1. Hello! We've made major changes to both the Forums and Marketplace section recently. Please join the discussion and tell us your feedback! Read Here for urgent matters, send an email to forums@zerotohundred.com | Update: User Like count is back | Current Progress: Adding improvments to The Marketplace
    Dismiss Notice

Saga BLM overheat

Discussion in 'Car Talk' started by sharif5865, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharif5865

sharif5865 5 Year | Silver

Hi sifus.... sorry for interupting... I wanna ask.. I have Saga BLM 2008,,, the problem is,,, I have already check,, there is no leaking on radiator,, just change the motor of the fan,., but when I drive without air con is ok... but if I on the air cond,, when I just stop for example traffic lights,, the temperature just increase and the air cond feels hot... what is the problem?? I noob in cars but I suspect the culprit is the thermostats... can I remove it and just direct it??

2. vr2turbo

vr2turbo Moderator
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Never remove your thermostat.
    Check whether your fan is working and/or at optimum speed, since you mention air con hot when stop at traffic lights...

3. nyantong

nyantong Senior Member

Check your radiator ventilation to make sure that there is nothing blocking the radiator. Also check your radiator cap to make sure that its still ok. Finally check for any minor leaks that can cause temperature to rise

4. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

are you using coolant or just water? These days weather too hot to be using only water

5. sharif5865

ventilation is ok,, there is no leak,, but I thing the culprit is the fan.... sometimes it turn,, but sometimes it doesnt turn... I didnt know why,, I have change the radiotor motor,, but still the the problem is there again.... Maybe I should send it to SC Proton??? but my warranty has ended....

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

I use coolant before,, but after overheat,, I reflush to check the leak in the radiator... so now the car didnt use coolant for now..

6. abunawas

abunawas 5 Year | Silver

your water temp switch checked?

7. amrancharger

amrancharger Senior Member

i tink u already found the solution.
    bring it to your mech and ask them to change for u and check the fan fuse as well.

u might need also to consider changing the water pump if your mileage is high and never change it yet.

just my opinion...hehehe...

8. budakkampungaje

budakkampungaje Senior Member

1.check water hose there 2 pipe 1st upper 2nd down....chcek those pipe if 1st hose hot then 2nd hose is cold may then that thermostat
    2.open the radiator cap then add water after that start engine then remm that engine see that water is ejaculate from radiator.....if ejaculate maybe the gasked head its mean it have to make a top overhaul.....
    3.your radiator tersumbat....

based from what happen to my car...

#8 budakkampungaje, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  9. EvolutionZ

EvolutionZ Moderator
    Helmet Clan Moderator

All the 3 steps above are exactly what needed to check overheating, hope it's not the overhaul option... Costly ler

10. vr2turbo

vr2turbo Moderator
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Yup, since he already mentioned sometimes work, sometimes don't work......

11. reefz_wrx

reefz_wrx Senior Member

bro, have u check your relay?
    i think its your relay's fault

12. sharif5865

Yeah.... I hope its not top overhaul.... but it maybe the reason why always temperature up,, more than 3 bar....
    Yeah,, it is just like bro budakkampungaje, 1st hose hot then 2nd hose is cold..... about the water in the radiator,, when I open the radiator cap during engine on,, the water is not ejaculate from the radiator when ramm,,..... about the fan relay,, I did not check,, did not have the proper tool and knowledge

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

I have made an appointment with Proton Edar this friday due to my university exm that end thursday,, hope they did not 'makan' my money so much...hehehe

13. amrancharger

if your car is not within warranty period..u send to proton...sure kena potong...
    even within warranty, those service centre will charge u alot. :smokin:
    shud try n find other reliable mechanic/foreman....

14. sharif5865

Em.... really... but I think I should... cause before this has already send to 2 mechanics,, and they did'nt know whats going on,, and the other did not know if where is thermostat for this saga blm..really funny...

15. amrancharger

some mech might not be familiar with the new proton cars.
    its best if u can join any proton saga blm club and check their history.
    or mayb they haf a panel workshop u can send your car without being chop and bleed to death...

16. budakkampungaje

budakkampungaje Senior Member

Maybe the termostat...how cek the termostat is simple take out the put in the boil water...the boil water is bout 100 celicious..then when the termostat open then is okey if not open.....then changed it......if you go proton sc may sure kena punya......

17. sharif5865

hahahah problem solved..... the real culprit is only air cond fan relay,,, it was just like bro 'reefz wrx' said.... hahaha anyways thanks alot all sifus!!

18. amrancharger

so did the service centre found out it was faulty and change it for u?
    mind to share the cost/charge?

19. sharif5865

Nope..... I did go to service center,, but they also didnt know why... They ask for me leave my car there. But I refuse and go to air con shop. He said wiring problem. So I go to wiring shop,, and they find the relay below the fuse box... I thought there are nothing below there. He change the relay,, the price is RM28(relay)+RM17(labour work)=RM45... phewww!

20. N/A secret

N/A secret 5 Year | Silver

Its either the thermostat, or your fan have some problem to it, or blown gasket.

problem 1: thermostat= refer to mechanic in the workshop
    problem 2: consider adding a relay.
    problem 3: top overhaul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.