Satria Gti with Mivec OEM Extractor

Md Ekal

Known Member
Jul 19, 2011
Gurun/Kedah
Recently I read somewhere in the forum/blog (forget already) about MIVEC extractor install to Satri GTi

The question is, will I gain some performance difference if I change my stock extractors to the above mentioned one. Does the change affects any sensors as I do not want the Engine Check Light to light up after the swap.

For those who have installed one in their cars what's the difference and gains in terms of hp difference, or is there any torque improvement throughout the RPM range. Please advice

TIA (Thanks In Advance)

:hmmmm:

intervener

Oct 18, 2008
Whether it is GTI or Mivec Extractor they are both the same. But if you want to put an extractor please choose the Mivec with OEM Cusco design as it will provide better increase in both horsepower and torque. Other alternative is to try NS Performance extractor (Shah Alam).

Note the most important thing is you must affix an good aluminium shield to the extractor if you don't want the heat emanated from the Extractor to cause damages to the air-cond rubber hose curled near the fan.

The Check Engine Light will not come out unless the installer "purposely" damage the other internal parts of the engine.

Good Luck

Md Ekal

Known Member
Jul 19, 2011
Gurun/Kedah
Whether it is GTI or Mivec Extractor they are both the same. But if you want to put an extractor please choose the Mivec with OEM Cusco design as it will provide better increase in both horsepower and torque. Other alternative is to try NS Performance extractor (Shah Alam).

Note the most important thing is you must affix an good aluminium shield to the extractor if you don't want the heat emanated from the Extractor to cause damages to the air-cond rubber hose curled near the fan.

The Check Engine Light will not come out unless the installer "purposely" damage the other internal parts of the engine.

Good Luck
Thx with the answer....

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
put mivec head bro, then u will cry happiness
after that stay away from vtecs, otherwise u'll keep crying for cams, pistons, ems, better ratios and the list goes on...:nurse:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
If u are look for performance improvement,
go for aftermarket header is much better then OEM header.
My mivec OEM header is replaced with aftermarket header since 1st day I received my halfcut.
:biggrin:

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
I was on the mivec stock extractor (matspeed cams 272/272),
then powerzone tuned length (matspeed cams 272/272),
finally settled for the r3 4-1 headers (paired with rpw cams 280/280).
Even with the mivec head i was on the r3 headers (mivec jun cams and finally mivec custom duration)
Nice boxer like sound on the r3 too!

That was then, now i think they have replica hytech/tonnka headers custom built for the 4g9x series..

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
That was then, now i think they have replica hytech/tonnka headers custom built for the 4g9x series..
yup....am running on the tonnka 4-2-1 setup. for absolute top hp fugures the r3 4-1's is best so far. but 4-2-1 u get better torque figures with few hp lower.

depends on what u want from ur machine:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi evryone,
i have a proton putra that is completely na right now and i am wondering whether i shld change to rvr engine.
i have neva done this kind of halfcut stuff bfre nor do i have any previous knowledge on this topic
so to all u who have done this kind of thing i would very much appreciate ur feedback on this topic
the kind of things i am looking to know is such as:
a)is rvr rs turbo good(i am getting is coz i want an auto car plain and simple)
b)what are the things to look out...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience