Sard Fuel Regulator whistling?

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Reposted it here hope to get more respond :(.

Video recorded by ipad2
YouTube - Sard fuel regulator whistle?

I've bought a New Original Sard Fuel Regulator Standard yesterday and install it on the day itself. After installation, the Sard FR is making some high pitch noise constantly at the pressure of 2bar and above during idle, the sound is like an airplane sound, similar to when the car has lack of earth and when the audio player is on, the similar sound can be heard through speaker. So we tested below 2bar, and the sound disappear. Again we set to 2bar, it appear. Even when driving, the sound constantly appear until 4000 rpm rev and above, it disappear, and return when below 4000 rpm. Is like hearing the fuel travelling sound, or i dunno?
I've tried unplug the vacuum hose on top of the FR, and the sound gone. But appear again when i plug it back. What could be the possible cause of this?

Not to say during starting my car, the weird sound sure appear, and i know this one is quite famous cause i've owned a Sard FR last time and it happened to be like this also, but not as often as this NEW one, which the sound 99% sure appear when starting.

Last edited:

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Hi there, I faced the same problem here but with Works regulator. W long whistling sound during cold start & a constant high pitch whistling when at low rpm.

The seller told me to adjust the regulator from minimum to maximum for a few times purportedly to align back the shaft inside the regulator & the sound should go away. Have not have time to do that yet but will try it out & keep you posted.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Have tried the above mentioned solution but it doesnt work for Sard. Maximizethe pressure to 4bar, and lower it back to 1.5bar, and again and again, when it almost reach 4bar, the sound is even worse, even the entire workshop can hear the whistle sound. I even took out the entire nipple, blow the nipple with blower, put teflon on it and screw it back, and none of it helps.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
iam using sard fuel r. ori too, same noise like urs.....just dun care
How long have u been using it?

May i know that, does anyone know if AFR really make some noise when running? sort of like oil traveling sound? Sounds like electric short circuit sound? Has anyone notice it before?

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
I had the same experience last time with me evo..but it was with the fake sard fpr..few months after that i had fuel problem and found out the fpr diaphragm was leaking...when u take out the vacum hose u can smell gasoline or even worse the gasoline was leaking through the nipple..luckily the engine didnt kong...changed to ori sard then no sound anymore..

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
funny!! never heard any noise from so many evo we have around with SARD FR.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
no noise,,,maybe a slightly noise when pop up the bonnet
funny!! never heard any noise from so many evo we have around with SARD FR.

Have u guys really hold the FR and put it beside your ears and hear whether got sound or not?
Now i relocate it further from the dashboard, and no sound d. But when i put the FR beside my ears, i can hear running fuel sound, which i assumed is normal, and i guess no one will do like what i did..hahahah
Anyway, FR problem probably settle, but now come to turbo... Shaft pata :(