Saga / Iswara Rear Brake Disc Solution

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
the problem will always be with the knuckle , alot of people who use the vr4 knuckle are not aware that the tie end rod is not compatible with the knuckle , yes it will fit but there will be some problems with the camber adjustments later on .

so best way is to use back the standard knuckle & bearing and match it with the brake set .

about the hose , im not sure if perdana is the same with wira , if its the same then it should fit , if not have to change to the wira 1.6 hose .

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
so wat is wrong wit my fren brake set when the mech say the the center place on the knuckle canno fit...?

he mention hose...i say change em..
he mention bearing...i say change em...
then call me again...dunno wat n y cannot fit in...

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Mitsu Supertouring (E12A code) front disk set. It's ventilated, with bigger caliper, and plug n play for Saga/Iswara. I'm using one right now.

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
perdana's knuckle is different bro...

its not likek Vr4 , galant , or Wira ..

the screw hole for the perdana absorber is also different..

if u want to use the disc and calliper , find a vr4/ Galant knuckle then reuse the perdana disc and callipers.. perdana's knuckle cannot use on iswara/saga.

maybe rear can...

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
vestax said:
the problem will always be with the knuckle , alot of people who use the vr4 knuckle are not aware that the tie end rod is not compatible with the knuckle , yes it will fit but there will be some problems with the camber adjustments later on .

so best way is to use back the standard knuckle & bearing and match it with the brake set .

about the hose , im not sure if perdana is the same with wira , if its the same then it should fit , if not have to change to the wira 1.6 hose .
Yeah Bro,

i just found the problem when i sent my car for allignment..

the fella said i have to change back to my original iswara knuckle....

hmm...

i did the tie rod end hole and changed it to upwards like the original.

but still my camber got probs... hmm...

any ideas bro vestax ?

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
I found a REAR ETERNA disc i think...

Are the Eterna Rear Discs ventilated ?

its ventilated, i seldom find these... can this be fitted into an iswara..

looks like it can...

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
darkbob said:
Yeah Bro,

i just found the problem when i sent my car for allignment..

the fella said i have to change back to my original iswara knuckle....

hmm...

i did the tie rod end hole and changed it to upwards like the original.

but still my camber got probs... hmm...

any ideas bro vestax ?
the only way is to change to the iswara knuckle & match it with what ever disk brake you are using , if not u`ll have never ending camber problems .

mitshu_saga

Known Member
Apr 8, 2005
k.l
bro....
if i buy evo3 rear disc can plug n play in my iswara ma?cos i really don't wan to change my rim.....and how many inches is the disc?can 15'' rim can go in again ar?

apexi3016

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
bro vestax....just like u bought the PCD 100 hub for your rear disc,

cant we purchase the same hub with PCD 114.3 that are meant for
mirage? before that , do they actually still sell those?? coz if they do, i'm sure you would have done it rite....??? just wondering....

one of your solution is to machine the original hub and use it as a hub rite,
and the next step would be to redrill the PCD 100 disc to PCD 114.3 to fit on to
the iswara machined drum a.k.a hub rite, but would'nt this change the offset.....
the change of offset would of course depend on the thickness of the disc that is put on the machined hub.

the alteration of the offset by a few mm's would'nt be a problem, but the thing is, is it possible to go around this....my idea was to maybe machine the rear of the machined drum a.k.a hub by the thickeness of the disc which is gonna be used.....but since i have no clear picture of the rear of the machined drum a.k.a hub, i do not know is this is possible, because i'm sure there will be a bearing in its way...

not too sure abt this rear disc brake stuff...but i was just wondering...its a small thing actually but could it be actually done...

thanx.....

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
apexi ,
well the problem is , i don't have the sample unit to show to the spare part shop , if i can retain the part number then , there might be luck on getting the PCD 114.3 insted of PCD 100 . i couldn't be bothered about changing to pcd 114.3 for the back because im runing on 8 hole rims , so for those who has 4 hole rim , might have some problems .

well if you can see a clear picture of how to machine the drum brake , then it very simple to understand . basically the drum brake has 4 bolts which is PCD 114.3 now make a circle around the 4 bolts and then ask the machine shop to cut according the circle , once it has been cut , it will look exactly the same as an original disc brake hub . i hope you get what i mean . then from there you can simple fit in the disc .

by using your drum to be a hub , the offset might be lower , say our rear offset is +38 it might go out to +35 or +33 depending on the tickness of the disc , but then again i bet it will clear the arch if you rim is +38 , +40 .

i use to run on +25 at the rear , which has no clearence at all , which is why my car had to be jongkang jongket .

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
hmm..

i have changed my front knuckles to Wira knuckles and redrilled the tie rod hole so the tie rod would insert from upwards..

still chamber probs. haha...

Now i am really tired of this.. hehe...

How to match the iswara knuckles with Vr4 knuckles ??

are their hub the same ?? hmm....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, I got car care products to sell, high quality one…..

Silicone Glaze Car Polish 500ml RM 28
(powerful formula that lifts grease, grime and even dull,
Oxidized surfaces in to polished gleam that lasts for months)

Instant Tyre Shine 350g RM 18
(come with unique ‘fan noodle’ for better control and special 180o valve
For even application even when upside down.)

Car Wash-made in USA 1 liter RM 24
(does not strip off car’s polish or protective wax,
Concentrated form give up to 200...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience