Satria Neo CPS problem

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Aiyo with all these negative comments, I guess i would reconsidering to get a satria neo.
But the fact is its handling is irresistible.

Bump: Aiyo with all these negative comments, I guess i would reconsidering to get a satria neo.
But the fact is its handling is irresistible.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Its not that bad. I havent regretted it. You just have to DIY a bit and sort out the quirks yourself instead of relying on proton's professional mechanics.

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
You're having a manual or a auto 1? overall how do u feel about its performance ?

Bump: You're having a manual or a auto 1? overall how do u feel about its performance ?

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
manual...defeats the pleasure of driving if you get the auto bro...

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
I just took delivery of my Neo CPS about 2 days ago.
Gave it all the once over and found that the panel in the boot where you have the two handles to pull the boot lid down were missing the screw fasteners.... the dealership fixed that on the spot and at the same time replaced the battery since they suspected that the battery was faulty (it took a tiny bit too long to start).
Other than that the car is pretty much alright....

When the CPS kicks in the rush is so much fun~

Haven't tried it's top speed yet~ sill running it in.:wavey:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Congrats Achmed....

Have lots of fun, which I did...I am into the DIY mods on the Neo now..kinda like poison. Once you jump into it, it gets to you and there goes the weekends.

But its a great way to destress. Take care buddy.

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Congrats Achmed....

Have lots of fun, which I did...I am into the DIY mods on the Neo now..kinda like poison. Once you jump into it, it gets to you and there goes the weekends.

But its a great way to destress. Take care buddy.
DIY mods kaaa? Aiyoo~ what could you DIY lah? If you an engineer than i suppose you know what you are doing.

Yes yes I am having so much fun, as apposed to 5 years driving a '96 1.6 Satria Auto which got me bored to death of plus the high maintenance bcoz it's such an old car.

I am looking into adding a top strut for the front... Ultra racing seems to be pretty decent. Btw... I noticed that in 3rd gear the CPS engine has a tiny tiny hiccup around 3k rpm on the way to 4.5k rpm. Does anyone know why and is this normal kah?

Owh and one more..... the keyhole is suppose to have a light kan?

Last edited:

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
DIY mods kaaa? Aiyoo~ what could you DIY lah? If you an engineer than i suppose you know what you are doing.

Yes yes I am having so much fun, as apposed to 5 years driving a '96 1.6 Satria Auto which got me bored to death of plus the high maintenance bcoz it's such an old car.

I am looking into adding a top strut for the front... Ultra racing seems to be pretty decent. Btw... I noticed that in 3rd gear the CPS engine has a tiny tiny hiccup around 3k rpm on the way to 4.5k rpm. Does anyone know why and is this normal kah?

Owh and one more..... the keyhole is suppose to have a light kan?
Guys, wat DIY ur guys r talking about???

I've installed UR top strut bar....they have to customize it for me coz it's not same wit normal neo. I guess they have mass produce it since i'm the first one to bcome white mice..

Bro, 3rd gear tiny hiccup? Mine 2nd gear major big hiccup......sent to Center of Excellence and they coulnd't find out wat happen :(

Bump: By the way, anyone neo cps having rattling sound problem from dashboard??

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, wat DIY ur guys r talking about???

I've installed UR top strut bar....they have to customize it for me coz it's not same wit normal neo. I guess they have mass produce it since i'm the first one to bcome white mice..

Bro, 3rd gear tiny hiccup? Mine 2nd gear major big hiccup......sent to Center of Excellence and they coulnd't find out wat happen :(

Bump: By the way, anyone neo cps having rattling sound problem from dashboard??
Ehhh...the 3rd gear hiccup is gone for some reason. But now 2nd gear got hiccup~ haih~ berantu le this thing.

No, no rattling sound from dashboard for me~

Eh the UR strut for standard neo wont fir Ne CPS ngam ngam ka? Aiyoooo dont want to modify ler like that.....compromise the quality of the strut oledi lor.

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
Ehhh...the 3rd gear hiccup is gone for some reason. But now 2nd gear got hiccup~ haih~ berantu le this thing.

No, no rattling sound from dashboard for me~

Eh the UR strut for standard neo wont fir Ne CPS ngam ngam ka? Aiyoooo dont want to modify ler like that.....compromise the quality of the strut oledi lor.

Yap same as mine...3rd hiccup gone...but 2nd gear got major hiccup....check wit T.A from Center of Excellence for few times....they still duno wat happen!!! I think this can't b solve...
If u manage to solve it let me noe bro....

Iya, u so lucky no rattling sound....my rattling sound makes me so damn piss off.....

The previous UR strut for normal neo not fit in CPS coz the air filter hose too big. Apparently they need to custom made one which already in my neo cps now...

c00lric

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Guys, I've the money ready to make the purchase but after reading all the post from this thread, I'm having 2nd thought of getting the NEO CPS. It's such big let down. Proton, where's the quality controL?

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Rattling sound I had too...mine is the plastic cover below the steering. I insulates the metal areas with rubber padding..solved it.

Now my driver side panel rattling when the speaker bass thumps...hai kena take out and look for the source...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Aston Martin is launching an exciting new one-make race series for Asia. This follows the announcement of two new Aston Martin dealerships in Shanghai and Beijing.

Called the Aston Martin Asia Cup (AMAC), the series starts in 2008 and will consist of 12 races throughout the Asia Pacific region including China, Japan, Malaysia and Singapore. Each race will feature a grid of 18 Aston Martin Vantage N24s, a 4.3 litre race-developed evolution of the V8 Vantage which has been proven in endurance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience