Satria Neo CPS vs Neo Mivec

fastlearner

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
Kota Damn
Hi guys,

I'm thinkin of buying a Satria Neo but unsure of which one should i choose. I found this

Proton Satria Neo Mivec CK - Cars for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

and few other completed Neo + Mivec but still thinking whether to choose that or Neo CPS. What concerns me is the reliability issue as this is gonna be my daily driven car. I drove a B.O.T car before and i know how it feels like to keep goin back & forth to workshop to get it to it's optimum setup. That's why now i'm thinkin of switching to N.A, BUT as a petrolhead like most of us here, I dont want a car that is underpower cos i heard from a lot of my mates that Neo CPS is exactly that. Can we mod the CPS engine to at least at par with the old 1.6 Mivec? or is it too ambitious? Or is it a whole lot easier just to get the one that is already converted? I'm not in any way trying to provoke anything here, just want honest opinion/thoughts etc.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi guys,

I'm thinkin of buying a Satria Neo but unsure of which one should i choose. I found this

Proton Satria Neo Mivec CK - Cars for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

and few other completed Neo + Mivec but still thinking whether to choose that or Neo CPS. What concerns me is the reliability issue as this is gonna be my daily driven car. I drove a B.O.T car before and i know how it feels like to keep goin back & forth to workshop to get it to it's optimum setup. That's why now i'm thinkin of switching to N.A, BUT as a petrolhead like most of us here, I dont want a car that is underpower cos i heard from a lot of my mates that Neo CPS is exactly that. Can we mod the CPS engine to at least at par with the old 1.6 Mivec? or is it too ambitious? Or is it a whole lot easier just to get the one that is already converted? I'm not in any way trying to provoke anything here, just want honest opinion/thoughts etc.

can...just plonk in r3 camshaft and a few other go fast bits for cps then can get same level as the mivec or even better.... :adore:

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
If you go Dastek mivec stock can get 170 also. Some more that satria undersize his wheels, so the speed is not accurate.

fastlearner

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
Kota Damn
Thanks for the info bro! Ok lets go back to the main issue - "reliability". Will continue with the "power obsession" discussion later on, LOL

Obviously nothing is more reliable than the stock engine. BUT, assuming the conversion is done properly, will it be as good? I dont mind the minor2 probs, its normal to have small hiccups here and there etc but in the long run, will it be hard to maintain? Any well-known issue i need to know? Any Neo + Mivec owners wanna share their thoughts/experience?

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
hey bro, im not a neo driver but also using campro (non cps).....

when u say to be at par with mivec, what are u referring to? engine output? sprint time? handling? reliability?

hard to say.... in my case.... when it come to sprint time its better to use gearbox with ratio of 4.8 or 4.6..... cps is 4.3 n my waja is 4.0 if not mistaken..... last time when i used the 4.0 std gearbox, the sprint time was bad but top speed was achieved tremendously for a 1.6 engine.... now im on exora 4.6 gearbox same as neo lotus f1 and i can say the sprint timw was improved significantly....

well, what i did to my campro are simple but costly mods hehehe, then only u can get the power bro.... high cams, nastyportflow stage3 pnp head n intake manifold, haltech sprint500, fully balanced engine, custom exhaust system, lightened 8.5 inch flywheel + race clutch, exora gearbox, all bolt-on parts (open pod airfilter, cai, plugs, pulleys, etc)....... but so far i still cant rev as high as the std mivec... dunno about cps... my redline now is only 7800rpm..... but i have been driving with this spec daily to work and so far so good... just make sure service as scheduled using high grade lubricants and use ron 97 and above..... thats's costly n expensive in the long run....!

with this spec the campro is a really thirsty bugger, not suitable for long distance travel cos telan minyak kaw2....

Last edited:

fastlearner

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
Kota Damn
Hi bro, when i said "at par" it means engine output/hp/torque. Anyway nice mod u got there bro! Car must be flying!
As for me, for this car, im not gonna mod to the max as i got the other car to play with. I'm just gonna do a simple I.H.E + piggyback to compromise power & reliability. Like i mentioned earlier, I want a reliable BUT not underpower car for daily drive. That's why im choosing between Neo CPS or Neo Mivec. I know of cos Mivec will be better in terms of power but will it be reliable? (assuming the conversion is done properly)
And again like i mentioned earlier, I dont mind the minor2 probs, its normal to have small hiccups here and there etc but in the long run, will it be hard to maintain? Any well-known issue i need to know? Any Neo + Mivec owners wanna share their thoughts/experience? :dontknow:

fastlearner

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
Kota Damn
Ok i've made up my mind, im gonna go for Neo Mivec. So anyone who knows anybody who wants to sell off their Neo Mivec, pls PM me. Cheers!

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
campro = rubbish engine.. sluglish, very low end torque.. sori to say la
i know campro has lower hp compare to mivec.. but when on the road.. tuned campro beat mivec. maybe bcoz mivec has lost few horses due to aging.
bro.. i've smoked wira mivec once. kaw-kaw kena smoked.. sorry to say. fyi, my campro has lower hp than stock mivec 4g92. just 169hp and 196nm torque (on engine). btw, what do u drive? :thefinger:

Last edited: