satria neo r3

chuttikuku

Jul 31, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
ok drove up to taiping with friends... 1000 done. now when they open for me to fix the extractor?
problems so far.

break noise. this has to get fixed. its pretty bad.
steering alignment. im not sure if this is off. but felt like i was goin left a bit.
door trim needs to be done better.
wheel arch i less than a millimeter loose. (im fussy)
driver side door lock when i pull it dont come out all the way.
fuel guage does not go to the top when i pump full tank. this is clearly wrong.
and the radio and sound settings all just reset suddenly.
gear shifting not smooth. not saying its terrible. but at times feel a bit weird (stuck).

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
Hmmm getting a little dark and checked the wheel wheel inside
The car...nicee and dim blue ..like some gay
Bar in thailand and oh the infinity tweeters made a differernce
Consider myself stage 1 upgraded...probably stay that way!
Btw the lights were blue LEDs and tapped the door open line
A simple mod.Will post some pics this week.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

So my question is finally answered. I was looking about the build in immobilizer inside the manual book but cannot find any. It looks like our car is equipped with immobilizer, at least there is one layer of protection even though it can be bypassed.

Thanks rkbella for sharing.
Cool..without it theres no cranking at all even though you can turn the systems to
Acc.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

ok drove up to taiping with friends... 1000 done. now when they open for me to fix the extractor?
problems so far.

steering alignment. im not sure if this is off. but felt like i was goin left a bit.
gear shifting not smooth. not saying its terrible. but at times feel a bit weird (stuck).[/QUOTE

Hi chutti joemocha and I live about less than an hrs drive from
Taiping. I think at 1000 kms you should have had no brake squealing.
Try not to glaze the discs and brakes by gentle touch brakes
On an empty stretch (ha ha in KL)get to more than 60 slam the brakes and repeat a few hard brakes
As I think you need to get some scrub done...I don't think it's covered in warranty
and bedding done. Worse case need to reseat the pads and Pply some grease
On the caliper pin.
Sounds also yr wheel alignment may be out too..check the r3 manual for specs as STD tyre shop
Specs aren't right.
The player did same to me too few times but no more.
The door lock when you pull it up hold it as it will try to self
Lock..check it out

naj_savvy

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
Hmmm getting a little dark and checked the wheel wheel inside
The car...nicee and dim blue ..like some gay
Bar in thailand and oh the infinity tweeters made a differernce
Consider myself stage 1 upgraded...probably stay that way!
Btw the lights were blue LEDs and tapped the door open line
A simple mod.Will post some pics this week.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Cool..without it theres no cranking at all even though you can turn the systems to
Acc.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

problems so far.

gear shifting not smooth. not saying its terrible. but at times feel a bit weird (stuck).[/QUOTE

Hi chutti joemocha and I live about less than an hrs drive from
Taiping. I think at 1000 kms you should have had no brake squealing.
Try not to glaze the discs and brakes by gentle touch brakes
On an empty stretch (ha ha in KL)get to more than 60 slam the brakes and repeat a few hard brakes
As I think you need to get some scrub done...I don't think it's covered in warranty
and bedding done. Worse case need to reseat the pads and Pply some grease
On the caliper pin.
Sounds also yr wheel alignment may be out too..check the r3 manual for specs as STD tyre shop
Specs aren't right.
The player did same to me too few times but no more.
The door lock when you pull it up hold it as it will try to self
Lock..check it out
Wait a sec... You mean your car does not suffer from break squeaking sounds?
On gear not smooth, yeah i hav that too. But it gets better as the mileage increases and now i think i can live with it. But the radio part, man...the radio signal for me is teribble man. Too much disturbance. Feels like the antenna is not long enough.

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
Yeah my brakes dont squeak. Most probsby
As I been driving more b roads than city driving.
My radio is fine especially after the headunit was replaced.
If you already have Papago it may only mean yr rf antenna cable
Connnector is loose or you have lousy reception zone he he

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
To all who ever have many interuption from the anthena for the radio signal. Please check your HU and the GPS is upgraded. GPS should be Papago not mapking and the HU is version...Ughhh i forgot. Call COE and ask for replacement for it. I used to have this kinda of problems too. Change the HU unit problem solves.

About the gear if u really want to smooth thing up just ask them to loose it and spray/put some lubricant in it, i've done that and planning to install short-shifter now for the gear console.

About the break, i have that problems before but after 1k service and in that time i said that the break squealing, the SC said they services it (but i dont know what they done it) and right now they is no sound unless i press it very very slow and little pressure on the pedal but the sound was very minimal.

Last edited:

faizansafian

Sep 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys....

just a few questions for about the car...

1) What is the latest interest rate for proton cars nowadays? Thinking of getting a 9 years loan. Can recommend your loan officer to me?.

2) Whats the warranty period for the Neo R3?. Anything like the Inspira 5 years warranty and service?

Thanks ya.....

stuffx

Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
Hi guys....

just a few questions for about the car...

1) What is the latest interest rate for proton cars nowadays? Thinking of getting a 9 years loan. Can recommend your loan officer to me?.

2) Whats the warranty period for the Neo R3?. Anything like the Inspira 5 years warranty and service?

Thanks ya.....
1) The lowest for R3 is 3.25%.

2) Warranty period is 2 years. No free 5 years service for R3 since this car does not fall under that promotion

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
whats the price difference between this and the white CPS?

is the seating position and roof been rectified?

naj_savvy

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
To all who ever have many interuption from the anthena for the radio signal. Please check your HU and the GPS is upgraded. GPS should be Papago not mapking and the HU is version...Ughhh i forgot. Call COE and ask for replacement for it. I used to have this kinda of problems too. Change the HU unit problem solves.

About the gear if u really want to smooth thing up just ask them to loose it and spray/put some lubricant in it, i've done that and planning to install short-shifter now for the gear console.

About the break, i have that problems before but after 1k service and in that time i said that the break squealing, the SC said they services it (but i dont know what they done it) and right now they is no sound unless i press it very very slow and little pressure on the pedal but the sound was very minimal.
Yeah my brakes dont squeak. Most probsby
As I been driving more b roads than city driving.
My radio is fine especially after the headunit was replaced.
If you already have Papago it may only mean yr rf antenna cable
Connnector is loose or you have lousy reception zone he he
oh didn't know that our headunit is supposed to be replaced. I am still with the mapking type. I'll get it to be replaced rightaway. thanx for the tip. Regarding the break squeak, yea i noticed mine only squeak in city and slow driving. Fast driving or highway it won't squeak.

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

whats the price difference between this and the white CPS?

is the seating position and roof been rectified?
Diff in price should be around rm20k+

Yes, seating has been lowered meaning there's more headroom space slightly compared to neo cps

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
Naj ha ha...still on the ori hu with mapking? Dude tks to K69 had mine replaced now with Papago and lik k69 mentioned radio is much better.actually overall sound is better. It's just a SW update actually but much better.
The seat is much lower compared to previous cps..I don't know if that is fixed for current cars.

chuttikuku

Jul 31, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
ok updates>>>

one problem i forgot to say is that the wipers are no good(rkbella said b4). and a bit rusted when u lift em up (like k69 said) will get them replaced.

dude i tried taking her up to speed and breaking but i cant on the roads here. EVEN THOUGH they are super clear these days stil cant break like that without someone goin up my ass.

radio, noticed its not just the stations thats messed up. its the whole thing. bluetooth n all the settings back to default. also the reception seems to have become a bit bad. and the functions like "AF" seems to not work now... which is a bit weird.

rkbella33

Known Member
Jan 7, 2011
Penang
ok updates>>>

one problem i forgot to say is that the wipers are no:biggrin: good(rkbella said b4). and a bit rusted when u lift em up (like k69 said) will get them replaced.

dude i tried taking her up to speed and breaking but i cant on the roads here. EVEN THOUGH they are super clear these days stil cant break like that without someone goin up my ass.

radio, noticed its not just the stations thats messed up. its the whole thing. bluetooth n all the settings back to default. also the reception seems to have become a bit bad. and the functions like "AF" seems to not work now... which is a bit weird.
Try to reset yr plAyer poking a little wire through the slot in front of the
Player. The ce crap sometimes plays up. Also make sure in the asp set up
Menu to turn on Bluetooth to autoconect always on. You can also
Turn on rds at this section. Also on radio menu turn on dl vs lo ..will help tune in station instead of just nearby stations in local mode.
Wiper you know this from beginning I threw mine out 1st week.
Without the r3 extractors running on Ron 97 you will feel car is a
Bit choked, wait till extractors go in. Also with STD cat the car is much heavier
In front. Remember the engine is still tight and I personally
Think synthetic oil will loosen it up more but after the first 5k kms allowing
the piston rings to bed down.
Also Remember to collect the cat, down pipe, cat cover and old gaskets
Which can costs upto 2k if you wanted to buy them.:burnout::biggrin:
Btw I also foam taped the door edges and now shuts solid without
Any rattle

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
ok updates>>>

one problem i forgot to say is that the wipers are no good(rkbella said b4). and a bit rusted when u lift em up (like k69 said) will get them replaced.

Dude seriusly get your HU change. It will solve all the problems you mention. The software for the HU really need to be update and then you will feel alot of different.

I heard this car is on limited production. Can I still get the car after the limited run is finish?
Nope, its is limited for 150 unit ONLY (if im not mistaken) or 120unit, forgot. .and if the R3 unit already finished, the only way you can get it is waiting someone selling they car.. There is one at mudah. Here's the link..(sorry cant show you the link, my office block mudah page ^^ and im lazzy to use proxy).. Its only 500km and only RM70k. . . But the interest sure you would never get 3.25 (that my interest, with maybank on 8years loan, monthly about RM949, if 9 years its 8xx smothing, if 7years its Rm10xx)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Based on my survey on relatives and friends, most of them are lazy to use extra locks (steering, gear, pedal lock) when parking their cars outside. Most of the reportedly stolen cars in this forum also didn't use extra locks. Is it that hard to do? :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience