Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neo R3 RS

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
bro, i think u r comparing neo r3 with satria gti non r3. i know 4g93 already approximately 160bhp stock.. but with additional of R3 parts like camshaft, remapped ecu, full exhaust system, upgraded disc brake n racing pads, lighten body, etc.. gti r3 would be a lot faster than neo r3 lotus. but im not saying neo r3 lotus is not fast, its just a tuned car with alot of dead weight..

bikerz

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
ummm correct me if im wrong but i tot the 145hp version is 80k wor...
of coz 2nd hand la bro.. its no more on production

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

I'm the 1st person here to suggest Satria Neo R3 (145hp)...because its newer..
It's 1.6L got higher power than 1.8L Satria GTi...and similar in torque..
That 4G93 engine should be older thus losing more power since then...

For end-to-end performance surely the Satria GTi will be better..its lighter..and simpler..

I won't trade a little bit of performance for a lot of safety, tech and reliability.

oh, wait..that 145hp is the Lotus Racing edition...definitely a must have!
I suspect its the not-lotus-racing edition with extra R3 modification..so, its not stock then..
well i consider this as stock..

Proton R3 Satria Neo officially launched - RM79,797

revfast

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Selangor
Visit site
Personally I like the 1800cc torque. This baby is getting old already, probably you need to solve the rusting issue. For 35k to get a gti is abit overprice, and its hard to get those MMC model with good condition.

For Neo R3, I would say it is abit of lacking power:hmmmm:... But in terms of handling, it is sweet.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
bro, i think u r comparing neo r3 with satria gti non r3. i know 4g93 already approximately 160bhp stock.. but with additional of R3 parts like camshaft, remapped ecu, full exhaust system, upgraded disc brake n racing pads, lighten body, etc.. gti r3 would be a lot faster than neo r3 lotus. but im not saying neo r3 lotus is not fast, its just a tuned car with alot of dead weight..
But wiki says that it 'only' have 138hp..

Mitsubishi 4G9 engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

of coz 2nd hand la bro.. its no more on production

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

well i consider this as stock..

Proton R3 Satria Neo officially launched - RM79,797
i thought the black roof version only have 135hp..sorry my mistake..that one is the 2008 black Neo R3..

yes, the 2011 red 'black roof' Neo R3 have 145hp..

Personally I like the 1800cc torque. This baby is getting old already, probably you need to solve the rusting issue. For 35k to get a gti is abit overprice, and its hard to get those MMC model with good condition.

For Neo R3, I would say it is abit of lacking power:hmmmm:... But in terms of handling, it is sweet.
but, the Satria GTi have 167nm torque..
Neo R3 have 168nm...so its similar..

peterfrancis

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
Yup power figures for both are similar. no 160 hp nonsense at stock, in fact sadly, many have been dyno'ed at far less :-(
Neo has a much stiffer chassis, but a higher centre of gravity from my experience, or at least it feels like that!
GTI vs NEO power and torque are similar, but the main question is at what rpm those figures come in (torque and hp curves) and the useable powerband within normal driving ranges. Also, the time taken to reach those peak figures.
Nowadays seems like there are more parts for the neo versus the gti for hop ups anyway :-)

bikerz

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008

Yes a bit overprice, but the car is owned by my friend, bought since brand new (first batch), and no modification ever done. Thats the only pros for this specific GTi.

BTW, at what price is reasonable for the GTi?

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
if i have the opportunities i'll opt for R3 SGTi.. only will go for Neo IF it is the LOTUS edition R3. :love:

maze

Known Member
Jan 16, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
the only thing that i didn't like about the Satria GTi R3 is their Siemens/VDO ecu.. if u wanna go for Satria GTi make sure you get the MMC version.. but one thing not good about Satria GTi is thieves really really favor them.. always make sure your parking spot is secure

tangtang22

Jul 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yes a bit overprice, but the car is owned by my friend, bought since brand new (first batch), and no modification ever done. Thats the only pros for this specific GTi.

BTW, at what price is reasonable for the GTi?

I m assuming ur referring to 1999-2001 Satria GTIs, which should be around 16K to RM20K when buying from private seller.

Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The satria GTi was my fav car during high school and could never got my parents to get me one then. 10 years later and i Just bought one as a weekend/ toy car. Mine is a year 2000 model and bought it stock for 23k. Loving every single minute of it. Weekend drives to the mamak and grocery shoppings becomes an exciting track day! The only problem is that I dont wanna mod it to keep its originality and cult status but hands are getting itchy! I implore any one who has the spare cash,go and grab one.. never fails to make me smile even when i gotta run errands. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Maranello, Italy. 1st September 2018:

Ferrari, most people would know them as Formula 1 champions, and makers of expensive supercars.

View attachment 572014
Tomorrow is Monza, Ferrari’s own backyard. Kimi and Vettel 1-2 starting grid. Will they achieve a 1-2 finish?

The prancing horse is the epitome of performance automotive machines. Is it the best? The most advanced? The most exotic? Not necessarily. But when you mention supercars, the first make that come to people’s minds all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience