, I heard lot of people said damage to teflon seal, but just wondering how the teflon seal look alike because nowadays lot of DIY shop can make TEFLON Bush and many more teflon things, so maybe I can re-fabricated this seal and we can save SC12 from extinct and high market value now..

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
it's not like any normal seal. if you could open up your inlet/outlet piping, you can see the teflon seal on your supercharger lobes. the lobe should be black and the surface should be smooth..just like you see your non stick pan..it's almost the same material. if you see metal and harsh surface your teflon are gone. the reason the teflon could melt away due to excessive heat due to overboosting..1 bar plus is not good for your sc12 also debris from unfiltered intake could also destroy your seals even jamming it.

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
Long time ago, I believe this duo - Turbo Sang & Gerard Keong, did reconditioned SC12/SC14 to be fitted to Satria GTi's. Gerard even had a thread in this forum about supercharging Satrias.

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
I heard about the supercharging Satria project, but never heard about servicing charger unit.. thats ok will try to confirm about this matter..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wira 1.5 A GLI
Hi sifus, i got a question, im not quite sure about my current exhaust mods cant trust those exhaust shops guys la, can anyone advise me on my current setup? Tried modifying few times till running out of ideas

Last time use to have two bullets but now replace with midbox some how feels better pick up! so now my setup is 4-2-1---Bullet----midbox------s-flow muffler
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience