satria gti? putra?

emo

Jul 17, 2005
subang jaya
Dudes ,
i'm new here and i need some advice..

(1)putra and gti are using 1.8 engines,but are they the same
specs? or gti more powerful?.

(2)in terms of performance(stock egine) which is the best?
their bhp? max speed? power-weight ratio?

(3)im planning to buy a second-hand either gti or putra..
a year 2000 gti price range around 45000-49000 while a
1999/2000 putra would only set me around 40000-45000..
which is more worthy?

hope to hear soon..
tq~

natureguy

Oct 4, 2004
if u not planning to modify use it as stock i think beter guess gti in coz beter handling... but putra faster coz power to weight ratio....

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Engine is the same i think its 4G93P right?... correct me if i'm wrong... the difference is that the later gti's uses a different ECU

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
definately a putra...
body damn chun...handling also good..
if wanna get gti then muz get those b4 year 2000..else its using siemen cu..'bluek'

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
personally speaking, GTi would be the one to choose.

its lighter than putra a;though the power output is rated similar and the difference in weight maybe less than 100kg. so power-to-weight ratio goes to GTi.

GTi is using standard 16" wheels which gives superb handling and firm ride but it may lose slightly upon launch if compare to Putra with standard 14"wheels.

GTi's suspension system had been tuned by Lotus, and its job a well done. Though Lotus weren't allowed to tune the powertrain (due to cost factor) they had done something to make the GTI more quiet inside.

Putra is good, but to find a decent used example is hard due to most had been thrashed by their previous owner.

Either car is nice to drive, but both SGTi and Putra is ageing...and might as well to wait for new SRM...dunno when will be launched. but i think worth to wait.

cheers.

Last edited:

bobo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Klang Mali
it all depends on u want 2 mod or u use it stock.. if stock get gti with the mitsu ecu.. siemens ecu useless wan..

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Exterior look definitely Putra look more fierce.

I also don't know how to choose, both also thumbs up. (2 doors car) :D

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
putra is lighter than GTi ler
just because GTi looks smaller doesn't mean it's lighter :D

reedoor

2,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
KL & JB
Visit site
hey bro,
i was facing the same problem as u're facing now. but until the end, i chosed a GTi, for me, GTI is newer and comes with designed bodykits while for Putra, u might need to spend somemore money for the kits & paint job, or even modification on de car handling & suspension.

i got my 2001 GTI on this March for 47k, n so, i think u can get 1 yr2000 for around 45k.

i went to Dreamcars tat day & chat with those R3 ppl, & 1 of the malay guy told me tat GTI with siemens ECU started only by late 2001, & he mentioned to me tat looking at ur filter intake arm area, if there's a "block thing" (which im not sure wat is tat yet) over there, its MMC. If without the thing, then is siemens. But im not so sure yet, need to confirm again with other GTI owners.

all GTI sifus, please correct me if im wrong. Thx!

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
The "block" thing is actually your MAF sensor. Take out your airbox and you'll see a honeycomb metal there.

Another way to tell is to look at the throttle body (where your accelerator cable is connected to). Siemens has this big black piece of plastic which looks like a currypuff (hence the karipap term) while MMC has 3 pins on top to distinguish. If i'm not mistaken Siemens also has an additional sensor/plug on top of the intake manifold.

The final way to tell is to drive both cars. You'll know which one is MMC the moment you hit the accelerator ;)

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
zan said:
personally speaking, GTi would be the one to choose.

its lighter than putra a;though the power output is rated similar and the difference in weight maybe less than 100kg. so power-to-weight ratio goes to GTi.

GTi is using standard 16" wheels which gives superb handling and firm ride but it may lose slightly upon launch if compare to Putra with standard 14"wheels.

GTi's suspension system had been tuned by Lotus, and its job a well done. Though Lotus weren't allowed to tune the powertrain (due to cost factor) they had done something to make the GTI more quiet inside.

Putra is good, but to find a decent used example is hard due to most had been thrashed by their previous owner.

Either car is nice to drive, but both SGTi and Putra is ageing...and might as well to wait for new SRM...dunno when will be launched. but i think worth to wait.

cheers.
Errr..Putra IS lighter than SGTi.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, SGTi is the heaviest of the big 3 (Putra, Wira 1.8LE, SGTi) - thanks to the improved ride quality (reduced NVH).

A Putra for me, why?

Coz there are tonnes of SGTi wannabes out there (1.3/1.5 in SGTi bodykits).

Just my 0.00002 cents.

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
emo said:
Dudes ,
i'm new here and i need some advice..

(1)putra and gti are using 1.8 engines,but are they the same
specs? or gti more powerful?.

(2)in terms of performance(stock egine) which is the best?
their bhp? max speed? power-weight ratio?

(3)im planning to buy a second-hand either gti or putra..
a year 2000 gti price range around 45000-49000 while a
1999/2000 putra would only set me around 40000-45000..
which is more worthy?

hope to hear soon..
tq~
hi..

1. basically... both use the same engine 4g93p... later version diff. on ecu

2. perfomance... almost same, maybe hav just alittle difference.. can ignore

3. which one more worthy? depend on ur 'minat' dude!!
after dis, u gonna drive dat... if u r referring to the market price... then go for GTi.. cos GTi quiet new and putra almost a decade now... if u wan to taste the 'exclusive'.... go for putra...

putra = putra <-- no way u can convert anything to jadi putra
Satria GTi = either orignal GTi @ satria wif bodikit...

mine...
i hav putra yr 97...
come n join the princely alliance !!!

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
There are still some "new" Putras being sold. Don't know if there's still stock but you can visit the Selayang PE to enquire. Still on MMC system, AFAIK. Only thing missing is the MOMO wheel.

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
prozac said:
There are still some "new" Putras being sold. Don't know if there's still stock but you can visit the Selayang PE to enquire. Still on MMC system, AFAIK. Only thing missing is the MOMO wheel.
hi..

found that kind of ad. in motortrader... don remember when...
i don think its the new one... mayb they wan to clear old stock... summore i heard of new interior lining n trimming... is it? anybody can update this?

MOMO is missing???
then they replace wif what?

how about the other spec..? still 14" rim?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Woman Fights Robber, Cops Have to Rescue Him n the robber lost his nuts too muahahaha!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience