satria neo r3

mona-vie

Mar 24, 2011
Singapore
Just a warning......... Its an addictive car...... Owning one is like getting hooked onto drugs or alcohol.

Even though my is just a normal neo, I find myself cornering at much higher speeds and its really fun.

Its also a car that NOT friendly on your wallet. Cause so many mods around and I just feel like buying all of them and do up my ride.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
surely you feel like dropping in an evo engine to match the good handling :biggrin:
so as the fellas above said addictive :love:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Fell in love with the handling of a stock normal Neo campro..auto...
I'm just wondering how this R3 will be like...I'll get myself 1 if i have the budget no doubt about it..

affiq

Known Member
Sep 6, 2007
i think its a gd car..a fren of mine just got his...and its quite a nice looking....and..quite fast...not yet installed the r3 headers...im waiting for him to install so that i can test with him..

faris.salleh

From Facebook
Jul 3, 2011
www.facebook.com
I am an existing 2011 R3 owner. Its a really nice car for drivers. If you are not, then its not meant for you. I've got a family but my Trajet and Waja will take care of family commitments. This car is meant for me. Its a personal choice. Never meant for posseurs. It is an addictive car as it can be driven hard. Best driven on twisty roads. Value for money. Some points on changes compared to normal driving cars;

1) High rev engine. But the gearing and the cams will make it easy to reach 4 to 7k rpm for the first 3 gears.
2) Since the cam is different, 7k is not the redline. You get standard CPS meter but really don't know where the redline is. I have never reached rev limiter point.
3) Yes the roofline is low. Its a good thing for drivers as you can easily assimilate with the car. I'm 175cm. Its a very personal preference.
4) Communicative Chassis; Corners can be taken at speed but if you do a lift off the back will tell you and you can adjust accordingly (as long as you don't panic).
5) FC is bad initially, but after the running in period with header replacement the ECU will adjust itself. I've done > 10k distance. I get a weekly FC of 6 to 7l/100km and that's with spirited driving. I've done 5.8l/km on long highway rides. But then enthusiastic drivers don't really care about FC. My Waja MMC is a better with FC.
6) The 2 DIN multimedia player is average. If MODE is on SD cards, it will restart to default first song everytime you switch it on. GPS is ok. Nothing to shout coz not really into it. But speakers are Blaupunkt's lowest coaxials 5.25in.
7) Rubbers RE001s are really good. They've come out with RE002s now.
8) CF filter box will rub against the liner on the hood.
9) Other drivers will try to cucok you on a daily basis.
9) Eats MyVis for breakfast, Karak highway for lunch and most CVTs for dinner.

So, if you want a Stage 2 NA hop up right out of the box, this is it. But if you need a base car to do your own setups, get the normal CPS version.

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
can we purchase neo r3 n have it tune out of the box with the neo r3 concept setup?? i would definitely love it..

Proton Satria Neo R3 Concept at KLIMS – 200 hp, 250 Nm!

Cant, last week i talk about that with the technical manager or something but the thing is it cant be done because the model (that concept car) they test and it failed, so they totally creating new model/chassis/engine (something2 that i dont know) of Satria for the turbo / supercharge version or lowering the power something like that. They need to test all kind of test, FC, durability etc etc bla bla bla.... to many... that what i remember...

PS : dont take my word as confirmation. Owh im getting it too, already booked :biggrin:

Last edited:

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hai there especially faris.salleh, mind share your car security futures? I will get mine tomorrow, really afraid about car theft now days. Any recommendation? Normal lock will sufficient or imobalizer and tracking needed.

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
damn.. im jealous of u guys.. maybe near future, i wanna own a neo r3 just for myself when it's already force inducted from the shelf.. made in malaysia all the way..!:driver:

kambing69

Known Member
Jul 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Weeeee, got mine yesterday morning~ addictive! very2... but still cant rev as much as i like b'coz engine still new, only 2xx Km so far~:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Thx.... this car was found but the victim remaining unknown... photo updated!!!

Pls Notice A Grey Colour Perodua Keliasa with No. Plate KBU1570!!!
A little gal has been kidnapped by this car las nite at North Kedah!!
Pls immediately contact me at 0174836933 if found...

Thanks!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience