Save Petrol - Fuel

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Save Petrol - Fuel

Today’s about fuel prices? It is more important than ever to make sure that you are getting the most mileage for your money. There are several simple, easy and inexpensive methods that you could save fuel: -

1. Use synthetic engine oil. It helps to reduce engine friction and can improve fuel mileage.

2. Add fuel injection cleaner at every oil change to keep injector clean and spraying properly, that will create better combustion and deliver maximum power to the vehicle.

3. Consider installing window film (Tinted), it can reduce cabin temperature by as much as 10-20 degrees or more. Therefore, dramatically reducing the air conditioning that consumes additional fuel. (Please used the Government Approved Window Film)

4. Running your vehicles without air conditioner can reduce fuel.

5. Plan your trips. The fewer trips you have plan, the more fuel you will save.

6. Traveling speed at 80-100 Km/h produces up to 10-20% better mileage when compared to speed of 110-130 Km/h each. (Please follow the legal speed limit)

7. Go for regular services and tune ups. This is to ensure the best fuel economy. Check the owner’s manual for recommended maintenance services.

8. Make sure you check your tyre pressures every week because low tyre pressure can reduce mileage by as much as 10%-20%.

9. Use Air Conditioner sparingly, Air conditioners can use about 10 per cent extra fuel when operating and is a super drain on your engine's efficiency, so don't use it unless you really need it.

10. Strut tower/anti-sway bars, install strut tower and anti-sway bars. They increase control, which allows you to corner without loosing speed - which makes it easier on the brakes and requires less gas to accelerate.

11. Avoid Jack Rabbit Start, eliminate jack rabbit starts (sudden acceleration from idle). It wastes fuel. Accelerate slowly when starting from dead stop. Don't push pedal down more than 1/4 of the total foot travel.

12. Clutch and Accelerator play, don’t manipulate the clutch and accelerator to stay stationary because it wastes fuel. Use handbrake instead.

13. Shut your windows, Shutting all your car windows while driving will make your car more aerodynamic. This will improve your car's fuel efficiency. Driving with them open drastically reduces your fuel efficiency, far more so than putting the air conditioning on when motorway driving.

More tips: We Test the Tips

SakuraGuy
Zerotohundred.Com

Last edited:

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
good info. But... you forgot to add one thing,

...buy a Honda EX5... :rofl:

drMpower

May 1, 2006
i am interested with the last one.

checking tire pressures. is there any sceintific research paper on this subject?

i'm interested.

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
Great info. :adore::adore: :adore:

All 8 points except point number 2 havent tested... how much will a fuel injection cleaner cost?

By the way crusing any area that got alot of bumbs also might ruduce fuel faster. But most people like me still have to used the same road because of no other options....TT

Decarbo also helps to improve mileage. (But that cost lettle expensive la) Alrealdy provide me cruise more 5% than my usual mileage for 3 months. Hope the result will still keep maintaining or better :)

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
turning off the aircond... my wira se 4G15 manual save me about 5~10km for RM30... usually get 200km with aircond but now can get 210. But I drive for about 90kmh most of the time. Then again if you drive faster... may need to close window and switch aircond because of drag... furthermore aerodynamic start at about 110kmh, so opening ur window will interrupt ur aerodynamic... u dont want that ok?

yeah one more thing... tell me more about fuel injector cleaner thingy...

if you want to save more...
1) dont brake too much, you waste energy tht you accumulate just to reach speed before braking, and then accelerate back... meaning you try to generate energy again to regain speed.

2) Dont switch gear many times... can someone explain why?

3) Always try to use higher gear especially in highway. The higher the gear you are using the lesser energy required to move the car for certain speed. Then again, why you need to use 5th gear when traffic? The car wont move much... use appropriate gear and always try to use higher gear.

4) Reduce acceleration... always try to maintain speed

5) When downslope... use free gear... haha

6) Reduce electronic equipment usage. (eg. reduce volume of the radio... take out ICE, navi system... and give to me, lol)

Conclusion: It is all about ur right foot...

Last edited:

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
i am interested with the last one.

checking tire pressures. is there any sceintific research paper on this subject?

i'm interested.

haha... see ur own signature la... "WHO CARES ABOUT FUEL CONSUMPTION?"

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
good info. But... you forgot to add one thing,

...buy a Honda EX5... :rofl:

yeah i used to own one... love the fuel consumption, the pickup... love it.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Claim by Toyota...
Change Gear every 2k RPM or 2.5K RPM and it will safe fuel. have tested it and it really safe... My Wira normally 1 tank can go 350km only and now can reach till 420km per tank.. try it.. good luck...

Last edited:

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
Claim by Toyota...
Change Gear every 2k RPM or 2.5K RPM and it will safe fuel. have tested it and it really safe... My Wira normally 1 tank can go 350km only and now can reach till 420km per tank.. try it.. good luck...

yes... if im not mistaken... by reducing switching gear and use appropriate gear i save 2~5 km fo RM10. Which means before is RM10 = 68km, now RM10 = 70km. It is all about how u drive.

drMpower

May 1, 2006
haha... see ur own signature la... "WHO CARES ABOUT FUEL CONSUMPTION?"

that siggy was like...just days after 30cents hike last time. its like shouting to the gov: I dont give a damn for pitty 30 cents! lol

but situation has worsen and of course I care!

sob.sob :(

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
hoxy...ur wira 1.5 takes u 200km..? why so low man....it shud take u at least 450-500kms...

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
hoxy...ur wira 1.5 takes u 200km..? why so low man....it shud take u at least 450-500kms...
that is for RM30 for 200km which is like half the tank... full tank may go to 400km and if include reserve tank should be more dont know how much never tried. I control my fuel by limiting myself to refill after three days working. By doing just that (not refueling after two days etc...). Lets say on the first day fuel cunsumption looks like only can last for two days if maintain first day driving style, then on the second day drive really careful to make it to the third day without refueling. Hence I never tried full tank before because I have make it a habit to refuel every three days. hehe

Last edited:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
rm30 half tank? i wanna pump where u pump too!!! so cheap!
my rm30 goes a lil above quarter only

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
rm30 half tank? i wanna pump where u pump too!!! so cheap!
my rm30 goes a lil above quarter only
hehe... there is a technique okay... i dont know whether it is true or not or it is just my feeling. Basically you need to press the lever/nozzle thingy slowly when refuelling... see, when you fuel at a faster rate... many bubles and you basically lost some quantity, so refuel slowly. A UTP student said his lecturer tell him tht... so I have been practising tht. Hehe... so vehicle awaiting for me to done refueling need to wait a looong time, haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there i am having a vr4 enjin in my car.i have change the turbine to e3.so i am planning to boost up.whats the most suitable metal casket for it ? or i dont need a metal casket ? whats the max boost that i can go ? i have change the injector to 510cc and fuel regulator.please give advise....... thx to all sifu.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience