Satria Neo explode in KL 2008~!!

Accelerator7

Nov 21, 2004
Ipoh
Holy sh|+...these cases have gotta support me for not buying Proton cars anymore...better get a Perodua

hypermount

Known Member
Jul 21, 2005
MELAKA
Oh another proton explosion case? LOL

Just a couple of years ago, a 4-day old GEN2 exploded

Wassup with proton?
Why pick on this?? if protons that bad where every gen.2 could burn but it's not the case cos I havent seen on buurrning...gen2's many on the road mah...

Even a merc burnt on the penang bridge causing severe traffic jams..and it's not common model compare to gen.2..harapkan we have no pics nia..

Even NEW toyota car could burn...camry somemore hehe...cars are not prefect..one or more of each model will tend to burn..supercars also have this problem

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I have heard from fren, Gen2 engine design is faulty.

I was told the fuel pump or fuel filter is located just next to the exhaust manifold or something like tat.

Anyway, at least Proton finally realize theirs car are poor quality.

Thats the reason why new Proton car price is lowest in the market now.

if Proton try to price similar to other car maker, nobody will buy proton.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
the purpose of this thread is not to fully harp on Proton's product defect but rather on the moronic attitude n service given by the service centre.......they should have at least taken some initiative to investigate first before challenging customers in such a barbaric manner.....utter nonsense.....

Accelerator7

Nov 21, 2004
Ipoh
the purpose of this thread is not to fully harp on Proton's product defect but rather on the moronic attitude n service given by the service centre.......they should have at least taken some initiative to investigate first before challenging customers in such a barbaric manner.....utter nonsense.....
This is very true...but actions are not taken against the uneducated staffs and it's Proton that needs to be blamed...they let such irrational things to happen in their official service centre and they don't take any actions to correct the situation...one thing to make Proton change (like TMNut Streamyx) is to sabo their products and services to show them customers are always right lolz

P

prolog

That camry obviously had some problems before. Maybe accident or something.
Even the number plate was in hanging mode...
Or perhaps.. who knows it was modded..

And apparently, it aint 4-day old that just came out of factory

What's your logic? If you google-image-search "car burning".. you'll see thousands more images..
Car do get burnt resulting from incorrect modding, electrical shok, incorrect mixture and etc. It's a walking heat machine.. Any type of car has potential to be blazed into flames if you don't know what you are doing..

But the only mystery was the gen2 that spontenously combusted after 4 days without modding or human's fault. It must be a design error that sparked the combustion after all the inputs happened to match. It is a low-probabilty incident which means not every new GEN2 explode. But there's still a glitch in the design.

No offence to Protonians..
Don't flame me
This is my pure opinion :)

Last edited by a moderator:

proton63t

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2007
Protons are always a poor built car............ I am NOT going to get any proton in near future although I was once driving it for 3 years (Bcoz no money)

Now driving a nissan and a honda.....Difinitely Proton is HISTORY to me.....

A new car, on a new year, kaboom like that, to me, this case is UNFORGIVENABLE. Proton should replace another BRAND NEW neo to the owner, NOT fixing it!

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
the camry is not registered yet.

the hanging plates are actually blue in background color and it's a trade plate for unregistered cars to be allowed to drive on public roads.

stop harping on one proton that has been burnt. dun like it? then dun buy it. simple as that.

what about many bmws who actually burst to flames on impact or accident? seen that many times in kl traffic jams. what about you?

integram

Known Member
Apr 10, 2007
dats reli bad bro..... they shud b resposible for dis...

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Product recall!!! Hahaha.

No la. Seriously. I can only say the car he got was defective. Nothing more than that. Thousands more Neo on the road since it was launched, Should the thousands more self combust within a specified time?

Whats more the belief that imported cars are better than local cars should be squashed for all i care. Its not that true anymore. I saw a lambo muercilago stalled in the middle of the road last year in traffic jam. A car worth few million can refuse to work just like that. Not to say the countless BMW, Merc and even toyota which are only 1 year or less that stalled by the roadside. Can anyone explain that? Should i not buy these cars just because i saw them fault for some reason or another?

Would u buy a mazda MPV when there is an advertisment by a person saying he was saved from a bad crash by a good design?

Would you buy a VW just because it is said/rumoured/reviewed to be very reliable?

What about a new 2007 Skyline GTR? Even when the horrors of crashing a car that is beyond your ability? Which could probably be from the intrusive or failure of the high tech electronics?

So a Neo combust? So what? I saw lorry and bus self combust at Federal highway. Should people not transport their goods or not taking public transport?

Yes safety matters. But no to the point that everyone must drive a Volvo.

Its like the petrol price and cooking oil thing. Hate hate hate, rumour, rumour, and misguided pictorial proof.

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
i dont think its the burning problem that causes hatred to proton...its their service and products which sucks a lot and aint worth paying for...plus the value of the proton depretiaties more...the moment u buy this new car...next week u see proton lowers the price for some sort of stupid promotion...
Heck...i would rather buy another car...thank you for cheating me...my 20 year old junk is far better than proton...

Civic-R

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Earth
Visit site
If Proton didn't backed by govt,do u think they can survived until today?Always take leftover parts & then mould it a bit then started to sell to Msians.Always think us Msians stupid or retarded.Wira into Arena & Gen2 into Persona.Is time u guys tell every1 DON'T support Proton anymore.V r just making them more richer!!:mad:

DOHC

Mar 26, 2007
stop harping on one proton that has been burnt. dun like it? then dun buy it. simple as that.
Proton still survives because of some idiotic retards like you..

What's so good about it anyway?

I know you are driving proton
But just accept the truth will ya?

PROTON SUCKS

gagek7

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
seremban/tambun
we are actually arguing about the service center and the after sales services...they dare the owner to sue them because they think they are strong by having the government backing them up...
that is simply not acceptable.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

If I want to install an oil cooler, is it a must to upgrade my oil sump as well?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience