Saga BLM Clutch problem

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
hi mysayasan,

its sign of worn out clutch when u rev and engine speed went up but you're still at same speed. it can be caused by few things:
1) worn out clutch due to stepping on the clutch pedal halfway during the entire driving time.
2) due to controlling clutch often on the slope over a daily basis for a long time until it burnt
3) proton fitted an inferior or not QCed clutch set - wrongly assembled etc - just imagine only, no evident yet for this kind of suspected negligence from proton
4) as some bro here suggest, some leaking on the clutch set.

under the warranty agreement, proton will not pay for wear & tear parts. but this still can be nego with the SC ppl if its genuinely not caused by your daily usage...jus my opinion only......

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

checked with proton SC, the cost to replace whole set of clutch for BLM is out rm600 plus exclude labor, coz they are willing to waive the labor if the car is serviced promptly with proton.

but before replacing, its advisable to send your car in and they will remove the clutch set to see the condition and the technical dept will determine cause of damage/slip, 50:50 chance you need not pay for the replacement/repair. but 1 condition, your car must be serviced by proton according to their schedule - 1000km,5000km,10,000km and every subsequent 10,000km....
actually my driving style.. are really bad.. high revving.. quick shifting.. and sometime.. stuck.. as the mechanic told me.. that my pressure plate is somehow broken apart.. i also dont know how this happened.. cause while it happened.. i was driving at 50KMJ.. and braking a bit.. then suddenly bam.. these things happened.. mm.. :bawling:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
actually my driving style.. are really bad.. high revving.. quick shifting.. and sometime.. stuck.. as the mechanic told me.. that my pressure plate is somehow broken apart.. i also dont know how this happened.. cause while it happened.. i was driving at 50KMJ.. and braking a bit.. then suddenly bam.. these things happened.. mm.. :bawling:
bro,
the general warranty for saga is 175,000km. since now u have only done 19,000km, i advice u to replace yr clutch set in proton SC to enjoy the warranty coz if u fit after market clutch, it will void the whole warranty of your car.

personally, i think your driving style should use semi racing clutch or more durable after market clutch coz the BLM clutch is carry over from nissan sentra's clutch system.....its comfy and reliable for daily driven....if harsh driving....this will cause damage lor.....

so, there are pros & cons, if u need arrangement with SC, pm me, i'll get my friend to call u.
rgrds

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
bro,
the general warranty for saga is 175,000km. since now u have only done 19,000km, i advice u to replace yr clutch set in proton SC to enjoy the warranty coz if u fit after market clutch, it will void the whole warranty of your car.

personally, i think your driving style should use semi racing clutch or more durable after market clutch coz the BLM clutch is carry over from nissan sentra's clutch system.....its comfy and reliable for daily driven....if harsh driving....this will cause damage lor.....

so, there are pros & cons, if u need arrangement with SC, pm me, i'll get my friend to call u.
rgrds
oooo...
changing to 4-2-1 extractor can void warranty oso?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
it might if the workshop ppl wanna find faults as there is agreement & common understanding that no mod during warranty period...:)

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
it might if the workshop ppl wanna find faults as there is agreement & common understanding that no mod during warranty period...:)
i think no more warranty to my car.. hehehe.. cause i already change the cluth plate to super touring clutch plate.. but kana lay abit.. haishh... cause when i send to sc they need almost 3 days.. which.. i cannot do that.. since my workplace are far from my house.. and there is no other alternative for me to go to work everyday.. wan ask you.. can put gen2 conrod, crankshaft, piston, that will make 1.3 = 1.6?
Cause what i know.. the bore are the same.. but stroke only different.. so maybe can?

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
i think no more warranty to my car.. hehehe.. cause i already change the cluth plate to super touring clutch plate.. but kana lay abit.. haishh... cause when i send to sc they need almost 3 days.. which.. i cannot do that.. since my workplace are far from my house.. and there is no other alternative for me to go to work everyday.. wan ask you.. can put gen2 conrod, crankshaft, piston, that will make 1.3 = 1.6?
Cause what i know.. the bore are the same.. but stroke only different.. so maybe can?
i juz know that saga blm got new with 1.6 rite?so u can make the research from 1.6 information...

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
i juz know that saga blm got new with 1.6 rite?so u can make the research from 1.6 information...
mm.. i ady see the bore and stroke

S4PH (1.6L): 76 x 88 mm, resulting the displacement of 1598 cc. = gen2 etc..
S4PE (1.3L): 76 x 73.4 mm, resulting the displacement of 1332 cc. = saga blm

I also want to clarify something.. since saga using IAFM. which is standalone.. do i need to change it to gen2 head oso?.. or just use saga 1?.. but to convert to cps.. is no no no.. $$$$...

if i just fit using saga head with iafm and some piggyback is it ok?.. need explanation from sifu2 out there

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
mm.. i ady see the bore and stroke

S4PH (1.6L): 76 x 88 mm, resulting the displacement of 1598 cc. = gen2 etc..
S4PE (1.3L): 76 x 73.4 mm, resulting the displacement of 1332 cc. = saga blm

I also want to clarify something.. since saga using IAFM. which is standalone.. do i need to change it to gen2 head oso?.. or just use saga 1?.. but to convert to cps.. is no no no.. $$$$...

if i just fit using saga head with iafm and some piggyback is it ok?.. need explanation from sifu2 out there
i think u beta ask for those sifu2 cuz i also newbie in here... :rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

My car is Mazda Lantis Sedan, currently i got 1 pair of spotlight for Mazda Lantis Sedan without bracket.I need help to find a shop that can modified & install this spotlight into my car bumper.Prefered shop location some where in Sunway/Kelana Jaya area.Thanks.

:regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience